<Silver Donator>
Almost done Death Throes of the Republic series

Real talk: Fuck Roman names.

Gaius this and Lucius Cornelius that

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty good discussion with Charles Murray about his much derided work the Bell Curve on Sam Harris's podcast. I knew the basics of the controversy and had read the bits that many used to label him a racist but it was still interesting to hear them talk about it in detail. Missed it because it was in the middle of his long string of anti-trump rant podcasts.

sukik

New Hardcore History about Julius Caesar and his war in Gaul. Hasn't shown up on the website yet. I was able to download it off Google play so it's probably on i-tunes.

Thanks for The History of Rome podcast link, halfway through it now. I don't like his style as much some of the other podcasts I listen to, but it's been a good narrative that's made my summer workouts less boring.

sukik

Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson and Brett Weinstein discuss Nazi's and other hot topics

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You Are Not So Smart

Came across a new podcast about science, psychology, the brain, and human motivations. It's a little low on production values and a little high on ads but it's very interesting and he interviews experts on various psychological topics. I've only listened to 3 episodes so far but I like it. Best episode I've heard so far is the one on "Desirability Bias".

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2017/07/20/yanss-103-desirability-bias/

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stumbled on this and working my way through it. D&D/Nerd Poker-ish podcast where they use an updated version of the Ghostbusters RPG system from the 80's that uses stuff from GB2 and the video games as well. They set it out of central Florida and even occasionally do episodes that tie in supernatural movies from the 80's like Beetlejuice and Big Trouble.

• 1Like

sukik

Not a podcast, but an interview with a podcaster. Dan Carnlin @ GoogleTalks. Looks like we won't bee seeing Common Sense for a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Last Podcast on the Left is now my favorite podcast. The impersonations get a little tiring, but sometimes they're hysterical.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dan Carlins Hardcore History is my favorite but you get those twice a year or so.

My next favorite is Shock Waves. I just really enjoy this podcast and its format. They usually have a theme of films.

I am getting ready to start Last Podcast on the Left. Which is a reference to rhe horror movie I assume. If so check out Shock Waves.

Season 3 of Someone Knows Something starts November 7th.

Last edited:

sukik

Finished Mike Duncan's The History of Rome podcast. I think it clocked in at around 75 hours and has been my exercise listening staple for the last couple months. Gonna listen to his new series Revolutions soon but I want to go through Bolelli's History on Fire first. Mike Duncan has also published his first book that was started from his notes for the Rome podcast.

The Storm Before the Storm

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not a podcast, but an interview with a podcaster. Dan Carnlin @ GoogleTalks. Looks like we won't bee seeing Common Sense for a while.

This fuckin guy. All I want is to hear him talk in my earbuds and he won't fucking let me. I've even paid him for it and he resolutely refuses to put out content. I don't see how he can make a living putting out 6-12 hours of audio a year. Lots of podcasters do that in a week and they don't exactly seem to be rolling in dough.

sukik

This fuckin guy. All I want is to hear him talk in my earbuds and he won't fucking let me. I've even paid him for it and he resolutely refuses to put out content. I don't see how he can make a living putting out 6-12 hours of audio a year. Lots of podcasters do that in a week and they don't exactly seem to be rolling in dough.
He's working on something that will fill in the space left by the absence of Common Sense. More history related "short" episodes on wierd topics. I think this is one of them, although it's only on the youtube channel. He said he'd announce it on his twitter feed.

Also for anyone who listened to Fear and Loathing in the New Jerusalem here's an interview with Daryl Cooper.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never botheres much with his Common Sense stuff. I listened to some episodes and it just doesnt do it for me. I am all over his Hardcore History though. I love that series.

sukik

Billy Corgan on JRE. Pretty good chat. Corgan always came across as a pretentious douche, but he's seems pretty self reflective and down to earth in this interview. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone following the meltdown of Maddox? He's trying to sue Dick Masterson for 20 million dollars.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Anyone following the meltdown of Maddox? He's trying to sue Dick Masterson for 20 million dollars.
"There's nothing inherently wrong with being a cuckold." - Maddox 2016

"You owe me $20 million for calling me a cuck" - Maddox 2017

• 1Worf