Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Think this is still available for a while today. I TM'd my Moltres and Zapdos I had, even though neither are very good. What other shadows should I be checking to see if I have and hitting some TMs on?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Machop, Electabuzz, Magnemite, Larvitar, Dratini, Bulbasaur, Snover, Weedle, any shadow legendaries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
got one at 11:52pm, managed to do one fight/catch during the yesterday and then one after midnight.

Got a shiny shadow scyther, which I was not expecting.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I bought the $15 pass for yesterday and I guess I should have just read it more closely. Saw a bunch of collection challenges that were listed as 8 days duration so I figured I had time for a lot of that shit and didn't prioritize those, especially the raid ones. Well, raid regionals were only for 12 hours, so I missed that shit. My bad. But then, I got stuck on what I assume is the shiny Ditto research because I literally do not have someone to trade with. I was even next to one of our bigger parks because I was at the rec center doing a blood drive and no one playing there because, oh I don't know, it's under 20 fucking degrees. So I had to give up on that. I'm stuck on what I assume is the Mew research because, again, have to trade with people. Maybe I'll get that shit eventually, at least it isn't time locked.

The paid pass apparently came with a box of 200 Pokeballs. Neat. Unfortunately, my dumbass bag is always full so I couldn't claim them and since I was doing a couple raids, shit was filling up faster than I could use it and I had a tough time even trying to get to the bonus box that was also available for a coin so I could get the remote raid pass in there. But, not a big deal, I figure I've got time. Apparently not, that shit's fucking gone. Also gone, the other 3 remote raid pass box that was available for free that I wasn't able to get claimed in time. What the fuck.

I also got a total of 2 shinies for the whole day despite chaining incense. I also never got an Electabuzz to pop out of an incense for my red/green shit, whichever the fuck one I picked. I haven't seen any of the version specific stuff popping out today, either, so I guess that's over, too. I assumed the rotating city hours would persist since, again, the collection tasks were 8 days long. Nope.

Another fun one, I wasn't able to use half the raid invites that I got. Someone would remote invite me, it would take me to the gym where the raid was and it would force me to try to use a regular raid pass, then bitch at me because I wasn't close enough to it. Maybe I was blind, but I couldn't find anyway to get it to swap to using a remote raid pass in those instances. I was just fucked and couldn't do the raid.

I get it a lot of this is probably my fault for not digging more into the blogs or whatever the fuck, but goddamn, there was so much shit and spam going on with tasks and then RL shit getting in the way that I sure as shit feel bad about paying $15 for that. Anyone else have a better time at least?

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I bought the $15 pass for yesterday and I guess I should have just read it more closely. Saw a bunch of collection challenges that were listed as 8 days duration so I figured I had time for a lot of that shit and didn't prioritize those, especially the raid ones. Well, raid regionals were only for 12 hours, so I missed that shit. My bad. But then, I got stuck on what I assume is the shiny Ditto research because I literally do not have someone to trade with. I was even next to one of our bigger parks because I was at the rec center doing a blood drive and no one playing there because, oh I don't know, it's under 20 fucking degrees. So I had to give up on that. I'm stuck on what I assume is the Mew research because, again, have to trade with people. Maybe I'll get that shit eventually, at least it isn't time locked.

The paid pass apparently came with a box of 200 Pokeballs. Neat. Unfortunately, my dumbass bag is always full so I couldn't claim them and since I was doing a couple raids, shit was filling up faster than I could use it and I had a tough time even trying to get to the bonus box that was also available for a coin so I could get the remote raid pass in there. But, not a big deal, I figure I've got time. Apparently not, that shit's fucking gone. Also gone, the other 3 remote raid pass box that was available for free that I wasn't able to get claimed in time. What the fuck.

I also got a total of 2 shinies for the whole day despite chaining incense. I also never got an Electabuzz to pop out of an incense for my red/green shit, whichever the fuck one I picked. I haven't seen any of the version specific stuff popping out today, either, so I guess that's over, too. I assumed the rotating city hours would persist since, again, the collection tasks were 8 days long. Nope.

Another fun one, I wasn't able to use half the raid invites that I got. Someone would remote invite me, it would take me to the gym where the raid was and it would force me to try to use a regular raid pass, then bitch at me because I wasn't close enough to it. Maybe I was blind, but I couldn't find anyway to get it to swap to using a remote raid pass in those instances. I was just fucked and couldn't do the raid.

