Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ooooh it must be an Alolan one, not a shiny, derp
Yeah, alolan. There are only 4 options from the eggs right now so it's pretty easy to get.

Edit - add my wife while you guys are at it, more eggs from the West coast for ya - 8277 0456 6837

Supposed egg rates:

Meowth: 56.5%
Shrew: 24.5%
Grimer: 15.2%
Vulpix: 3.8%

(Sample size 1,634)

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Now have eggs from Hong Kong, Australia and Michigan, thanks guys! Hopefully you got some eggs from me too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stops people from selling perfects. However it's a great opportunity to boost high level, shit IV Pokemon. I traded two shit Feebas with my wife and we both ended up with significantly better IV.
Wow so they stopped potential abuse of trading high IV pokemon by giving us a tedious way to reroll IVs...

They need better ways to earn stardust and boost IVs with more ways to use pokemon.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wow so they stopped potential abuse of trading high IV pokemon by giving us a tedious way to reroll IVs...

They need better ways to earn stardust and boost IVs with more ways to use pokemon.
I wish they would make it possible to level up more of the "lesser" species of Pokemon. In the original games, if I wanted to grind levels on a Butterfree and use it to take out the Elite Four, I could. Sure, it took a lot more grinding, but it was possible.

I want to rape gyms with a Butterfree and have everyone go "whoa I can't believe that guy grinded Butterfree candy for so long!". Sure, make it harder (of course a Tyranitar is going to be stronger for less work) but at least make it possible!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I want to rape gyms with a Butterfree and have everyone go "whoa I can't believe that guy grinded Butterfree candy for so long!". Sure, make it harder (of course a Tyranitar is going to be stronger for less work) but at least make it possible!
If they fixed dodges this would pretty much become possible.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys know how this thing tracks travel? I walked around 10km today around town with the game up/screen on and it only registered 3km movement.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Something like it updates your position every 2 minutes to calculate distance, so if you're constantly walking over the top of your previous path, you won't get extra distance. Pacing back and forth between 2 pokestops for example will give you very little distance traveled. The game also updates your client every 4 minutes with how much distance you've added to your egg. A recent change during CD saw that 4 minutes become 8 minutes before it registered in game. So, not sure if it's still 8 minutes, or that was just to remove some server load during CD.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something like it updates your position every 2 minutes to calculate distance, so if you're constantly walking over the top of your previous path, you won't get extra distance. Pacing back and forth between 2 pokestops for example will give you very little distance traveled. The game also updates your client every 4 minutes with how much distance you've added to your egg. A recent change during CD saw that 4 minutes become 8 minutes before it registered in game. So, not sure if it's still 8 minutes, or that was just to remove some server load during CD.

Nah I didn't double track on anything, GPS signal isn't 100% accurate due to the 30+ story buildings everywhere maybe that's part of the problem.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Walking in a straight line helps too. If you're taking a lot of turns, the slow update rate is going to end up chewing up your distance a bit via the good old Pythagorean theorem.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Magmar considered a good catch? I've got a nest that popped up about 1/4km from my apt and was wondering if that was worth dropping lures on.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Magmar considered a good catch? I've got a nest that popped up about 1/4km from my apt and was wondering if that was worth dropping lures on.
No, unless you want to save candy for Magmortar.

Almost every pokemon is a bad catch in this game.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
His evolution is going to have a really high max CP so it could be useful to browse the nest for a decent one.

Almost every pokemon is a bad catch in this game.

Almost every Pokemon in this game is viable in some way. I just saw a Mewtwo raid done with nothing but Raticates ffs.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
9287 7896 9618 here. Add me if you want south Jersey garbage.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
12,792 km trading a mon I got from DirkDonkeyroot DirkDonkeyroot

20180703_174416.png

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

If your community day isn't over yet, or hasn't started yet.

I can confirm this is legit. Looks like the stops roll over their quests at intervals though, no idea what that intervals is. Ended the event with 8 shinies, 4 of which have sunglasses.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally got my first EX raid pass, Safari Zone Yokosuka is coming up (Assuming I win a slot), 4 different sponsors for pokemon go Special Weekend which will net 8 different Unown, plus community day and Articuno day were both delayed in Japan.

It's going to be a long, Pokemon filled summer.

• 1Like