Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The calculators become less accurate the lower level a pokemon is, and at lvl 1-2 become completely incalculable. All lvl 1 pokemon have something like 400k possible IV combinations, it can't be narrowed down until they're higher level because it's calculated off their CP and HP.
Aye I know, but this labra was > to level 2. Never had this issue before with any other types

This game really is shit when you don't live in a big city.

First pokemon according to pokevision is 3 blocks away, and I can confirm nothing fucking spawns near my house or in the neighborhood.

Pokestops are kinda rare around here too, even downtown.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ugh. Kadabra spawns way on the south side of town while I'm outside nabbing a Pikachu, and by the time I get back inside only 7 mins left. Maaaaybe could have gotten there in time on foot if I'd been at the computer when he spawned.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
oMsnGwu.jpg

Pretty happy with this guy I just caught. Now I just need to farm dratinis

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Right on, just caught this Dratini with the same results.

43DMQ2T.jpg

Edit: For anyone in the Houston area or thereabouts willing to make the journey, the Texas City Dike is God's gift to drive-catching worthwhile pokemon en masse -- density out there is fucking ridiculous and the spawn types make no sense. Was finding lots every type of water mon under the sun obviously, then of course fire pokemon, charmanders spawning in the water off the sides (still in radius), growlithes, geodudes, jinx, ponytas, kabutos etc. etc. Just a ~5m (?) stretch of narrow road small enough to be in radius of anything that spawns on or near, with room on either side to pull over on. Three pokestops on the dike itself, and another 3 just inland. Bring at least 300 balls with you.

Basically everyone was out there doing the same thing, and driving super slow to maximize egg distances as you could travel at said speeds and cross the dike in the time a pokemon lasts in the environment.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Giradet bridge in Düsseldorf now restricted for cars due to Pokemon Go players. Portapotties have been brought in as well to provide relief for the hundreds of players flocking to the hottest set of pokestops in Düsseldorf.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm still not certain how to use that. Do I focus on the highest DPS spells or is there more to it than that?
It is mainly DPS. Since moves are restricted to a certain set of Pokemon you just want the highest DPS abilities available to that particular type. If they ever change the weakness / strength system based on attack / pokemon types it may be more worth while to have certain abilities based on the meta in your neighborhood.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
nerfing the type bonus completely destroyed the balance. They shouldn't have nerfed the type bonus/penalty farther than 50%, 100% for double type. The scyther example I gave earlier is a fantastic example of how stupid the system is.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
All right pokebros I need your opinion here. Like I said earlier I live in the suburban area next to a city that honestly has shit for pokemon activity. I hang out at the spots where there's a ton of stops and lures but you have to get pretty far from where I live. Downtown has not much of an activity as far as I've seen.

I met this dude the other day, about mid 30's, 2 kids, full time job (we talked quite a bit) and he was level 26 (i'll buy that, ok, but you have to spent quite a bit of time to get there). He had a HUGE collection of pokemons, all powered up with 100k dust to spare. Ok sure.

This morning I do my usual round to hit the pokestops in the area and I see 4 of the gyms have been flipped yellow, and this dude left FOUR snorlax in those all with CPs over 1900.
Now, I ain't one to point fingers and shit, but I don't think you can get that kinda firepower and levels without spoofing, especially not in this area.

Ya'll think he could be legit?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not impossible if he's mostly dumping off the kids on his wife and spending all his free time playing while also buying tons of incubators/lures. He's definitely got a divorce in his future if he got all that legitimately.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm lower level so I have no idea what kinda shit you can catch / hatch at level 26, so I'm not making assumptions here. The dude was a super nice guy and he was out and about catching shit in the wild so he didn't strike me as someone who'd do that shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The stuff you catch in the wild doesn't change no matter what level you are, higher level players can just get higher CP pokemon. For him to have that many snorlaxes and not be cheating, he'd have to be one of the luckiest people ever, or he's buying tons of incubators and grinding through eggs at a completely ridiculous pace.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The stuff you catch in the wild doesn't change no matter what level you are, higher level players can just get higher CP pokemon. For him to have that many snorlaxes and not be cheating, he'd have to be one of the luckiest people ever, or he's buying tons of incubators and grinding through eggs at a completely ridiculous pace.
Ya that dude is grinding eggs like it's running out of style, that I know.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Disappointment city tonight. My only 10k ever hatched into an eevee which I have a million of and then had a ??? to a lvl 21 Blastoise run away from me while we were at RIT. BF got his at least.
Evee hwtch is good becwuse it is probably high iv.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Yeah I'm lower level so I have no idea what kinda shit you can catch / hatch at level 26, so I'm not making assumptions here. The dude was a super nice guy and he was out and about catching shit in the wild so he didn't strike me as someone who'd do that shit.
He's probably legit. It's not unheard of to have multiple Snorlaxes. Maybe your section of suburbia sucks, and he could live in the city or just lives by an area where they spawn semi-frequently. Or maybe he spends money on incubators and got lucky hatching them as he carts his kids around, checking Pokevision for hot spots. I've seen people on Facebook who play the game all day, and have obscene Pokemon: multiple Dragonites, Snorlaxes, Gyarados. Given he's level 26, friendly, and walking around catching Pokemon in the wild, I would assume he's just dedicated.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's my take on it too. He lives 2 blocks from me so I know the area sucks, but he hatches like a chicken factory, so that's most likely the source of most of his stuff.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly Body slam should do extra damage. if an Extra Large Snorlax weighing almost 1300 pounds body slammed something, I'm sure it would become a fine paste.
Well, when I'm taking gyms with other people I call out the body slam anime style and people go, "WTF just took all its HP?!".