I get it a lot of this is probably my fault for not digging more into the blogs or whatever the fuck, but goddamn, there was so much shit and spam going on with tasks and then RL shit getting in the way that I sure as shit feel bad about paying $15 for that. Anyone else have a better time at least?

It wasn’t worth $15. The shiny rate was garbage. We couldn’t collect the 200 Pokeballs either. We had the same problem with remote invites off and on all day, but we were driving around so we did end up getting them all done. We both finished all of the collecting, trading, and evolving except a Mankey for the girlfriend. We only had one tradeable Mankey between our four accounts, and I’m better at Rock Paper Scissors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The only good thing about yesterday is getting a bunch of lucky trades done that I had been dragging my feet on. 2 new lucky shiny Mewtwo!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It wasn’t worth $15. The shiny rate was garbage. We couldn’t collect the 200 Pokeballs either. We had the same problem with remote invites off and on all day, but we were driving around so we did end up getting them all done. We both finished all of the collecting, trading, and evolving except a Mankey for the girlfriend. We only had one tradeable Mankey between our four accounts, and I’m better at Rock Paper Scissors.
Daughter started playing and ended up with 4 new shinies, and I managed two (not counting the ditto). I also managed another shiny mewtwo. Seemed alright, but holy shit I could not get some of the research ones to spawn.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
We got 25-26 shiny across two accounts sitting in my apartment running incense for the event. Unfortunately neither of two we wanted, Scyther or Vulpix. Wife got a perfect shiny Mewtwo with Psystrike though.

I'm stuck on what I assume is the Mew research because, again, have to trade with people. Maybe I'll get that shit eventually, at least it isn't time locked.
Shiny Ditto comes from the special research, not the collection tasks. Timer doesn't run out. Collection stuff including the evolutions is useless, just gives you a line item on your badge. You get the Mew special research after you finish Ditto. You'll know when you get it. It'll probably take me a year to complete.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We got 25-26 shiny across two accounts sitting in my apartment running incense for the event. Unfortunately neither of two we wanted, Scyther or Vulpix. Wife got a perfect shiny Mewtwo with Psystrike though.

Shiny Ditto comes from the special research, not the collection tasks. Timer doesn't run out. Collection stuff including the evolutions is useless, just gives you a line item on your badge. You get the Mew special research after you finish Ditto. You'll know when you get it. It'll probably take me a year to complete.
151 gifts to friends is just not.. fun.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I made the mistake of going to the PoGo reddit. Jesus Christ, the amount of shit-eating shills for Niantic is unreal. Apparently there were a shitton of other benefits during the event that I didn't know of, like unlimited special trades (not that I could take advantage), some increased catch candy for certain species, etc. I didn't see any of this listed in the blog link from the in-game news, and I don't use Twitter anymore to follow shit there. Is there some other good aggregate of news to check during these events so I actually know WTF is going on?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I made the mistake of going to the PoGo reddit. Jesus Christ, the amount of shit-eating shills for Niantic is unreal. Apparently there were a shitton of other benefits during the event that I didn't know of, like unlimited special trades (not that I could take advantage), some increased catch candy for certain species, etc. I didn't see any of this listed in the blog link from the in-game news, and I don't use Twitter anymore to follow shit there. Is there some other good aggregate of news to check during these events so I actually know WTF is going on?
I think it was 6 special trade (in order to help with the trading between versions), I think.

I really only "noticed" the stuff in game (20 candy for a magikarp, wtf?), and I wsh it would have been listed someplace.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah imagine being on step two and forgetting to play on day 30 of your catch streak requirement.

Can't wait to see what step 3 is in a month.
holy shit how... I saw someone with nothing in their special research area but I guess they didn't get the ticket then.

Do we have the steps listed someplace?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Step 1 is what you know.. 151 gifts, etc.

Step 2:
  • Catch a pokemon for 30 days in a row
  • Catch 151 different species of pokemon
  • Catch 30 of every type (Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Dark and Fairy)
Step 3 is unknown. I expect step 4 would be all freebies.

• 1Barf

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Step 1 is what you know.. 151 gifts, etc.

Step 2:
  • Catch a pokemon for 30 days in a row
  • Catch 151 different species of pokemon
  • Catch 30 of every type (Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Dark and Fairy)
Step 3 is unknown. I expect step 4 would be all freebies.

motherofgod.gif