Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Went out for a few hours tonight and picked up enough Oddish, Bellsprout and Bulbasaur to make a Vileplume, Victrebel and Venusaur respectively.

I also hatched an Aerodactyl and a 98% Charmander.

Overall a pretty successful night. Pokedex up to 113, level up to 27

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
97% eevee, evolves into vaporeon...water pulse! lol. Caught a wild snorlax though, lvl 21 82% IVs, so I'm pretty satisfied. Gonna be a long road powering that guy up but glad to finally have one. Now I just need a good Lapras. I actually caught a wild one a while back for the pokedex entry but it was like low teens.

I've seen some people in my old town with multiple high level snorlaxes defending gyms and I now I truly understand how blatantly they're cheating. They're only upper 20s so it has to be pretty relentless gps sniping with scanners.

fris

Vyemm Raider
if you refresh one of the map sites, you can find one snorlax a day fairly easily. i have terrible luck in catching them though.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've seen some people in my old town with multiple high level snorlaxes defending gyms and I now I truly understand how blatantly they're cheating. They're only upper 20s so it has to be pretty relentless gps sniping with scanners.

Unlikely that they've escaped being banned

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit I'm so glad I evolved him last night haha

wonder if he'll be worth any money when they implement trading :p

*edit*

Wonder if they're intentionally nerfing him because he's a good dragonite counter. Completely contrary to the whole fucking point of pokemon if so. Gonna try and evolve another wiggly or two before the update gets forced.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Having great pokemon night. First egg hatched a porygon. Then a charmander. 98% eggescute, which evolved with solarbeam, 100% cubone, and picked up enough mankeys for my primeape

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've been going over the 'best defender' list on pokeassistant, and their formulas are just retarded. Seems like they put way too much weight on type resistances and not nearly enough weight on hps. I have an upper 20s 97% electrode that, despite ranking so highly on their list, is actually a pretty terrible defender because it only has 90 hp. Here's my take on the best defenders, in no particular order.

Top Tier (Worth powering up)

Snorlax: Ok well this one is in particular order. Nothing defends better than a Snorlax, they're crazy OP. Normal is only weak to fighting, machamp is a pita to farm and nobody is going to power up a primeape.

Vaporeon: Very strong and seems to have about twice as many hp as it should, meaning it's pretty much guaranteed to get off at least one hydro pump.

Gyarados: Hits hard and solid hp. Double weakness to electricity isn't a very big deal because electric pokemon are terrible in Go, at best an electric pokemon can 1 for 1 Gyarados.

Wigglytuff: Solid hp, uncommon weaknesses. Also offensively strong against Dragonite.

Lapras: Multiple vulnerabiltiies but hits hard with very high hp. Also offensively strong against Dragonite.

Exeggutor: Another absurdly overpowered pokemon, hits extremely hard with solid hp. Also one of the best all around attackers in the game. Double weakness to bug isn't a big deal, at best a high level pinsir/scyther can roughly 1 for 1, assuming they take it down before solar beam finishes charging up

Dragonite: Extremely powerful pokemon, double weakness to ice mostly irrelevant because ice pokemon are shit except for Lapras, who is extremely rare. Probably the best all around attacker.

Respectable (Not worth powering up, but still good defenders)

Blastoise: Too much trouble, Vaporeon is better and requires 25 candy to evolve instead of 125

Venusaur/Victreebell/Vileplume: Exeggutor is just better, and only requires 50 candy to evolve instead of 125

Slowbro: Confusion/Psychic Slowbro is a very good trick defender. Guaranteed to stick decent damage on whatever they use to take it down, and all the gen 1 grass pokemon except Exeggutor are weak to psychic type.

Muk: Decent hp and few weaknesses. Unfortunately gets wrecked by Exeggutor.

Clefable: Basically a diet Wigglytuff.

Chris

Potato del Grande
1 incense on a Baltic Ocean ferry Tallinn to Helsinki. 30 uncommon to rare pokemon. No pidgey. No ratatta. No drowzee.

Deadzone rares are real. My phone didn't work so had to see my GF catch Marowak, FML.

Sterling

El Presidente
I left my Arcanine on a gym at a local-ish zoo 15 days ago and that fucker is still there.
Nice. Is it like level 10 with all 2k+ defenders? I know I usually avoid fucking with gyms like that even if I could technically wear them down, just takes way too long and uses a fuckton of potions and shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nice. Is it like level 10 with all 2k+ defenders? I know I usually avoid fucking with gyms like that even if I could technically wear them down, just takes way too long and uses a fuckton of potions and shit.
I don't play that often, but I love gyms like that if I can sit near them. I'll go through all of my offensive pokemons, clear 1-2 of the defenders, revive and potion up, repeat. I'm usually trashing revives and potions for pokeball space, so I might as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As a member of team rocket, grinding down high level gyms is basically the most satisfying thing I can possibly do in the game. Although I usually don't bother grinding them all the way down, just grinding them down to rank 3/4 is the most efficient way to fuck the gym over. It takes far less time to grind a gym down than it does to train a gym up, and it's even worse for them when I leave the 3-4 strongest pokemon in the gym.

BLAST OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a member of team rocket, grinding down high level gyms is basically the most satisfying thing I can possibly do in the game. Although I usually don't bother grinding them all the way down, just grinding them down to rank 3/4 is the most efficient way to fuck the gym over. It takes far less time to grind a gym down than it does to train a gym up, and it's even worse for them when I leave the 3-4 strongest pokemon in the gym.

BLAST OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!
This is actually pretty disruptive.... ingenious.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a natural aptitude for min/maxing and powergaming, it never takes me long to take a game apart figure out the best way to exploit it. It's also been a really long time since I've been able to really dig into a game since I stopped playing tabletop games years ago and Hearthstone is designed catering to people with an IQ in the 60s.

That's reasonably impressive, but you could spend weeks trying to find a suitable Diglett and Horsea or Krabby. Poliwag no longer works without a legacy Diglett. Also, your gym would always effectively be -1 level since it has a trash pokemon up front.