Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
did you guys GPS spoof? If so did you do it in a retarded way?
I was using Nox to play from my home PC - started off just moving around my home city. Then I checked out the two adjacent cities, probably didn't space the jumps out enough.

Just managed to farm 33k of the 75k needed for lvl 22 in an hour, lucky egg active and just using the gps to move from stop to stop with some evolves and hatches along the way

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was using Nox to play from my home PC - started off just moving around my home city. Then I checked out the two adjacent cities, probably didn't space the jumps out enough.

Just managed to farm 33k of the 75k needed for lvl 22 in an hour, lucky egg active and just using the gps to move from stop to stop with some evolves and hatches along the way
You got a disability, Ossoi?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I don't see how the game would have the least bit of appeal sitting in a cave cheating the gps.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If Ossoi is a cripple there's no need to talk shit, dude just wants to get in on the action with the other millions of people.

But if Ossoi is too lazy to play the game, talking about how quickly you leveled is like a dude who goes to an empty baseball diamond, runs around the bases and then brags about inside-the-park home runs they got later. I know you're not bragging about it and are just relating information, but seriously the game sucks if you're sitting down.

BTW: I saw a severely crippled woman (midget + paraplegic) playing pogo with her motorized wheel chair.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pokemon Go Type Chart (attacking on left, defending on top):
oy7lrixl8r9x.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Ossoi is a cripple there's no need to talk shit, dude just wants to get in on the action with the other millions of people.

But if Ossoi is too lazy to play the game, talking about how quickly you leveled is like a dude who goes to an empty baseball diamond, runs around the bases and then brags about inside-the-park home runs they got later. I know you're not bragging about it and are just relating information, but seriously the game sucks if you're sitting down.

BTW: I saw a severely crippled woman (midget + paraplegic) playing pogo with her motorized wheel chair.
Well there's no reason to believe he's "crippled" but like you said a modern wheelchair moves pretty good anyway. You can't keep up with that shit on foot. The quick assumption is that he's just being a power gamer. Which is his choice, but fuck if this game seems dumb as shit to play that way to me.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone sees the same pokemon. So if you are cruising around at level 28 and see a blastoise, a level two will see the same one.

It is just that when you catch it,it will be cp 1500, and the level 2 will get a cp 50
So with regards to the CP you get, what's the variance on the CP cap? Meaning could that level 2 theoretically power up the Blastoise to 1500 if he had enough stuff? (Candy/Powder)

Like is it the same exact Blastoise, same CP cap, just de-powered?

EDIT: I'm just reading the links you posted. I think that helps explain it.

Pokémon Stats - Advanced | Pokemon Go

Pok?mon Level
A Pok?mon's minimum level is 1, and its maximum level is equal to your trainer level.

Every time you power up, your Pok?mon gains half a level.

You can roughly estimate a Pok?mon's level by seeing how far the white dot is along the white semicircle above the Pok?mon on their stats page where the leftmost tip is level 1 and the rightmost tip is your trainer level.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is cool. I was wondering about this. I got a Jolteon but apparently you can choose the evolution:

Remember that Vaporeon > Flareon > Jolteon when measured by CP gain per power up! Vaporeon is also one of the highest HP Pok?mon in the game.

To choose your evolution, rename your Eevee to one of the following trainer names from The Battling Eevee Brothers Pok?mon episode before evolving it!

If you want to be extra safe, close your app and re-open it after renaming but before evolving to make sure that your name change went through properly.

Note that this rumored to only work once for each evolution.

Trainer Name Evolution
Rainer Vaporeon
Sparky Jolteon
Pyro Flareon

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My kids started playing this on my phone.

I foresee a cracked Note 4 in my future

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So with regards to the CP you get, what's the variance on the CP cap? Meaning could that level 2 theoretically power up the Blastoise to 1500 if he had enough stuff? (Candy/Powder)

Like is it the same exact Blastoise, same CP cap, just de-powered?

EDIT: I'm just reading the links you posted. I think that helps explain it.

Pokémon Stats - Advanced | Pokemon Go
Yes, you could.

However it's likely that by the time you powered your CP50 Blastoise to 1500CP, you'd get a higher level squirtle/wartortle/blastoise that would make you feel really dumb for blowing all those candies/stardust on it. But the low level pokemon you get aren't gimped.

Note that the max you can train a pokemon is limited by your trainer level. So if you got an infinite supply of stardust/candy at trainer level 1 you wouldn't be able to train up tough pokemon.

more info:
Internal Mechanics of CP (xpost from r/pokemongo) : pogostrategy

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, you could.

However it's likely that by the time you powered your CP50 Blastoise to 1500CP, you'd get a higher level squirtle/wartortle/blastoise that would make you feel really dumb for blowing all those candies/stardust on it. But the low level pokemon you get aren't gimped.

Note that the max you can train a pokemon is limited by your trainer level. So if you got an infinite supply of stardust/candy at trainer level 1 you wouldn't be able to train up tough pokemon.

more info:
Internal Mechanics of CP (xpost from r/pokemongo) : pogostrategy
Nice thanks, this makes sense. I've been hoarding my Dust.

So pretty much I'm keeping 2-3 of each type, the highest CP and any interesting fighting sets. The rest I trade in for candies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not talking shit. Even if you did have mobility problems I don't see how the game would be entertaining without leaving your house. The game is pretty much shit, it has absolutely no depth at all. The only reason I started playing it is to get my fat ass out of the computer chair and exercising to help get this arthritis under control. If I had a pokemon itch and I wasn't going to leave the house, I'd fire up one of the actual pokemon games.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Downloaded the game to see what the hype was about. Walked around for about 3 miles the first night, the nearby park had some stops and a gym. Went to the main park in town last night, it had a shitload of stops and gyms. Lures were up often. Easily 100+ people playing the game at 10:30-11pm on a Saturday night in a suburban park. Goddamn. Who knew all you had to do was superimpose some critters on a map to get nerds off their ass?

Fun game even without previous Pokemon experience, and a ton of potential for AR or location based objectives to be used on other properties. Let the floodgates open.