Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I just had my wife drive me around A FUCKING CEMETERY trying to find my first gym. Turns out, there were two mausoleums that were controlled gyms but they were yellow gyms (like my guy) with no open spots. This is in Oklahoma City... As we're driving out of the cemetery (as 33 year old semi successful professionals), a black Escalade pulls up to the mausoleum... Guy in a suit and tie gets out, I think to pray or some shit, and he whips his phone out and starts attacking the gym...

This "game" is straight up fucking weird, and I can see some highlarious things coming from this soon. It seems like a great time killer in big cities etc, but having to drive to gyms to battle in medium to small cities (and towns) will get old quickly. Seems like a great base though for expansion (i.e. single player/remote training, poke battles on the toilet etc). The idea though is quite novel, will just be interested to see how long it lasts.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
You poor bastards. I went to the lake/park/coffee shop two blocks from my house. Three gyms and 30 some odd blue whatsits just walking the 7/8ths of a mile around the lake drinking coffee. WITH A HUNDRED OTHER PEOPLE SHIT WAS HILARIOUSLY AWESOME.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah this is just Ingress that more people will get. You didn't notice those people because it wasn't a brand like Pokemon. I have trolled many a cemetery at 5 AM on the way to work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tucbro you can only battle at gyms. If it is a friendly gym you can still battle but it is called training and it levels up the gym for your team, allowing more Pokemon to defend it.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Tell me there's something I'm missing here. I really just wanted to run around my neighborhood and curb stomp random shitty Pokemon.
The game had best be incomplete in its current form. I'm having fun, but only because I boot it up when and only when I am walking somewhere.

Chopxsticks_sl

shitlord
My wife doesnt see the humor in this game, I personally find it hilarious!! I made her walk a block over to our park and we ran into 2 other groups of younger kids and we all just look at each other like ya, we are nerds! Also not sure if fan joke is serious?

Server issues are driving me crazy, I live in a small town so I have to drive to any Gym, nothing is within a few miles of my house... Im down town eating and hitting 3 Pokestops at once during dinner. Find a Gym with only 1 person and fucking WIN, only to have the server dump on me and I have to hard close the app, re-open and its like nothing happened..

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
This fucking game has completely taken over my facebook feed, jesus.. I was a little older then the target market for the original pokemons, or so I thought, therefore I never got involved in the series. But, almost everyone I know is going absolutely crazy over this damn game.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Got my GF hooked, she is a pokemon virgin. We went to a Lowes and she catches a fucking 208 Scyther, I got a 88. FML

She wanted to go walking up the street in the dark because there are leave poofs, eventhough I had to chase off a cackling racoon literally half an hour ago.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tucbro you can only battle at gyms. If it is a friendly gym you can still battle but it is called training and it levels up the gym for your team, allowing more Pokemon to defend it.
Hmmm. I understamd whyd theyd require social aspects but i guess i dont care. I want to curbstomp random pokemon amd battle trainers in the streets.

The whole game feels, i dunno, feature light.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guy at work was like let's carpool to handle this trouble ticket. I'm like cool... he plays the entire way there. I'm like you fucker, that's why you wanted to carpool! lol

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmmm. I understamd whyd theyd require social aspects but i guess i dont care. I want to curbstomp random pokemon amd battle trainers in the streets.

The whole game feels, i dunno, feature light.
I bet we will never see this. It's one thing for kids to battle their friends but can you imagine keeping-it-real grown adults battling. Shit will go down my friend.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
I bet we will never see this. It's one thing for kids to battle their friends but can you imagine keeping-it-real grown adults battling. Shit will go down my friend.
Harsh words were indeed said during the three way gym battle at the park between 3:30 and 4am this morning.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Passed by a Gyrados guarding a gym last night. Need 400 Magikarp candy to evolve one. Can't believe someone's already caught 100 Magikarp.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Huge wreck in Mass over Pokemon apparently. Could have been a joke article though. Would link but on my phone.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This fucking game has completely taken over my facebook feed, jesus.. I was a little older then the target market for the original pokemons, or so I thought, therefore I never got involved in the series. But, almost everyone I know is going absolutely crazy over this damn game.
Yeah, I'm baffled, especially at how quickly it took off. My mom posted a picture of her standing in the rain in the middle of the night trying to catch a Pokemon. And then her 50+ year old friends started commenting about the weird shit they've been doing.

I loaded it up and I have no clue what the fucking appeal is, personally. And I actually enjoyed playing one of the Pokemon games (can't remember which it was though, but I played in on an emulator a long ass time ago).