Playstation 5

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, why do I bother. I hate myself for caring that I still can't get one of these fucking pieces of shit.

I've been half assing it myself, but we scored one today with this bundle via Gamestop.

Link is right from Gamestop, no referral crap. Other bundles may restock too :

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fuck PS5.

My PC is way better anyway. I was going to buy one too but this shortage shit is for the birds. Ill grab one in 2022.
Yeah, you can just grab one of the new graphics cards and play on pc instead...oh wait.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Sony has no problem selling the systems. It’s setting records for volume and speed of any console in history. The demand is obscene already, they just can’t meet it. That doesn’t mean they aren’t selling systems at record paces though.

I think you misunderstood my point. There is a population of people who aren't going to just buy the system for the sake of having it but rather will be motivated to do so when a game they are anticipating comes out. If I go 'oh! I want to play that, please sell me a copy and a console to play it on' and you don't have inventory to sell then you may very well miss out on the sale.

Due to spoilers and FOMO I may decide, despite my initial desire for the title, that if I can't play it when it's fresh and new then I just won't play it at all or mentally toss it onto a backlog to revisit at some point in the future possibly when it is released for the PC.

At this point I have a PC, I have an XboxSX. If I can't get a PS5 in time to play the one title I want a PS5 to play then I might just say 'fuck it'.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh most people are married to a specific platform. Take my older kid for an example. Hes xbox all the way, all his buddies are xbox, and they basically use it as a form of chat communication even if they are not playing games. even if my kid is playing a pc game, hes got his xbox live on his pc to chat on at all times. Im sure there is a population of players like you say but its not all of them, its not even a big portion of them. I think he big portion of people are just married to a platform because all their friends are on that platform.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think you misunderstood my point. There is a population of people who aren't going to just buy the system for the sake of having it but rather will be motivated to do so when a game they are anticipating comes out. If I go 'oh! I want to play that, please sell me a copy and a console to play it on' and you don't have inventory to sell then you may very well miss out on the sale.

Due to spoilers and FOMO I may decide, despite my initial desire for the title, that if I can't play it when it's fresh and new then I just won't play it at all or mentally toss it onto a backlog to revisit at some point in the future possibly when it is released for the PC.

At this point I have a PC, I have an XboxSX. If I can't get a PS5 in time to play the one title I want a PS5 to play then I might just say 'fuck it'.
I get it, I just don’t know if it applies very well in a case like this where they can’t make enough to meet ridiculous demand. Console selling titles are really needed when sales are starting to lag to move the system. They haven’t needed that for this system yet and if they can get out some killer exclusives the system sales will likely continue to remain strong and they won’t be in a ‘we desperately need some console movers’ situation.

I don’t think the ‘I only play new games when they are actually new’ mentality is very prevalent among gamers. I always buy systems late, like 2 years into its cycle. I don’t just dismiss the killer titles from those two years I missed, I pick them up at a discount and enjoy them. I don’t really read about games/spoilers other than getting reviews on if the game is good or not. I’ve read most of the CP2077 thread and really have no idea what the story does other than your starting choice doesn’t matter much.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Nahh most people are married to a specific platform. Take my older kid for an example. Hes xbox all the way, all his buddies are xbox, and they basically use it as a form of chat communication even if they are not playing games. even if my kid is playing a pc game, hes got his xbox live on his pc to chat on at all times. Im sure there is a population of players like you say but its not all of them, its not even a big portion of them. I think he big portion of people are just married to a platform because all their friends are on that platform.

Maybe 10 years ago...

spronk

FPS noob

releases June 11th, red lives matter more as the red controller costs $5 extra

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Huh? WTF you talking about? Why would you buy a ps if all of your buddies are on xbone platform? Maybe as a second purchase later for exclusives?

Welcome to the age of gaming. Own 4 pillars of gaming. an Xbox and ps and switch and pc and chat on discord.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I bet it’s $5 more because the y are producing a lot more black ones for a future black system. Red probably a shorter production run.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll wait til a sale and then buy a midnight one on discount. Might as well get full use on the standard before drifting becomes a problem anyways.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I bet it’s $5 more because the y are producing a lot more black ones for a future black system. Red probably a shorter production run.

it’s because red resin for the plastic injection mold is more expensive (actually the most expensive).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user