Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Niantic took a long long time to add in pay things to Ingress. Like forever. They are pretty good about not making it a cash grab. They did that while holding huge events that were free to the players to come to. Live actors and a big story.

This will be slightly different because they are working with Nintendo but I don't envision it being a huge issue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm not worried about it being a cash grab. I'm more worried about them just keeping the current, fairly light-weight and pokestop-camping focused game design.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah I'm not worried about it being a cash grab. I'm more worried about them just keeping the current, fairly light-weight and pokestop-camping focused game design.
It's like EQ but with sunlight! A bench in ranger of 4 lured pokestops is like a C2 camp in PoFire

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Niantic took a long long time to add in pay things to Ingress. Like forever. They are pretty good about not making it a cash grab. They did that while holding huge events that were free to the players to come to. Live actors and a big story.

This will be slightly different because they are working with Nintendo but I don't envision it being a huge issue.
i wonder at what point they started planning on using their data from Ingress for other games? from the very beginning maybe?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
meh, I imagine it won't be more than a few days before the apps are hosted on webpages anyway

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Couldn't get a phone today, so Pokemon Go is delayed and not out in Japan today. We'll see if I can get a phone tomorrow.

Fadaar

That guy
So there any Pokemon you avoid going after? I avoid Zubats like the plague, end up wasting way more Pokeballs than it's worth to catch the little faggots

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So correct me if I'm wrong, but these maps prove that your level has absolutely nothing to do with the rarity of pokemon you find right? Only their CP?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So correct me if I'm wrong, but these maps prove that your level has absolutely nothing to do with the rarity of pokemon you find right? Only their CP?
Correct. This was assumed as soon as we knew that multiple people can catch the same pokemon. It's unknown whether level interacts with incense, however.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
spawn points? 30 to 60 minute respawn times?

We're playing fucking everquest here.
You're 'supposed' to either wander around hunting them, or run a 60 minute or higher circuit.

However, the spawn time decreases to closer to 5 minutes if you lure a stop. Find 4 stops you can hit and you'll probably find other people who collectively lure it. Right now that's the best way to level in this game and it's a big problem, IMO, since it's super boring.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hadn't thought about how similar it was to EQ until now.
Funny you should say that.

A "friend" is making EQgo.

GPS Mapping w/ Unity3d:
Asset Store

Custom Maps:
Mapbox

Real life places data:
Search - Mapzen Search

(chart: GPS,Unity,Mobile)
XkRcLHW.jpg

(unity editor: froglok wandering the streets)
RbuAfc6.png

(unity editor: map data to unity gameobjects)
LHx950P.png

(mapbox studio: rough customization)
iM8bmFr.png

Neph_sl

shitlord
You're 'supposed' to either wander around hunting them, or run a 60 minute or higher circuit.

However, the spawn time decreases to closer to 5 minutes if you lure a stop. Find 4 stops you can hit and you'll probably find other people who collectively lure it. Right now that's the best way to level in this game and it's a big problem, IMO, since it's super boring.
Lure camping is definitely super boring and while efficient just isn't fun.

Similarly, taking down an established gym will net you some decent xp, but really isn't fun either.

After playing for almost two weeks now, my favorite part is the core gameplay of going to new places and seeing what Pokemon are there. I saturated on my neighborhood Pokemon fairly quickly.