Playstation 5

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I try and do the same thing, because my wife is also a gamer, but we mostly do our own thing. I wanted something that we could do together, but it was so bleak that I'd even settle for sort of together, like she's on her phone scrolling while watching me play some other game. She's really good at puzzles and shit, and I hate them and instantly Google, and even that made it pretty hard. There's just nothing. :(
I know this isn’t the right forum, but you may want to check out board gaming. It’s amazing how advanced it’s gotten, and I’ve had a great time playing board games with groups of friends, with dates and even by myself. It’s a great way to unplug from a screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know this isn’t the right forum, but you may want to check out board gaming. It’s amazing how advanced it’s gotten, and I’ve had a great time playing board games with groups of friends, with dates and even by myself. It’s a great way to unplug from a screen.
Not a bad idea, but I've had bad experiences with board game groups in the past, and so it's really hard for me to get into them. There's for sure some neat ones as I have a bunch of friends that play all sorts of different kinds and tell me about them. Super complex multi-session ones even.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
When I was out visiting my parents out in PA, they shared an easy dice game they've been playing. Farkle. And you can play it with 2 or more people (no limit). Very easy game. My kids seem to really like it as well. You can buy a cheap plastic version on Amazon for $8. Or a nicer (less noisy) leather version for $30.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not a bad idea, but I've had bad experiences with board game groups in the past, and so it's really hard for me to get into them. There's for sure some neat ones as I have a bunch of friends that play all sorts of different kinds and tell me about them. Super complex multi-session ones even.
Just duo with the girlfriend. Buy one of the dice throne paired character boxes. Cheap to get into and can keep expanding your roster if she likes it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gimme 4k @60fps as a standard feature for all ps5 pro games and forget the focus on ray tracing.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a stable 4K60 you would need a 7800 XT and zero chance they put that in a Pro without a price hike, even a 7700 XT equiv would not be 60 locked on some games.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For a stable 4K60 you would need a 7800 XT and zero chance they put that in a Pro without a price hike, even a 7700 XT equiv would not be 60 locked on some games.
I think it is going to have a price hike regardless. With how bad inflation has been over the past four years I think we will be lucky if it’s only $100 more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

Abzu (PS4)
Adr1ft (PS4)
How to Survive 2 (PS4)
The Artful Escape (PS5, PS4)
Ashen (PS4)
Last Stop (PS5, PS4)
I Am Dead (PS4, PS4)
Absolver: Downfall (PS4)
My Friend Pedro (PS4)
The Messenger (PS4)
Jotun (PS4)
Sundered (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
This Is the Police (PS4)
This Is the Police 2 (PS4)
ELEX (PS4)
Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (PS4)
Minit (PS4)
Observation (PS4)
Final Fantasy IX (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII (PS4)
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition (PS4)
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)

damn thats a lot of final fantasy leaving PS+

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Anyone have a recommendation for a PS5 controller with paddles? Both my current controllers are first gen, been abused, and are ready for retirement.
The Dual Sense Edge is pretty good. Would be perfect if it had 4 paddles like the Microsoft Elite 2. Has a nice premium feel in the hands and replaceable thumb sticks. Without having to take the controller apart. I don’t regret this purchase one bit.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The Dual Sense Edge is pretty good. Would be perfect if it had 4 paddles like the Microsoft Elite 2. Has a nice premium feel in the hands and replaceable thumb sticks. Without having to take the controller apart. I don’t regret this purchase one bit.
No complaints about battery life?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Without having to take the controller apart.
Taking the DualSense apart is really easy. It's about the only thing Sony got right compared to the Xbox controller, which is an absolute pain in the ass to get apart without marring the seams.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
No complaints about battery life?
Battery life is trash on the regular Dualsense and the edge. Always has been. Where I have my PS5, I use it wired just so I dont have to deal with that. I have heard rumbling that there is a 3rd part battery pack coming out to replace the internal battery that has the original capacity or more, but I will believe it when I see it.

• 1Like

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Taking the DualSense apart is really easy. It's about the only thing Sony got right compared to the Xbox controller, which is an absolute pain in the ass to get apart without marring the seams.

No joke. I took apart my old Xbox Elite 2 to repair it, that was an exercise in frustration at points. First company to make a quality hall effect controller with back buttons wins.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Battery life is trash on the regular Dualsense and the edge. Always has been. Where I have my PS5, I use it wired just so I dont have to deal with that. I have heard rumbling that there is a 3rd part battery pack coming out to replace the internal battery that has the original capacity or more, but I will believe it when I see it.

No joke. I took apart my old Xbox Elite 2 to repair it, that was an exercise in frustration at points. First company to make a quality hall effect controller with back buttons wins.

Easy tiger, don't use all the battery in one flurry of posts. We won't see you again for two days.

If you got a second DualSense Edge, you could make every-other-day into daily posting sessions!

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
know any non-MS company that rebuilds Elite 2's? My bumper buttons are fucked, and the sticks need replacing. Damn if I'm paying MS $99 to fix it. Not so much the cost as the fact the bumpers would be fine if they didn't cheap out on the switches. I became an expert on fixing Xbox 360's (I think that was the one : red ring of death) due to their shitty save a penny bullshit and that's the last Xbox generation I bought.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
know any non-MS company that rebuilds Elite 2's? My bumper buttons are fucked, and the sticks need replacing. Damn if I'm paying MS $99 to fix it. Not so much the cost as the fact the bumpers would be fine if they didn't cheap out on the switches. I became an expert on fixing Xbox 360's (I think that was the one : red ring of death) due to their shitty save a penny bullshit and that's the last Xbox generation I bought.

Honestly, you could get the parts off Amazon and follow a guide for less than $20. After ruining my first Elite 2 and Microsoft “fixing” it 3 times, I bought the core version at Best Buy and purchased the warranty. They don’t as any questions and just replace it. The quality control sucks on these.

The only other alternative pro controllers are more expensive with the same “quality control” and a worse back paddle layout.