Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chris

Potato del Grande
Digglet is so rare as to be pretty much nest only here.

I wonder if other pokemon combos work (Why diglett)? I'll be saving CP 10 bubbles from now on though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Digglet is so rare as to be pretty much nest only here.

I wonder if other pokemon combos work (Why diglett)? I'll be saving CP 10 bubbles from now on though.

Diglett is the only pokemon in the game (aside from magikarp) that can be powered up to level 1.5 while still being at 10cp

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I left the gym it was level 4 with nothing above 1k except my 2300 Arcanine. It's far enough away that I really don't want to go back just to check out that gym.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just caught a lvl 1 pikachu with thundershock, cp 10. Can't power it up to 1.5 but it still might work instead of diglett.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds worth a try. I want to do this but it strikes me as the bottleneck will be a healthy stock of cp20 fodder to keep lining the gym with, versus mining for one lonely 10cp to use to do it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've seen some people in my old town with multiple high level snorlaxes defending gyms and I now I truly understand how blatantly they're cheating. They're only upper 20s so it has to be pretty relentless gps sniping with scanners.
I have three "high" level Snorlaxes, all caught legitimately. The sight of 100 people cramming thru a small bridge trying to get to the Snorlax that's currently up is a sight to behold.

(I forgot to take a picture, but the common rush to Vaporeon in Central Park vid is peanuts compared to that one. Trust me)

PS: I also got a lower level Snorlax, which was instantly converted to candy to power up my highest one, but I'm still slipping slowly in relative levels...

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS what is the best IV checker at this point? I haven't been keeping up; pokeadvisor block and massive heat wave killed my motivation recently.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe in a big city, but Champaign-Urbana is college town of like 100k, plus the transient student population. Also, I've yet to find a single communal map like pokeradar that CU residents use. Pokeradar looks like it's absolutely insane in a high pop area like Navy Pier, Santa Monica, or Central Park. So in a much smaller, much less densely populated area, without easy access to spawn maps, where if you happen to find out about a Snorlax you actually have to be both free to run after it and it has to be close enough for you to catch, someone with multiple 2k+ Snorlaxes is cheating their ass off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a 2k Snorlax and Lapras, some bad luck and I have two Snorlax. Some good luck and I have less Eevee and more Snorlax.

Those people could be buying incubators, 10k eggs are uncommon not rare and always have 70%+ IVs.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I hatched a 10km egg into a 85ish% snorlax over the weekend, having previously never seen one. It only gave me like 13 candies. I thought it was always 20+ so I couldn't even power him up very well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a 2k Snorlax and Lapras, some bad luck and I have two Snorlax. Some good luck and I have less Eevee and more Snorlax.

Those people could be buying incubators, 10k eggs are uncommon not rare and always have 70%+ IVs.

Assuming eggs don't have their own internal rarity (and I suspect they do), you have a 1/17 chance of getting a Snorlax from a 10K egg. A perfect freshly hatched Snorlax has 1778 CP, which is a long way from 2k+ seeing as how that perfect Snorlax has to be powered up 5 times just to hit 2001 CP and 8 times to get over 2100 CP. An 80% Snorlax needs 7 powerups to hit 2k and 9 powerups to hit 2100. So going with 80% instead of perfect, it takes 25 candy to get your Snorlax up to 2100.

Someone with 3 Snorlaxes over 2100 living in a town of ~100k is either luckier than a powerball winner, spending hundreds of dollars on incubators, or cheating their ass off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well just saying that I have 2 ultra rares at good CP so it's not impossible. Town size is irrelevant, eggs are optimal for getting them and getting them at that IV level plus power up candy.

How are hackers getting them? Even auto walking that's 1 egg at a time and they need to clear out 5ks too. Are they spoofing to Snorlax nests?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think there is such a thing as a Snorlax nest, but if you use a communal map and live in a major city (or spoof to one) you can just check the map every so often for Snorlax (or Vaporeon, Lapras, Exeggutor, or Dragonite, etc). I assume GPS spoofing is just manually typing in the lat/long you want to go to just like the map scanner app I use, so as long as you never move between places fast enough to trigger softbans, I would assume your account will never draw attention to itself.

I imagine Tokyo, NY, and LA would be the best places in the world to spoof to. I loaded up Ueno Park in my map scanner after Chysamere posted about it and it was pretty ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of other absurd spots in Tokyo. With LA obviously Santa Monica Pier is huge, and I'm pretty sure La Brea is too. NY has Central Park as well as miles upon miles of coastline for Dratini. Navy Pier and Adler Planetarium in Chicago are supposed to be really good too.

Meanwhile I'm gonna sit here and accumulate the largest stockpile of Pidgey candy the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I went to Vegas last week and it was pretty cool collecting a bunch of Growlithes, Mankeys, and Meowths that are all rare to find around me normally. Also hatched a Lampas with all my walking.
Looks like the initial fervor has died down, but I'm still enjoying myself.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I went to Vegas last week and it was pretty cool collecting a bunch of Growlithes, Mankeys, and Meowths that are all rare to find around me normally. Also hatched a Lampas with all my walking.
Looks like the initial fervor has died down, but I'm still enjoying myself.
The parks area around here are still overcrowded with people nose on their phone.

Heck, even the homeless guys say "any good pokemon?" when you pass next to them...

By the way, did they rotate nests again last Friday? The small park where I used to get Electabuzz all the time (4 spots, rotating on the usual hourly schedule) seem to have Hypnos now, and the park next to home seems to have regular Mr Mimes now, which I never saw anywhere before...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Someone with 3 Snorlaxes over 2100 living in a town of ~100k is either luckier than a powerball winner, spending hundreds of dollars on incubators, or cheating their ass off.

Just because you never leave your town does not mean nobody else does.

Take it from someone that got banned, Niantic is cleaning up the game and it's very hard to continue cheating without getting caught.

So yeah, find another excuse for why other people are better at the game than you

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
By the way, did they rotate nests again last Friday? The small park where I used to get Electabuzz all the time (4 spots, rotating on the usual hourly schedule) seem to have Hypnos now, and the park next to home seems to have regular Mr Mimes now, which I never saw anywhere before...
Did check two other parks, one that was a Vulpix hotspot, and still has them, and one that was an Eevee hotspot who seems to have Kabutos all over.

So, some rotation happened. The previous one was 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Take it from someone that got banned, Niantic is cleaning up the game and it's very hard to continue cheating without getting caught.
Colleague at work just go ban. He used a pokeadvisor-type app to access the pokedex, tag his mon by IV, and drop the low-level ones. No botting, just deck manager. Still banned.