Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Im not going to thread ban ossoi for probably being wrong. Dude doesnt know shit about pokemon except how to perform a very simple cheat, and is too dumb to learn. Doesnt mean he should be banned.

Now if he starts scamming people again....

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's on boys, found a small Charmander nest about 20 minutes away. Tomorrow is going to be Shake Shack + Charizard day. I have a 98% Charmeleon that should be pretty cool.

Now I just need to find a place to get Seels, Abras, Clefairies, Grimers and Squirtles, and somehow find a Lapras, Hitmonchan and Lickitung, and I'm done.

Last edited:

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I'm willing to stand corrected on the whole regional hatchings from eggs, but the only evidence so far is one person who says they have hatched a Tauros. Could be a 0.000001% chance of an out of region hatch, or could be a bug.

Ossoi is still a cheating cunt though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good day today, got Chansey! Pretty much got all the rares minus Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan and the starter evolutions. Rammed that 400 cp fucker into a lv8 gym, I have no idea how it'll do.

I've never seen a pokemon at a pokestop on the tracker, despite catching pokemon at and near pokestops. Is it broken or only working in super dense locations like New York/Tokyo?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How many times did you power him up? A perfect chansey maxes at 385 cp freshly hatched, so it sounds like yours is a really well rolled one.

Was browsing around pokeradar just now and thought I'd share a picture of what the south corner of Central Park looks like right now. Playing in Manhattan must be a completely ridiculous experience, probably even crazier than Tokyo.

VF9XDIV.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pokeradar still works?

My Chansey is a 82% 11/13/13. I got some candy with it (maybe 25 can't remember) with it so powered it up all the way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gym Defenders Tier List | Pokemon Go

Looks like I wasn't too far off in rating top tier gym defenders, although I whiffed on a couple. Really didn't expect poliwrath or omastar to be considered such good defenders. Still don't see how you can possibly rate omastar so highly as a defender with that double grass weakness.

Guess it's not terribly relevant to me as a member of team rocket though.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Woke up today at 8am.

Wanted to roll over for another three hours or so, then I checked my wife's phone. Two empty arena slots nearby, and the other two arenas were level 7 team valor - each had 4 pokemon with less than 800 CP in it!

Never got out of bed so fast on a Sunday.

Three Lapras Arena 1500-2k is kinda annoying though :[

Is fire weak or strong vs a Lapras?

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Woke up today at 8am.

Wanted to roll over for another three hours or so, then I checked my wife's phone. Two empty arena slots nearby, and the other two arenas were level 7 team valor - each had 4 pokemon with less than 800 CP in it!

Never got out of bed so fast on a Sunday.

Three Lapras Arena 1500-2k is kinda annoying though :[

Is fire weak or strong vs a Lapras?
Fire is neutral vs Lapras, Water is strong and Ice weak so they cancel out. However Lapras can have Water moves I think so you only want to use Fire against those with Ice moves only.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Fire is neutral vs Lapras, Water is strong and Ice weak so they cancel out. However Lapras can have Water moves I think so you only want to use Fire against those with Ice moves only.
Does he? DB says Ice & Dragon moves only.

Cursory check on vulns says you'd probably want a Fire or Water based 'mon with Rock/Electric/Grass/Fighting attacks but there doesn't seem to be a good one, so Fire is probably the easiest compromise.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a level 20 1200 Starmie with tackle and hydropump and plenty of candies (I'm 22 now)

It's however locked in a rural arena...

Chris

Potato del Grande

Cursory check on vulns says you'd probably want a Fire or Water based 'mon with Rock/Electric/Grass/Fighting attacks but there doesn't seem to be a good one, so Fire is probably the easiest compromise.
Ah ok, Fire types are good to go then. Water type isn't bad either since both sides are not very effective.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Machamp is probably the best attacker against a Lapras, assuming you didn't get screwed with bullet punch for your tap attack. Magneton has the best type matchup by far, but Magneton has complete shit HPs and would be hard pressed to survive long enough to 1 for 1 a Lapras, whereas Machamp will probably bring one down with some hps to spare. Otherwise just zerg it down with fire (not charizard) or electric types. Charizard takes full damage from ice because of flying type. Lapras is weak to grass but grass is weak to ice, so grass would be a last resort.

You never want to use pokemon with attacks that don't match their type. Same type attack bonus (STAB) is ridiculously overpowered in Go. In the handheld games, type bonus is 100% and STAB is 25%. In Go type bonus and STAB are both 25%, so using a properly typed attack is basically the same as getting a free type bonus.

Normal type using water against water - 75% dmg
Normal type using water against normal - 100% dmg
Normal type using water against fire - 125% dmg

Water type using water against water - 100% dmg
Water type using water against normal - 125% dmg
Water type using water against fire - 150% dmg

*edit*

On offense anyway. On defense the math apparently gets pretty weird, like Dragonite's steel tap attack is considered better than his dragon tap attack.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have your Team Führer rate it and only check those by hand that are 81+% according to the flavor text. With the flavor text thing you never have to wonder about the exact level when you manually set it in the Silph Road because if it's 18 and you guess 17, its CP will be outside the range and if it's the other way around you'll see the result not being 81%+

Sterling

El Presidente
I still like the GoIV thing posted earlier in this thead. No idea if you can use it on iOS though. I just like that you can use it in the capture window etc and know if you need to shitcan it for a candy immediately

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I found a good walking path in our park system. I caught 3 Dratinis with my best a 93% one. Also an 88% Magikarp. That's my best so far but I still need just under 400 candies for an evolve so I'm hoping to get a better one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah turns out Gyarados is actually pretty shitty for how much time it takes to farm the candy, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.