Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol, so cheating with Nox isn't enough, gotta automate your cheating too. That's a whole new level of what the fuck is the point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I have enough Magikarps to evolve into Gyrawhatever, should I pull the trigger or wait to find a huge one? Largest one is around 120 CP and I'm lvl 18. Hold out to get a bigger? His CP meter is at about 90%
Get a high iv one and hope for a good moveset.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I live on a nice little bike path with a bayou and I can usually snag around 10-20 each in 30 mins.
Yeah, savor that shit. Don't know about the rest of you but if I'm out and about catching for the purposes of grinding out XP / stardust, magikarp nests are a gold mine. They don't seem to give much fuss when compared to virtually everything else as far as staying in balls are concerned.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
BJFcb5n.jpg

Of course it's a total crap shoot as to whether or not he'll have the right moves after being evolved, but god damn those are some fine stats. 1/6 chance of perfect moves, but even at his worst he's still great at beating down Vaporeon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Half the posts for the last week have been about IVs. Posts meme saying nobody cares. Gets negged by me for either arrant stupidity or a profound failure to be funny.

Anyway this will be my first time evolving a pokemon for long term use as opposed to trash pokemon for lucky egg leveling. I just evolve the exeggcute and see what moves he gets right? Same with my eevee ---> vaporeon?

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Half the posts for the last week have been about IVs. Posts meme saying nobody cares. Gets negged by me for either arrant stupidity or a profound failure to be funny.

Anyway this will be my first time evolving a pokemon for long term use as opposed to trash pokemon for lucky egg leveling. I just evolve the exeggcute and see what moves he gets right? Same with my eevee ---> vaporeon?
Relax. Here's my first 100%/100%/100%I think I got my first 100%/100%/100% : pokemongo

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know you're half kidding here, but three points:
1. The higher level you get, the harder it is to level up the steep, exponential curve. This means that soon, each ~40cp increase to your top 'mon come at a cost of dozens of hours of leveling. So a level 30 trainer who has a 50%IV exeggutor will be equally matched to yours when you're level ~26, even though that level 30 might have spent twice as much time leveling as you!

2. Pokemon games are all about finding rare pokemon, and the "serious" pokemon scene has been about min/maxing for decades.

3. This is a min/maxing forum.

Does it really matter now? Not really. The PvP scene is totally under-developed. Maybe they'll add trainer battles before we all quit, and those battles will be with a non-terrible system. Or maybe they won't. Still, nobody wants to be stuck having spend 40k stardust leveling up a gimped mon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's also the only way to have more powerful pokemon. It's like in Marvel Heroes, where a piece of gear with 99% rolls sells for exponentially more than a piece of gear with 95% rolls, despite the insignificant difference in actual gain to your hero. In Pokemon Go, farming for high IVs is the only thing you can do that affects the strength of your pokemon.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There used to be a Dratini spawn spot in the street next to home, at 3mn walk. One Dratini every 30mn.

It stopped yesterday. Since then, no spawn at all there
frown.png
Aaand, of course, a guy at the park told me during lunch break: "Want dratinis? Go to La Vilette, get about 10-15 per hour". Plus Magikarps by the bushel and a few Evees...

(there's also apparently a sweet Magmar spot on the way to work, need to check)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't realize that was actually your exeggutor. In that case, fuck you for having an exeggutor with perfect IVs and perfect moves!!! Just evolved mine, zen headbutt/seed bomb. So the better fast attack but the worst charge. At least it wasn't confusion/seed bomb though, and it should still wreck vaporeons. Got hydro pump on my vaporeon which is good enough.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do IVs stay once a pokemon evolves? I know size modifier doesn't (watching an XL morph into an XS was sort of funny).

Also, does anyone else think Drowsy is the creepiest pokemon? The finger waggles are just sketchy. Try it yourself and see how candy-van it makes you look.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Do IVs stay once a pokemon evolves? I know size modifier doesn't (watching an XL morph into an XS was sort of funny).

Also, does anyone else think Drowsy is the creepiest pokemon? The finger waggles are just sketchy. Try it yourself and see how candy-van it makes you look.
Aww cmon, is this creepy?

11b2af6d8e75dc0e1a7bf57e9e53b5c290b8966c4dfa46af628e656f6ed2331d_1.jpg

drowzee.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
IVs stay with a pokemon. From what I know there is zero correlation between current moveset and evolved moveset, but it's rumored there is some correlation.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
wait, am I reading something wrong?

as in the pokedex # (e.g. squirtle is a low number so he will almost always have a low attack IV), or the amount you've discovered has a likely increasing number on the attack IV?