Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Neph_sl

shitlord
Tried it in an airport and the Pokemon rates were nonexistent, but there were a lot of Pokestops and a few gyms in the airport. Someone put a module on a stop though, so I did catch a few, but walking around got me zero Pokemon for some reason.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in the same boat as some here: Pokemon came after me, so I'm just not getting it to the degree as those that loved it as a child. In college, when I was a Jr/Senior the freshmen were all into the "p-mans" as they called it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Walking through a park or down a major road gets you very little. Bigger the park the less you get, id assume that countryside is close to zero. Low density residential is a bit better.

However a supermarket or fast food drive through almost guarentees you something. Groups of restaurants too. Just got four pokemon show up at once at a pokestop in a park just outside 2 mini supermarkets and a pub.

Just about to walk through 2 universities (students are away for summer tho) and into the city to a big mall so ill update how it goes.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Feels bad bros.
RHSVsM4.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No idea on the game, pretty sure there are no pokemon around me.

But I saw something funny, Pokemon Go has done more to combat childood obesity than Michelle Obama in 8 years.

Feien

Ploppers
Uber or Lyft need to get their shit together and offer Pokemon Go rides. Money would be rolling in.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tried this at my weekend job out in BFE and there was nothing out there. The algorithm for finding the little bastards is highly dependent on general mobile traffic to some degree it seems like. But can find shit in my neighborhood easy enough.

So the grind is pretty insane, you need to find 8 of the same creature to get enough candies to evolve them or something? Some of them are exceedingly rare. Ghost pokemon appear at night as far as I can tell. I caught a few Ghastlys near my house. But didn't see them during the day. Went to a park near the university during the day. Seriously 50+ people there searching for pokemon.

This thing will be PRINTING money.

Also, new meta: Place lures in strip clubs.

Cybsled

Tried this at my weekend job out in BFE and there was nothing out there. The algorithm for finding the little bastards is highly dependent on general mobile traffic to some degree it seems like. But can find shit in my neighborhood easy enough.

So the grind is pretty insane, you need to find 8 of the same creature to get enough candies to evolve them or something? Some of them are exceedingly rare. Ghost pokemon appear at night as far as I can tell. I caught a few Ghastlys near my house. But didn't see them during the day. Went to a park near the university during the day. Seriously 50+ people there searching for pokemon.

This thing will be PRINTING money.

Also, new meta: Place lures in strip clubs.
I actually came across an article on Forbes that discussed ways businesses can leverage the current popularity of the game to drive foot traffic. One of the suggestions was to use lures at slow times of day and try to encourage people to check out your business while they are there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I live in a small town with not much traffic. I went to get pizza last night and I almost hit a group of 3 people crossing the street in the dark looking at their phones. I looked to the right at our library and there was a crowd in the parking lot all on their phone. On the way home I counted at least 20 people walking around playing the game. It was just surprising because my town is so small.

Neph_sl

shitlord
$1 for 30 minutes of advertising to 8-35 yr olds, or 6 hrs for $10 (1200 coins for $10, 100 coins per lure). Doesn't actually sound terrible if your business is near a Pokestop. But I wouldn't use a lure on a slow weekday afternoon to try to bring people in.

Also, I (personally) haven't yet gone into a business that happened to be by a Pokestop. Might be different if you've got signs outside your shop specifically targeting Pokemon Go players, but I haven't seen that outside of internet pics.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Decided to see what the fuss is about. Live across the street from a park/school with 4 stops and a gym. The stops seems to respawn really fast - maybe 2 minutes? You could literally just walk between the 4 stops all day long haha

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pokemon is institutionalized slavery. How dare you think that just because Prof. Willow gave you a few Pokeballs that you've gained the right to steal these majestic creatures from their natural habitats.

#PokemonLivesMatter

#ReleaseYourBalls

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok further to my previous post:

For walking around, big shopping malls suck (no signal inside) and shopping streets are a little better than suburban areas since I don't think people use phones while clothes shopping. University campus was great but bars, restaurants and cafes are the best especially if close to each other.

Water pokemon are best caught in cities with a network of small canals. Big lakes and rivers means no people using phones on the water, but river/seafront with lots of bars/beach etc may work.

Best exp all day was a busy city centre park with 3 pokestops in range of each other with people putting up those lure modules. Lots of people, especially east asians, playing there. Was non stop catching and got like 100+ in 40 mins.

If you want to evolve rare pokemon, egg hatching can give 50+ candies.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Wish they'd up the range on hitting Pokestops. By the time I try to spin them while being driven I'm already out of range of the damn thing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wish they'd up the range on hitting Pokestops. By the time I try to spin them while being driven I'm already out of range of the damn thing.
Load the pokestop from further away and be ready to spin soon as the too far away message disappears.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
The amount of people I see wandering around my apartment complex is amazing. Looks like a bunch of pokemon zombies.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The amount of people I see wandering around my apartment complex is amazing. Looks like a bunch of pokemon zombies.
I went to the lake close to me yesterday and literally 90% of the people there had their phone out farming the pokestops and there's a gym there too. I live in a small town too and this stuff never catches on like this. I might go to the state park close to me and see what's there.