Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The only controller I've had major drift issues with was the joy-con. Had to return mine to Nintendo last year because it was basically unplayable. Weird thing is, with the brand-new joy-cons I STILL have drifting issues, but only when I play Mario Kart 8. Every other Switch game is fine. Kart on the other hand, I drift to the sides sharply occasionally while playing and it causes me to lose races. Have had races where I banked slightly to the left for the entire race and had to constantly adjust for it. It's really bad, and I have no idea why.

In PS5 news I can't wait to try 120 FPS out. Getting a 2021 LG OLED as soon as stores actually stock the one I want.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
It's definitely an issue with drift this generation. I never had an issue with PS3/PS4 but I have a brand-new PS5 controller with drift and it's gotten worse since a posted about a few months back. Not only that, but I've seen more news than I ever did last generations. I guess it's also big enough of an issue that CoD has a feature that's for drift where you can change the deadzone. I was able to get rid of the drift in the game but now I wish it was a feature in more games.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They are rapidly moving along with getting consoles here in Norway! New batch supposedly coming now in May. Seen people on Norwegian forums say that they are getting e-mails with shipping dates between May 3rd and May 31st. For pre-orders from June 2020.....

I am waiting, and I don't want to pay scalper prices (currently at around 1k), but when the FF7 remake update hits I might just do it. Doubt the console will be available normally until next year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They are rapidly moving along with getting consoles here in Norway! New batch supposedly coming now in May. Seen people on Norwegian forums say that they are getting e-mails with shipping dates between May 3rd and May 31st. For pre-orders from June 2020.....

I am waiting, and I don't want to pay scalper prices (currently at around 1k), but when the FF7 remake update hits I might just do it. Doubt the console will be available normally until next year.
FF7 is definitely not worth paying scalper prices for the system. Just wait.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't expect this to happen. It's a nice surprise.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

100% they had to wait for Microsoft talks to fall through before that got finalized.

spronk

FPS noob
wreckfest up for PS5 PS+

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah yes, let Sony America dictate what you're allowed to say on Discord. Great decision.
Discord is already run by SJWs looking to purge any channels with even a hint of wrongthink in them, so if anything a partnership with Sony is a perfect match.

• 2Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck are these still impossible to get?

Not that I'm champing at the bit any longer after hearing about the controller issues from you guys, and having always thought it looks aesthetically like garbage "modern art." But I still wouldn't mind being able to play Demons Souls and a couple other things, not to mention being able to snag Ratchet, Horizon:ZD2 and God of War 2 when they release.

spronk

FPS noob
anything derived from silicon chips is extremely constricted - CPUs, GPUs, consoles, cars, dildos that talk to you

too bad we never made america great again, china still has us by the balls

meanwhile Activision announced today they are gonna hire 2000 new devs over the next year to work on call of duty lol

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
anything derived from silicon chips is extremely constricted - CPUs, GPUs, consoles, cars, dildos that talk to you

too bad we never made america great again, china still has us by the balls

meanwhile Activision announced today they are gonna hire 2000 new devs over the next year to work on call of duty lol

As one of the leading producers of Soma, I would expect nothing less from Activision.

Szlia

What's the deal with the silicon chips shortage issue btw ? It's just a question of demand growth that outpaced manufacturing growth with a dash of COVID on top or is there something else at work ?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What's the deal with the silicon chips shortage issue btw ? It's just a question of demand growth that outpaced manufacturing growth with a dash of COVID on top or is there something else at work ?

Drought also.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Massive demand...big cycle of CPU’s, GPU’s, and consoles all within a couple months of each other. People all working from home drove up demand for other shit that uses CPUs too. COVID shutdowns which fucked everything up in the supply chain. Then the drought which caused issues with cooling in the manufacturing process of the silicon.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It also doesn't help that Intel's manufacturing is a shitshow at anything below 14nm+++++++++. This means that TSMC and to a lesser extent Samsung are your only options for making anything below 10nm, creating a huge bottleneck. Intel has been run by financial guys for years, optimizing for short term profit and it has caught up to them. They just recently started bringing back people who actually know anything beyond "Stonks go brrrr!", so hopefully that can get started on an AMD style turnaround. That is a long process though.

Since it takes years to bring a new fab online, companies have to consider if demand will still be there once supply can catch up. TSMC and Intel have announced plans to invest in new fabs this year. The problem is that it will still take years even with the amount of money they're going to throw at it.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Important to understand that "shortage" doesn't mean supply took a massive hit, rather demand took a massive jump in areas not anticipated to be so high since the end of 2019.

PS5s and Xbox have already exceeded their units sold from the old PS4/Xbox sales bet thread.