Please help find who murdered my friends family member

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
120d 4h 20m
I think given the video it seems obvious it was a hit. The guy avoided the ring cameras and spoke quietly. The 4th shot to make sure etc. The question is why? Doesn't sound like they had a substantial life insurance which is the most common motive.

Gavinmad

Silver Baron of the Realm
279d 4h 16m
Hard to believe you could just straight up murder someone in the suburbs in broad daylight while being recorded by multiple cameras and get away with it. It makes me think that if you just decided to murder a completely random person, far from your home, with no motive whatsoever, you could probably get away with it. The police just have nothing to go on unless someone gets your license plate or something.
Absolutely. This is why so many drug related murders go unsolved, because there is zero documented connection between the victim and the murderer.

CaughtCross

Trakanon Raider
134d 16h 28m
Hard to believe you could just straight up murder someone in the suburbs in broad daylight while being recorded by multiple cameras and get away with it. It makes me think that if you just decided to murder a completely random person, far from your home, with no motive whatsoever, you could probably get away with it. The police just have nothing to go on unless someone gets your license plate or something.

These guys tried just that 100 years ago and it did not work out well for them.

Burns

Vyemm Raider
These guys tried just that 100 years ago and it did not work out well for them.

Did you read the case? They didn't murder some random stranger and they sent a ransom note (added unneeded contact so they could make the papers). Franks (the 14 y.o. victim) was Loeb's second cousin, an across-the-street neighbor, and had played tennis at the Loeb residence several times.

Supposedly, Leopold had even sought out police and press to talk about his theories on the case, before they found the evidence at the murder site that lead detectives back to him (Leopold dropped his glasses, one of only 3 made by 1 shop in Chicago).

Even with the glasses, if they hadn't confessed, Darrow might have been able to get one or both acquitted.

• 2Like
Reactions: Chanur and zzeris

Ambiturner

Silver Baronet of the Realm
94d 11h 47m

There's a few other things to go on, but the biggest hurdle in a lot of these isn't figuring out who did it, but getting enough evidence for a conviction.