Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Sterling

El Presidente
Downloaded app last night, caught a Squirtel in my house, nothing else, went to bed, caught some shit at work today, level. That's about the limit to my effort though.

Neph_sl

shitlord
He probably just caught it. When you are higher level you see more rare pokemon show up. During testing I had a Charizard pop in my living room before I had even seen a Charmeleon.

The entire premise of the game is making you go out of your way. Who cares if it's a_skeleton_03 driving around for 3 hours, Chris taking a 10 min train ride or me walking my dog 20 minutes longer than normal. That's how you play.
Seems to me that in a few weeks, everyone will have saturated on their local Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon in my immediate area are water type living near a harbor, so I was thinking it'd be nice to have an electric type to take them out. Seems like the only reliable way to do that would be to travel somewhere with that type, level up, and bring it back home to camp a gym. Probably thinking too in depth about the future meta though.

Though where would one go for a specific type of Pokemon? I was on vacation in the mountains during launch, but didn't see proportionally more ice types. But that may have been because I was low level. In my harbor city, at level 10, definitely see a good amount of Magikarp, Goldeen, Psyduck, and the random Tentacool if I'm walking along the harbor. Towards the city, more Ratata, Pidgey, Spearow, Weedle, and Caterpie.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Also, if you're just getting started and are catching a lot of Pidgey and Ratata, don't transfer the extras to the Prof right away. At level 9 and 10, you'll get an a Lucky Egg which can be used for double xp. Evolving Pidgey and Ratata only takes 12 candy, and the level boost in saving evolves for a Lucky Egg is supposed to be significant.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I think the only distinction is ground or water areas tbh.
That kinda sucks, but is also kinda nice in that you don't have to go too out of your way to get a variety of Pokemon if they just naturally get more diverse as you level.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This Pokemon game is first step towards the matrix, people are literally walking around catching invisible digital shit. This shit is worth so much entertainment, on par with the Eve thread during wars. But with more funnies. Someone I know complained they had blisters on their feet from walking so much today lol.

Cybsled

Actually, there is a big push for augmented reality from various companies. It wouldn't surprise me to see more of this, but more advanced.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Shit like this is why I'm 10x more excited about augmented reality than virtual reality. This game is a bit light, but the potential is amazing. And yea, I spent nearly my entire day off walking around catching pokemon.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Bought a shitty $20 android phone at Target with 5.x on it, popped the sim out, paired it to my phones hot spot and now the kids can play it on our weekend river hikes. Had to root it to get around the system wanting activating but overall pretty painless and the kids won't ruin my phone playing it now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres an empty office building next to my office and it rustles my jimmies that I cant get in there and rustle up some rustled leaves!
tongue.png

Kasted_sl

shitlord
I'm in Seattle next to a tourist location and I'm amazed with the number of people I see playing this. Tonight when I went for a short walk for a smoke I ran across a group of 4 people in their 30's going around capturing Pokemon.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Patrons at a little outdoor cafe cheered my niece as we were going for a walk this afternoon as she shouted "I caught a Pidgey!"

This game is taking over the world.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuckin' saw a Scyther within 2 footprints on the way home from the store, but couldn't pinpoint it. Scyther's my favorite.
frown.png
Sad times.

And yeah, this game is something else. BF literally walked in the door from work and told me to get my pants on because we're going for a Pokemon drive.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had to drive my daughter to a fucking canal to find water pokemon in the middle of the desert and there are families out there doing the same shit. My daughters school has a gym in it apparently. I fully expect grades to go to shit next year.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Nintendo is going to kick themselves for not doing this kind of thing a literal decade ago.

Edit: Not the AR stuff, but putting their IP on, you know, real devices.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decade ago there weren't smart phones in 2/3 the population's pockets nor nearly the same infrastructure in place for this to be a thing. They could have definitely done an online pokemon game on pc that would have sold absolutely fuckloads, but this current shenanigan is entirely modern times dependent.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sounds like you're at a loss in this if you live in smaller population centers/more rural areas? If it does indeed calculate things off mobile phone density.

Anyone in Minneapolis try this at Mall of America during a weekend/big sale? Big movie theater during a popular release? Theme park i.e. Disneyland/World?