Political Affiliation

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No stupid answers, use this so we can flame each other in the politics thread

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm fairly conservative on most issues. Voted for Obama last election so I'm not married to the D or the R like most people.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Liberal on social issues, libertarian on foreign policy. Would never be registered or affiliated with any political party but am forced to vote (D) now since they are the only party that's demonstrably pro-science. Will choose dems I guess. If as many people that claim to be libertarian actually voted libertarian, they might start winning an election here and there.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I tend to want to vote Libertarian or Republican. I find myself not doing so because of some glaring disagreement. Yes I like a free market. No I don't want to secede nor do I believe creationism is the way to go. Yes I believe we shouldn't obliterate the environment. Please stop shooting loggers and throwing paint on women in fur coats. My problem is crazy people I think. They seem to be everywhere.

I'll take the center path.

I am all over the map, I vote for whoever seems to be lying the least and doesn't keep sayin the same stupid shit as the party line. I voted for Ralph Nader and Bo Gritz, can't get more diametrically opposed.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Seems like a cop out if someone votes R or D for every major election of the last few cycles yet chooses centrist or libertarian. If you voted for Obama twice and a Dem for Senator and House Rep. then own that shit.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Liberal on social issues, libertarian on foreign policy. Would never be registered or affiliated with any political party but am forced to vote (D) now since they are the only party that's demonstrably pro-science. Will choose dems I guess.
Pretty much this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a cop out if someone votes R or D for every major election of the last few cycles yet chooses centrist or libertarian. If you voted for Obama twice and a Dem for Senator and House Rep. then own that shit.
You can't mistake recent political party leanings for overall political persuasion. Someone could be relatively conservative but really hate the current GOP for a variety of reasons.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The poll was affiliation, not persuasion. I didn't see an option to vote for the Centrist Party on my ballot. If you have voted D 12 out of 13 times, you are affiliated with the D's whether you are registered with them or not.

I have voted in probably 20 election so far, and gone 3 different parties on most depending on city, state or federal level. dunno which to toggle except middle (centrist). Politics wasn't super polarized till Bush Jr Karl Rove and the other neocon clowns fucked everything up trying to play a big meta game.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You're world is too black and white. I'm not a big fan of Obama - he talks a mean fight, but not much more. But if my choice is between him and Rmoney, and him and Palin (let's be real, she was the BIG issue, not McCain), I'm voting Obama every time. I don't like to "waste" my vote on candidates who can't win, on the million-to-one chance that the guy/gal I hate more wins because of that.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya I'm about the same, but since about halfway through GWB I've been forced to vote D. I'm a registered independent and definitely believe in a centrist style of governance, but had to choose D since that what I vote. Just semantics though, who really gives a shit, heh.

Selected libertarian due to being fiscal conservative and social liberal. Legalize gambling, weed, and prostitution to reduce burden and cost of law enforcement. Increased science, education, research, and clean energy spending. I'm a veteran and very pro-military, but support decreased military spending via non-intervention and vastly fewer overseas bases. Support hardcore separation of church and state and religious freedom. I'm a gun owner and against assault weapons ban. Pro-choice mainly for fiscal reasons. Support social safety nets, but favor increased scrutiny and more stringent requirements on welfare and medicare. Support socialized medicine since every socialized medicine system on the planet is more cost-effective in terms of % of GDP and per-capita spending. For flat tax on both citizens and corporations. There should be no such thing as non-profit and no such thing as capital gains. All income flat taxed.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Neutral good. All over the place on things. Usually forced to go D though. Interested in a common sense party if that ever gets started.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
When I lived in Alaska for 12 years pretty much voted repub unless they were batshit crazy religious nut bags. For every sane repub like Lisa Murkowski there was a bat shit insane one like Don Young. Since moving to WA it's been pretty much democrat so take it as you will.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Support social safety nets, but favor increased scrutiny and more stringent requirements on welfare and medicare. Support socialized medicine since every socialized medicine system on the planet is more cost-effective in terms of % of GDP and per-capita spending. For flat tax on both citizens and corporations. There should be no such thing as non-profit and no such thing as capital gains. All income flat taxed.
Hey mostly reasonable stances guy, what more thorough scrutiny and requirements do you think welfare requires given it's absurdly low fraud rate? Do you not care that a flat tax is inherently regressive?