Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

fris

Vyemm Raider
re: are some spots rare-spawns and others common? i *think* so. there's 1 spawn across the neighborhood that's been dratini, magicarp, few other rares, while most of the neighborhood is your typical rat, birds and eeves.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Speaking as something of an expert on getting the most bang for your buck out of cash shops in f2p games, incubators are probably the only thing I'll ever buy. Maybe some lures now that I found a decent pokestop cluster in the next town over. Infinite incubators would have to cost something like 50 bucks a piece or more. I mean just two incubators triples your hatching speed for at least 15km, assuming you arent dumb enough to use a store bought incubator to hatch a 2km egg.
Welp I just bought 4 incubators from the shop. It begins.

The reason is because there are 4 Region Exclusive pokemon. Farfetch'd are Asia only. Tauros NA only. Mr Mime Europe only. and Kangaskhan Nz/Au only and if you want them out of region you gotta hatch them out of eggs...

This could get expensive.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm using Pokevision a bit to keep an eye on my neighborhood and based on this thread I've learned a few things about spawn points but still have a few questions. My understanding is that there are static spawn points around the world. Every 45 minutes to an hour a Pokemon will spawn at these points. I have a spawn point right in my backyard which is neat because I can capture a few Pokemon everyday simply by keeping an eye on my phone. One thing I've noticed though is that there are two spawn points near my house which seem to spawn rare Pokemon fairly frequently (a couple of times a day). I've seen Squirtle there a couple of times but never at a convenient time or just as he was about to despawn. I caught Wartortle yesterday from one of these spots and I, literally, just got back from catching a Venomoth at this spot.

So my question is this: Are some spawn points designated as "rare" points? So will I never see a rare Pokemon in my house's spawn point but just the common Pidgey's, Ratatta's, Weedle's and the like? I did find a Gastly in my house one of my first days playing but haven't seen anything that "rare" since.
Yes. Some spawn points are rare points.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My plan is to constantly have 2 extra incubators going once I hit 20. Clear out all the old eggs asap then keep new ones hatching at a reasonably quick pace. Still mostly about the exercise, all the other stuff in the store basically circumvents the need to travel, incubators just make your travel more efficient.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I p2w the eggs pretty hard. There's a pokestop reachable at my work, so I load up on eggs every day then hatch them at night. I'm not there yet but my goal is to be able to run enough to hatch a 10km every night.

+1 for only hatching 2km with infinite incubators.

Sterling

El Presidente
I caught a Snorlax at my house, otherwise it's mostly just the usual Pidgey and Rattata with the odd Eevee or Zubat or something.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Extremely annoyed, randomly a 634 Raichu spawned outside when I was downtown. Spent 14 ultra balls, 15 razz berries and 1 great ball and he escaped. Not even a good pokemon, I just wanted him

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the corner near my house seems to be a great spot. I just caught a Butterfree there. I also had no idea that Tauros was a regional dude because I caught him at the same spot about a week ago as I was walking by it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Keep spotting an Abra in my neighborhood, 0/3 catching him, the bastard. I'm only level 10 though.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking as something of an expert on getting the most bang for your buck out of cash shops in f2p games, incubators are probably the only thing I'll ever buy. Maybe some lures now that I found a decent pokestop cluster in the next town over. Infinite incubators would have to cost something like 50 bucks a piece or more. I mean just two incubators triples your hatching speed for at least 15km, assuming you arent dumb enough to use a store bought incubator to hatch a 2km egg.
It seems we're really used to one really useful item from a "Micro"transaction being the price of a full price game...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems we're really used to one really useful item from a "Micro"transaction being the price of a full price game...
Well that's basically my point, being able to buy infinite use incubators would be completely contrary to the point of microtransactions. They'd have to be prohibitively expensive to compensate for the eventual income loss down the road due to no longer purchasing 3 use incubators. I mean 50 bucks is probably excessive, but no way would they be less than 20 bucks each.

Just saw an Electabuzz but it was pretty far away with only 3 minutes left
frown.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I mean just two incubators triples your hatching speed for at least 15km, assuming you arent dumb enough to use a store bought incubator to hatch a 2km egg.
I'm not touching a less than 10km egg on an extra incubator. Even a 5km egg is wasted (unless you're a F2P whale. Which I might be. Maybe. In some games. Some).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They could be $5 each and it would be fine. In fact that would make them far more money.
Um, no. As it is incubators are gonna be a cash cow for them. One of the few items every high level player needs that you can't replenish from a pokestop. They are the only must-buys.