Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just used a lucky egg for the first time. Seriously OP, needs to be nerfed imo.
wink.png

rrr_img_137156.jpg
rrr_img_137157.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh. xp in general is just fucked. The fact that I get 100 xp whether I catch a bellsprout or a victreebell is fucking retarded.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All this talk of eggs, has anyone figured out the best way to actually make the app track your movement yet? Especially if you're biking it around. The weather is almost tolerable a little bit here some of these days and finally have my bike back so there's potential to put a little more energy into this nonsense.
Restart app at corners.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Likely just need a new chain. If you have a link breaker remove it and inspect the front/back back sprocket and see if they are missing any teeth, can tell this without removing it but it's more annoying.

If sprockets are intact then easypeasy, new chain is like 15$. If sprocket(s) are fucked moderately more annoying/expensive. Back sprocket means new wheel, front you can buy sprockets for but they run more in the 40-60$ range.
Upon closer inspection in better light this morning, I found the broken tooth. It hasn't actually torn off but there's a noticeable split so I assume it has enough give for the chain to slip on that tooth. So I'll need a new back wheel, but on the bright side it works fine if I stay out of the lowest gear.

So now I need to resume searching for my seat cover, because that seat is murder. Also gonna bring the bike inside and work on the brakes, pretty sure they've never been adjusted right the entire time I've owned the bike.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The seat that came with my bike is a torture device. Is there something I'm missing about bike riding? Do I need a special pair of shorts? Do I need to kill all the pain receptors in my ass before I be comfortable on it? I bought a new seat and it works much better.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The seat that came with my bike is a torture device. Is there something I'm missing about bike riding? Do I need a special pair of shorts? Do I need to kill all the pain receptors in my ass before I be comfortable on it? I bought a new seat and it works much better.
I think manufacturers just use whatever cheap ass destroying seats they happen to have lying around in the factory. I bought a padded seat cover and the difference was like night and day. Just have to find where I packed the goddamn thing when I moved, or stick a pillow down the back of my shorts.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Replacing the seat is basically the very first thing you have to do with any bike. I've yet to encounter a factory seat worth half a shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Upon closer inspection in better light this morning, I found the broken tooth. It hasn't actually torn off but there's a noticeable split so I assume it has enough give for the chain to slip on that tooth. So I'll need a new back wheel, but on the bright side it works fine if I stay out of the lowest gear.

So now I need to resume searching for my seat cover, because that seat is murder. Also gonna bring the bike inside and work on the brakes, pretty sure they've never been adjusted right the entire time I've owned the bike.
A new back wheel shouldn't be a huge deal. Can usually get one for ~50$ that is of decent quality. Also gives you the option to ditch the 10-speed or whatever if you want and drop some weight from the bike, but that depends entirely on how flat your area is really.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Replacing the seat is basically the very first thing you have to do with any bike. I've yet to encounter a factory seat worth half a shit.
Factory seat on my Blackborow and Casseroll were both fine... but that's a discussions for the bike thread.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So for science I tried the iphone on the ceiling fan. Had to turn them off before I could see if it tracked any of the distance because even on the lowest speed with the phone at the very base of the blade it made the fans wobble like crazy. Maybe if you had a super sturdy ceiling fan, or have weights to counterbalance the fan blades. 2 iphones opposite one another might work on a 4 blade fan, I'm not an engineer so I couldn't say. I think we actually have a record player in the garage so I think I'll try that, although I'm pretty sure the circle is too small to track the movement.

niss_sl

shitlord
How do I know which attacks/abilities are worth a shit? Is the idea only to keep and power up those with good abilities?

Every user should be tied to closest gym. As of now, I don't even know what happens in one because I'm not goign to walk a mile to test it.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I meant like, are people leaving their screens on, turning them off, putting the phone in their pocket, holding it, strapping it to their bike, etc. to get these eggs going. I've tried a bunch of shit walking 2 or so miles a night with my dog and I'm lucky to get 0.5km
I use a RAM mount on my bike for my phone. Use it as navigation and some such anyway. Pokemon was just up all the time. Need to bring a battery with me if I am out too long, but since I am rehabing one of my knees I can't really go more than 1 - 2 hours anyway.

rrr_img_137161.jpg