Podcastic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just started listening to Drunks and Dragons. First episode was pretty amusing as most of the people have never played before.

http://geeklyinc.com/category/drunks-and-dragons/

Ryanz

<Banned>
I don't remember if I stumbled upon this video on the other site or not, but I'm going to post it anyways. Always liked Joe Rogan...can't tolerate his stand up...but his interviews/podcasts are always great. This one in particular was very interesting.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I've got almost 20 hours of driving over the next few days and was hoping to find a robust list of MUST-LISTEN podcasts here. Anybody at least have one or two recommendations?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I love the Hardcore History podcasts. 20 hours would about cover the WWI podcast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I listen to the No Agenda Show podcast. They make fun of and point out all the stupid shit the media says and does.

Hosted by John C. Dvoark (the computer guy) and Adam Curry (of MTV fame).

It's entertaining and they actually do a lot of research into why soandso is full of shit. They also stream it live every Thursday and Sunday morning of you can listen to the recording.

The Show - No Agenda - With Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've got almost 20 hours of driving over the next few days and was hoping to find a robust list of MUST-LISTEN podcasts here. Anybody at least have one or two recommendations?

Radiolab. 2014 and earlier.

• 1Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

America's Test Kitchen.

So here is my podcast list. I listen to about 42 podcasts a week. I am an insane person

Harmontown
War Rocket Ajax
Best Show with Tom sharpling
Movie Fighters
This american life
James Bonding (defunct)
The Flop House
Jalen and Jacoby
Cheap Heat
Best Debate in the Universe
Welcome to Nightvale
Spontaneanation
How did this get made?
The Nerdist (hardwick sucks)
Comedy Bang Bang
I was there Too
PTI
Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin
Thrilling Adventure Hour (defunctish)
Dead Authors Podcast (defunct)
Dan Carlins Hardcore History
Bill Burr's Shit
Invisibillia
Judge John Hodgeman
Tony Kornheiser Show
Superego (defunct)
Black List Table Reads
Bill Simmons Podcast
Channel 33
Pistol Shrimps Radio
America's Test Kitchen
Shackhouse
Alice Isnt Dead (really good)
Bill Barnwell Show
Ringer NFL Show
Ringer NBA Show
Co-optional podcast
Keepin it 1600
The Watch
and last, but NOT least. The Dick show.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I've lately been listening to Drunkards and Dragons. Which is pretty amusing if you like role playing games.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Radiolab. 2014 and earlier.

This week's Radiolab was amazing. Talking about how trees share resources and eat salmon and shit via fungus. Blew my mind.

Along with Radiolab, I also listen to Freakonomics radio and This American Life from NPR. All three shows are kind of similar but they are all good almost every week.

Hardcore history is great for a long drive if you have a good attention span.

There is also one called "Damn Interesting" that is amazing but publishes very erratically. Going through the back catalog is a ton of fun though, can't recommend it highly enough.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I use beyondpod (android) any reason i should use something else?

Most podcast apps are generally the same, some minor features here and there but if you find one that works for you then there's little reason to change. I use Podcast Addict.

Pocket Casts seems to get the most recommendations. (Costs $4. +$9 for their webplayer. No free version) Their major feature is syncing your podcast library over multiple devices which is cool, but I ended up hating the weird ass way they handle playlists.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I use doggcatcher. I don't know if it's better or worse than anything else, I've just been using it forever and it works. I don't think there's all that much to a podcatcher but if there's one that is better for some reason I'd be interested to hear about it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yea we all basically want a firefox/chrome app, and not be stuck w/ IE. not cuz we don't want to try, just cant try em all.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I use Podcast Addict.

Skeptics guide to the universe - never miss it. Love word of the week, what's that noisee and science or fiction segments

Ask me another
Wait, wait... Don't tell me
- my quiz shows... I will try out the one linked above...

The thinking athiest - Seth Andrew's has a voice for radio and covers topics from a more layman's pov.

Waking up with Sam harris
Awesome Astronomy
The Athiest Experience
Space Geeks
Radiolab
This American Life

I just subscribed to The History of Exploration... Not sure if good or not but a great topic. Will listen on my commute this morning.

• 1Like