Pokemon Let's Go

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, we have a Switch... guess we'll have to take a look.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Already have the Switch, but so far I'm a little disappointed in Let's Go, but maybe I just don't have all the info yet. It looked like you don't actually battle wild Pokemon anymore, instead you just do the Pokemon Go style of catching and that's it. Then you just level mons though trainer battles and just catching shit. Seems prohibitive unless you can get cheap Pokeballs out the ass or you can turn on wild battling in some way. Has there been any news since E3 on that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yea, the catching of pokemon like in go seems like it will be a disappointment but then again seeing them in the overworld and just trying to do stupid throws when I am bored seems more fun than repels, running or 1 shotting like in the old games.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll be getting this one for sure it's two player and my son's obsessed with Pokemon. Looks like it lets you transfer from moble go to this

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Some more details released today: more special moves for your partner mon (with some really cheesy move names), custom hairstyles for it, secret techniques for traveling (basically more flavorful fly, surf, etc.). Game's starting to look a little too kiddish for me, but who am I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not buying Let's Go, but I'd love it if Nintendo made Pokemon Go II sometime in the future. PoGo was a huge disappointment and is so far from what could've been.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not buying Let's Go, but I'd love it if Nintendo made Pokemon Go II sometime in the future. PoGo was a huge disappointment and is so far from what could've been.

When did you quit playing? They've kept working on it really steadily, it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
When did you quit playing? They've kept working on it really steadily, it's MUCH better than it was at launch.
I quit right before raids came out, and from everything I've heard it's still worse than it was at launch. I don't really want to derail this thread but fuck it, it only has a few posts in a month.

Here's the trailer for PoGo, I remember being super pumped for it when it released.

Watch that and tell me whether Niantic delivered on that trailer with today's PoGo (ignoring the notional AR stuff that we just don't have the tech for yet).

At release we really only had the hunting / capturing Pokemon feature in and it was remarkably like the trailer. People were running all over looking for Pokemon. Then a combination of people realizing how effective lures were + niantic destroying the ability to hunt pokemon turned it into a game where people sat on their ass spending $$$ to win.

I didn't get into raiding, but the raid pass mechanic reaffirmed my decision to not play. Niantic had the option of creating a global hit, but instead they seemed to just chase their cash shop.

If I'm wrong and Niantic actually did reform a bit and the game is like that trailer, let me know.

Which is why I think it's up to Nintendo to create Pokemon Go II, since unlike Niantic they actually give a shit about their brand.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mother fucker. (I’m on an OCD hunt for hundos...)

15B21CEB-89D8-4649-8B30-0C93144FFDFC.jpeg

• 1Like