Playstation 5

joz123

Potato del Grande
I might have badly formulated. The online games I got on my wii, psp and wii u did not move with the switch, ps3, ps4. I know they are still in the console but won't probably see thems agains and they have no worth.
biology system GIF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I might have badly formulated. The online games I got on my wii, psp and wii u did not move with the switch, ps3, ps4. I know they are still in the console but won't probably see thems agains and they have no worth.

You should be able to port anything on PS4 onto PS5. With reduced loading times to boot.

PS3 games are stuck on that system, but are also account-bound so if you got another PS3 and signed in they should be available for download (unless they changed it)

As for the rest yeah they're probably trapped on your old systems.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll preface this with I didn’t fully go through all steps I could have, but will soonish.

I think I “lost” all the digital games I bought on a 360. Hooked mine up a while back and it would sign into it but wouldn’t allow me to play the downloaded games. It was weird. I didn’t pursue options or troubleshoot at all. They were there but has a generic Xbox 360 logo instead of the game’s logo.

I rarely revisit games now. Too much to do and play. I keep saying I’ll catch up on games. Not happening.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah no fing way. And neither is PS Plus at $79 a year :p

They are out of their fucking minds.

I hope everyone cancels.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya that price hike is a huge mistake. I will not renew mine once it expires, will just go back to buying physical copies when they go on sale.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've never "lost" an online bought game, not even sure what that means. Have had a couple of games that I was able to re-play like a generation or two later and re-download it for free when there's no way I would have kept the disc that long.

Still like the option for 2nd hand games and gamefly if I ever so that again, but it's 99% digital only for me
What’s sad is a lot of games like Bad Company 2 which is amazing will be permanent offline soon. It wouldn’t matter if I had that disc or not.

Yeah no fing way. And neither is PS Plus at $79 a year

They are out of their fucking minds.

I hope everyone cancels.

Holy crap yeah that’s bad.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy crap yeah that’s bad.

Yeah right after that post I went to cancel. Only good to Jan 2024 but I hardly play the thing anymore over Series X these days. Shit most of my online friend base is moving over as well.

Everyone across the internet is up in arms cancelling so I would bet they revert at least the essential package back to $59 a year. That's just a complete joke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yeah right after that post I went to cancel. Only good to Jan 2024 but I hardly play the thing anymore over Series X these days. Shit most of my online friend base is moving over as well.

Everyone across the internet is up in arms cancelling so I would bet they revert at least the essential package back to $59 a year. That's just a complete joke.
I can see them keeping the Premium increase but not reverting the other 2 will be a major pita for them.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone else had an issue with their PS5 going to a blank screen when a game enters HDR mode? When Destiny 2 flips into HDR mode for me sometimes, but not always, the screen will go black. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in fixes it. I have an older LG OLED that only has HDMI 2.0 ports. I don't play alot of other games to know if its some specific with Destiny 2, the PS5 or the TV.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Has anyone else had an issue with their PS5 going to a blank screen when a game enters HDR mode? When Destiny 2 flips into HDR mode for me sometimes, but not always, the screen will go black. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in fixes it. I have an older LG OLED that only has HDMI 2.0 ports. I don't play alot of other games to know if its some specific with Destiny 2, the PS5 or the TV.
Your TV might be on auto mode for HDR. If you can turn it to always on, that shouldn't happen anymore. My screen would flicker when it was on auto.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

ouch, glad i converted 7-8 years of PS+ to Premium last year, its really not worth $160/yr lol
I was going to cancel like everyone else with any common sense, then I remembered I had been hanging onto a code that I bought long before the switchover. It's good for 219 days of Extra right now, I assume it will get downgraded once the price goes up so I might as well just redeem it now?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah may as well.

Also for everyone cancelling, make sure to download your cloud game save files just to be safe and they are sync'd to your console.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just canceled the premium top tier.
I haven’t turned on the PS since I beat God of War Rag

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Can you downgrade and upgrade your PS+ as often as you want? I got to thinking that since I never actually use my PS5 I might as well downgrade to Essential until such time as I actually feel like playing something that's only on Extra. With everything coming out this fall, 100% of which I will be playing on Series X or PC, I don't see myself using it at all. And if I do it will be games I actually own or get from GameFly, not PS+ stuff. No sense burning through my remaining days 40% faster for no reason, right?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
They better up the quality of their monthly free games if they want people to not cancel. Once my prebought time is up I don't plan on renewing at that $80 price.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, this is a huge price increase for no added value. If they had announced new features, content or something to go with the increase it might have made sense.

I just don't understand a 35% increase without adding anything.

Even though at the end of the day, it's less than 1 hour of work. It's the principle, a 35% year to year increase with no added value is just plain fucking greedy.

Vorph

They better up the quality of their monthly free games if they want people to not cancel. Once my prebought time is up I don't plan on renewing at that $80 price.
They'd have to go full Game Pass with their first party games to justify this shit.

This is Sony though, so don't expect anything to change but the price.

• 1Like