Podcastic

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
History on Fire took like a week to go through so I'm started Mike Duncan's revolutions. It's as good as his History of Rome series but he's not stuck with one group. Can find it on itunes or google play.

Revolutions

Some other good recent stuff.
A blitz episode from Dan Carlin. Execution, executioners, pain and the people who watch it.
Hardcore History 61 – (BLITZ) Painfotainment

Some recent good interviews from JRE
Steven Pinker

Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying

Jordan Peterson

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Revolutions is great. Particularly his series on the Haitian revolution, that was truly amazing.

sukik

I'm up to the French revolution, which looks like it's 40 episodes so it's gonna be a while. I'm hoping to make revolutions last through the summer because it's getting hard to find good podcasts.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed History of Rome but could not get into Revolutions. The english stuff sucked i thought. It got better?

sukik

It depends on why you didn't like it. The research quality, delivery style and production values are the same, if not better. If you didn't like the English Civil Wars as the subject matter you may try jumping ahead to one of the other revolutions.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The English one wasn't as interesting to me. The French and Haitian were awesome. I also kind of tuned out on Columbia and never finished it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Good to know it wasnt just me. I really loved the Rome podcast so not liking Revolutions was weird. I will give it a try again if I ever run out of podcasts.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
At a minimum, I'd recommend the Haiti one. The French one is a bit of a slog because the French revolution was a huge, sprawling mess. Maybe it's just because I was never taught anything about Haiti, or the nature of the slave rebellion, idk, but I found that one to be just crazy badass.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The south american revolution was fucking awesome. Bolivar was a hot mess. Long live Iron Ass.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Criminal

Criminal Podcasts is pretty fun. They're just quick little stories usually no more than 20 minutes long, but still interesting.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hardcore History has a new spinoff podcast, Hardcore History Adendum.

Also a new season of Someone Knows Something is out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

New episode of addendum. I don't think they're in the regular podcast feed, I can only see them on youtube.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's a separate feed for it. I assume because Dan Carlin hates making money.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Bump de bump. Is this still our “official unofficial” podcast thread? Looking for a podcast on the rise of the modern day state of Israel, preferably without too much bias..