Podcastic

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I had posted my buddy's podcast a while back and it seemed well received around here. I figure it's worth an update.... He's hit his stride at this point with a monthly show (15th of the month) on retro gaming music (and the games, of course). He's been griping about needing more constructive feedback so if anybody is willing, please hit him up on social media.

rgboombox - EPISODE 10: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

only feedback I have, is for he and sal to do a bit better research and script the show. it suffers from being to ad hoc and drags for how long the podcast is. i still listen to everyone, just a bit to much random banter that really doesn't add to the topic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really liked s town. 10 / 10 would Alabama again

Fire guilding in action.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been tearing through podcasts this past month. Hour drive to work and hour back.

Blueprint for Armageddon
S Town
Serial S2
Serial S1

All down

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is me at a neighborhood party after consuming 24 hours of Hardcore History

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finished HH Prophets of Doom.

Funny that amish is based on the early anabaptists movement.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So the 2nd season of breakdown is about Justin Ross Harris whose kid died in the hot car. They focus WAY too much on the jury selection, but holy shit they cast so much doubt on the prosecutions case. Dude did not get a fair trial.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've finished the following HcH:
Destroyer of worlds
Prophets of doom
Blueprint for Armageddon
King of Kings
America peril
Wrath of Khan's

Wut hch do now?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Adebisi Adebisi You got most of my favorites. How about Ghosts of the Ostfront? That one was pretty good I thought. It's about the Eastern Front and the horrors of war. Don't get as much stuff on the Eastern Front here in the US.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started listening to MarytrMade's series on the origins of the Israel-Palestine conflict after hearing it being recommended by some of the other podcasts I listen to. Like it so far.

Fear & Loathing in the New Jerusalem

Finished this a couple weeks ago. It starts with descriptions of the phenomenon of 19th-20th century pogroms and ends a few weeks after Israeli Independence in 1948. He made some of his fans butthurt since he supposedly spent a lot of the 2016 election shitposting pepe style but his twitter was wiped so I couldn't find any of it, and none of that showed up in the podcast anyway. I thought he did a pretty good job presenting both sides. The series gets pretty dark.

On a lighter note the h3podcast has turned out to be interesting. Their guests so far include Justin Roiland(Rick and Morty), Pewdiepie, Vsauce, iDubbz, Keemstar, Phillip Defranco, Post Malone, Markiplier, Ian Hecox(Smosh) and Joey Salads.

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLtREJY21xRfCuEKvdki1Kw

In the mildy intresting category it turns out Ethan spent his youth playing EQ:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Adebisi Adebisi You got most of my favorites. How about Ghosts of the Ostfront? That one was pretty good I thought. It's about the Eastern Front and the horrors of war. Don't get as much stuff on the Eastern Front here in the US.

His first real big series on the Roman Republic is great.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed it but I had recently finished The History of Rome which was tremendous. So he didn't add alot to me.
The History of Rome

Mike Duncan who did the history of Rome also does the Revolutions podcast.

Yeah i know ive listened to every revolution and hardcore history. I am a huge nerd on roman history so i appreciate his hardcore history take on it above the general info.

The revolutions series on hatian revolution is great.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Finished this a couple weeks ago. It starts with descriptions of the phenomenon of 19th-20th century pogroms and ends a few weeks after Israeli Independence in 1948. He made some of his fans butthurt since he supposedly spent a lot of the 2016 election shitposting pepe style but his twitter was wiped so I couldn't find any of it, and none of that showed up in the podcast anyway. I thought he did a pretty good job presenting both sides. The series gets pretty dark.

Listened to the first two episodes based on your recommendation and so far so good. A person might even call it a Hardcore History rip-off but since HH comes out so rarely there's plenty of room for both. Do you know where the name "MartyrMade" comes from?

From what I've heard so far it's surprising to me how much of it is politics and European colonial fuckery and how little religion has to do with it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Listened to the first two episodes based on your recommendation and so far so good. A person might even call it a Hardcore History rip-off but since HH comes out so rarely there's plenty of room for both. Do you know where the name "MartyrMade" comes from?
I'll take all the well done HH knock-offs people are willing to do. Dan is great but he's only one man with limited time.

On the name, just a guess: Parts of the series attempt to demonstrate how some Islamic groups evolved into death cults that glorify martyrdom. Or how martyrs are made.

From what I've heard so far it's surprising to me how much of it is politics and European colonial fuckery and how little religion has to do with it.

Yea, I've studied colonial eras before but how native populations are controlled is always glossed over. It's gruesome but fascinating. Definitely want to read more about it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Listening to HH King of Kings makes me want to visit the National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad. Wonder how safe it is for a FUCKING WHITE MALE.

HH's King of Kings also makes me hate ISIS even more, knowing that they are sitting in, and blowing up, many of those ancient Assyrian sites.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yea, I've studied colonial eras before but how native populations are controlled is always glossed over. It's gruesome but fascinating. Definitely want to read more about it.

I just got into the stuff about people who don't have experience with institutions today. He really goes deep with it but I was never bored at all. Very well done and an idea I have never heard discussed before.