Podcastic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use pocketcast. I get so much money from google surveys that I just buy any apps I like.. seemed good enough.

I'm big on missing persons/murder podcasts:

Someone Knows Something
Thin Air
Serial (season 1)

I also listen to Bill Burr's but his is mostly rambling about sports and other shit. Givin ya the ol right there fred

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Might be my current favorite working comic right now. Everything he does just makes me laugh

Sup Kane!

Yeah, I was bored and watched Completely Normal on Netflix then had to go digging for his other 2 albums.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I use Podcast Republic Its actively developed and has all the features I want.

savagelovecast
cbc laughing out loud
invisibilia (npr)
hidden brain (npr)
sawbones (medical history funny)
only human
agenda with steve paikin (news.. dry and skip alot of them)
no such thing as a fish (qi elves doing their thing)
..used ot listen to wiretap and a life well wasted ...wanting to check out some bbc podcasts. theres alot
beyondpod. per podcast dl rules is why im using it

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some good stuff here. I'll try some since I'm looking to boost my variety of podcasts. Some are repeats but I'll add links and descriptions.

The Rubin Report. Former TYT associate disappointed by their new crazy. Classic liberal interview show:
The Rubin Report

Jocko Podcast. Retired Navy Seal, Brazllian jiu-jitsu enthusiast and leadership trainer. He was a guest on Tim Fariss, Joe Rogan and Sam Harris before starting his own podcast. He talks about a variety of things including how he uses the leadership principles he developed during his time in the military to inspire others lead healthy and productive lives. The podcast is not what I expected it to be but I enjoy it.
Podcast Episodes | Jocko Podcast
Jocko Podcast

Waking up with Sam Harris. I think most people here know who he is. Self-exploration and critique of modern religions.
Podcast
Waking Up with Sam Harris
Sam Harris

The Joe Rogan Experience. This is the only thing I like from Joe Rogan. I don't like his TV shows or his comedy but I thing he does a good podcast and can interview people from a somewhat everyman perspective.
Joe Rogan
PowerfulJRE

Monday Morning Podcast. It's Bill Burr rambling for an hours. If I've caught up on everything else or it's been awhile I listen to it.
Bill’s Monday Morning Podcast - The Official Website of Bill Burr
theMonday Morning Podcast

Dan Carlin. Another one most people here know.
Home – Common Sense
Current Hardcore History Available for Free

I'll do some gaming ones later in a different post.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
My girlfriend is a huge fan of MBMBAM, My Brother My Brother And Me, and all the other podcasts related to them.

She dragged me along to NYC to see them live, it was pretty funny. I'm just not a big podcaster.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
/shill

some friends of mine make this and people seem to like it. they're writing season two now. the description is: The Once and Future Nerd contains adult language, graphic descriptions of violence, and explicit discussions of sexuality. This is, of course, in the interest of historical realism. We hope you enjoy our story about wizards, elves, and dragons.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/toafn

/shilloff

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
+1 for Podcast Addict.

I loved the first "season" of Malcolm Gladwell's new podcast Revisionist History. Through that show I listened to the first episode of Placemakers, which I also liked. I also listen to a bunch of the ones already listed, TAL etc.

radditsu

Some good stuff here. I'll try some since I'm looking to boost my variety of podcasts. Some are repeats but I'll add links and descriptions.

The Rubin Report. Former TYT associate disappointed by their new crazy. Classic liberal interview show:
The Rubin Report

Jocko Podcast. Retired Navy Seal, Brazllian jiu-jitsu enthusiast and leadership trainer. He was a guest on Tim Fariss, Joe Rogan and Sam Harris before starting his own podcast. He talks about a variety of things including how he uses the leadership principles he developed during his time in the military to inspire others lead healthy and productive lives. The podcast is not what I expected it to be but I enjoy it.
Podcast Episodes | Jocko Podcast
Jocko Podcast

Waking up with Sam Harris. I think most people here know who he is. Self-exploration and critique of modern religions.
Podcast
Waking Up with Sam Harris
Sam Harris

The Joe Rogan Experience. This is the only thing I like from Joe Rogan. I don't like his TV shows or his comedy but I thing he does a good podcast and can interview people from a somewhat everyman perspective.
Joe Rogan
PowerfulJRE

Monday Morning Podcast. It's Bill Burr rambling for an hours. If I've caught up on everything else or it's been awhile I listen to it.
Bill’s Monday Morning Podcast - The Official Website of Bill Burr
theMonday Morning Podcast

Dan Carlin. Another one most people here know.
Home – Common Sense
Current Hardcore History Available for Free

I'll do some gaming ones later in a different post.

+1 for the Dan Carlin, the Common Sense archives from ~ 2 years ago are interesting to hear. 275 is very pertinent to the bullshit thats happening in this election.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The newest Harmontown, ep 213 at around 75mins, has an amazing 20 min bit of ED-209 being trans millenial going to save "her" dying father.

radditsu

If you want misplaced guilt about being a rich white guy Harmontown is the way to go. I love the show but you can tell as Harmon gets more and more popular it gives him more and more problems trying to square himself with life. I just want to shake the guy and say ITS NOT BAD TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND GOOD AT YOUR JOB.

Andy Dick and Starburns last week was amazing.

I haven't picked up many new Podcasts the last few weeks, Outside the new Tony Kornheiser pod. I did pick up Jesse Cox n` Crendor because Jesse Cox is an insane person and I devour everything the guy does, but its just two idiots for 45 mins updated in a sporadic fashion.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have been burning through The History of Byzantium lately. It's awesome. Also the first few episodes of History on Fire, his accent is sometimes problematic but it is good. Revolutions Podcast is good but I find that I have to relisten to entire seasons in order to get the most out of them.

On top of that I listen to the following every week:

Risky Business
Brakeing Down Security
Security Now
Southern Fried Security
RallySec
PVC Security
Tradecraft Tuesday
Defensive Security
A few others like PrimalSec and Cigital that aren't weekly. WTF and Nerdist if they have someone interesting. Rogan sometimes. Sam Harris usually.

I was listening to Sword and Scale but I had to take a break from that shit. In the Jim Jones episode, you can hear the babies and kids screaming and dying in the background of the recording. Shit got too real.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
Also caught that episode, was pretty interesting. If you're into astronomy, catch Neil deGrasse Tyson's podcast StarTalk. His co host is kinda annoying at times (comedian), but other then that the conversation is always pretty interesting and not always strictly about astronomy. One episode was based around super heroe's/villains.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks to whoever mentioned Tom Segura. I hadn't heard of him and just watched a Netflix special of his. This dude is fucking hilarious.