Polar (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
2.80 star(s) Rating: 2.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Polar (2019)

Tagline: If the job doesn't kill you, retirement will

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Jonas Åkerlund

Cast: Mads Mikkelsen, Vanessa Hudgens, Katheryn Winnick, Matt Lucas, Anthony Grant, Nia Roam, Anastasia Marinina, Fei Ren, Josh Cruddas, Lovina Yavari

Release: 2019-01-25

Runtime: 118

Plot: When a retiring assassin realizes he's the target of a hit, he winds up back in the game going head to head with an army of younger, ruthless killers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pretty blatant John Wick ripoff (though I guess it is based on a graphic novel). I like Mads, though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, at first glance the setting/theme seem generic, but it could turn out to be interesting... plus Mads.

spronk

FPS noob
this is a netflix movie btw i don't think it'll be in theaters

i liked that one movie with Idris Elba and african kid soldiers but there really haven't been many "great" netflix movies. Bird Box sucked

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
netflix movies are an odd duck. a few of them COULD have been great if a few things were just ironed out. but then there's a whole slew of them that are violently unwatchable.

and yet, they keep getting all these great actors and actresses for them. it's like no one's figured out they are just scyfy 2.0

Szlia

netflix movies are an odd duck. a few of them COULD have been great if a few things were just ironed out. but then there's a whole slew of them that are violently unwatchable.

and yet, they keep getting all these great actors and actresses for them. it's like no one's figured out they are just scyfy 2.0
You must not be an accountant...

gak

<Gold Donor>
Snagged this and korsub aquaman, I played this first then aquadude expecting this to be trash, but we ended up snoozing through aquadude and preferring polar by far.

w.jpg

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
5/10. Mads and the action sequences were good. The ethnic breakfast club and gay baby Huey were atrocious though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found it to be incredibly disjointed and fairly schizophrenic. Mads Mikkelsen was OK, every other performance was either over the top flamboyant or completely wooden.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it had budget but seemed either poorly written or most likely poorly put together.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So typical Netflix original quality as of late? I suppose that's what happens when you just start throwing money all over the place while focusing on quantity to fill your catalog.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database