Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
All this talk of eggs, has anyone figured out the best way to actually make the app track your movement yet? Especially if you're biking it around. The weather is almost tolerable a little bit here some of these days and finally have my bike back so there's potential to put a little more energy into this nonsense.
I took a the Yamanote Line train (which runs in a circle around Tokyo) and after about 20 minutes, it had counted 2.5km of travel. If you have anything local that's similar, should work. You can hit pokestops on the way too.

Alternatively, I've heard putting your phone on a model train going around a track, on a vinyl spinning around, or attached to a ceiling fan works to varying degrees as well.

Edit: Roomba works too!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How fast are you freaks pedaling? I get about the same travel credit when I'm riding as I do walking. If you're only getting 2km for 9 miles of travel, you're either going over 20 mph or you're getting assfucked by server lag.

*edit*

I might try the ceiling fan for science. I'd be surprised if it works on a record player, that's such an incredibly short circle that I doubt it could tell you were moving at all.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I probably average 14 - 16 mph on the grocery getter. I am not talking road / tri bike speeds. Could be lag related, but my pokestops seem to load without issue etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea mine worked about 5 minutes ago, seems fine.

If only rapidash were worth half a shit, first 100% perfect I've gotten

eR8X5Jl.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
heh, now that I've done the math there's no way I could keep two extra incubators going a day if I was consistently doing 15k daily, 10k daily might be manageable.

*edit*

Well this is no longer a concern now that my chain has started repeatedly skipping when I pedal. Hope it's something easy to fix, because the bike isn't worth an expensive fix but I can't afford a new one.

Neph_sl

shitlord
So I can't play PoGo because reasons, but I turn on twitch to see summit1g streaming PoGo to 27k people? (Twitch) I mean, I heard PoGo streaming was a thing (like actually walking and streaming), but I've never watched before, this is crazy.

I mean, I think he's using a phone on a selfie stick to get his face and he's got a phone strapped to his wrist to play the actual game. Also, he's got like 9400 Pokecoins and room for 600 Pokemon. Also, people are telling him where to go on stream probably through Pokevision. I'm just completely floored.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
heh, now that I've done the math there's no way I could keep two extra incubators going a day if I was consistently doing 15k daily, 10k daily might be manageable.

*edit*

Well this is no longer a concern now that my chain has started repeatedly skipping when I pedal. Hope it's something easy to fix, because the bike isn't worth an expensive fix but I can't afford a new one.
Likely just need a new chain. If you have a link breaker remove it and inspect the front/back back sprocket and see if they are missing any teeth, can tell this without removing it but it's more annoying.

If sprockets are intact then easypeasy, new chain is like 15$. If sprocket(s) are fucked moderately more annoying/expensive. Back sprocket means new wheel, front you can buy sprockets for but they run more in the 40-60$ range.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So I can't play PoGo because reasons, but I turn on twitch to see summit1g streaming PoGo to 27k people? (Twitch) I mean, I heard PoGo streaming was a thing (like actually walking and streaming), but I've never watched before, this is crazy.

I mean, I think he's using a phone on a selfie stick to get his face and he's got a phone strapped to his wrist to play the actual game. Also, he's got like 9400 Pokecoins and room for 600 Pokemon. Also, people are telling him where to go on stream probably through Pokevision. I'm just completely floored.
He also got the semi-swatted in twitch the other day, was driving by at the time wondering what was up with all the cops around the park

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Likely just need a new chain. If you have a link breaker remove it and inspect the front/back back sprocket and see if they are missing any teeth, can tell this without removing it but it's more annoying.

If sprockets are intact then easypeasy, new chain is like 15$. If sprocket(s) are fucked moderately more annoying/expensive. Back sprocket means new wheel, front you can buy sprockets for but they run more in the 40-60$ range.
Yeah it was a birthday present some years back so I don't know how much it cost, but I'm guessing in the 100-150 range at most so no way am I shelling out for anything more expensive. I took a quick look at the sprockets and didn't see any missing teeth, but I didn't feel like dealing with it right then. Probably go out and take a closer look after dinner.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it's not super helpful, especially since it's really rare, but I've seen 3 Snorlax in the area around Newport Beach, CA in the last few days. Can't be a coincidence.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Where are all my Redwood City, CA bros at? Our campuses have some really nice Pokemon in general and I try to take walks, but I don't ever see anything new. I need all the hot spots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Incidentally, I already managed to blow through the ~170 regular balls I had after doing pokestops last night. FML

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I meant like, are people leaving their screens on, turning them off, putting the phone in their pocket, holding it, strapping it to their bike, etc. to get these eggs going. I've tried a bunch of shit walking 2 or so miles a night with my dog and I'm lucky to get 0.5km

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I meant like, are people leaving their screens on, turning them off, putting the phone in their pocket, holding it, strapping it to their bike, etc. to get these eggs going. I've tried a bunch of shit walking 2 or so miles a night with my dog and I'm lucky to get 0.5km
Turn on battery saver mode. Keep app open, when phone is facing downward the screen goes black. Put in your pocket and leave phone unlocked.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If you put your phone in sleep mode, or minimize pokemon go, it won't count any distance traveled, no. I will put it in battery saver mode, put it in my pocket, but then check it every few minutes. Normally, it's cause it's buzzing from finding pokemon anyways.
The most distance I get is when I drive through the pokestop loop in town. I'm in a smaller town, but it's a tourist town so we have more then we should based on population, but it's hard to get alot of pokestops if you actually walked the whole thing. They'd be too spread out.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I get half my egg mileage just driving laps around Walmart. Car means never running out of juice. Also means I get stared down by the rent-a-cop security on the regular. #justpokemonthings