Poltergeist

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know about dark comedy...
Edit: ha two links to trailer..

I have no idea where I saw it first. probably HBO.
Would have been 5 in theaters.

It was rated PG btw.
maybe he is getting confused with House, which was a dark comedy and also quite scary.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Sam Rockwell is pretty much great in everything and as my wife loves the original I'm looking forward to this.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only WTF scene of the original was when the guy started ripping his own face off. That had an impact on me more than anything else.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam Rockwell rocks, but that doesnt mean the movies he stars in will rock as well (teehee
smile.png
).
he does a lot of films, i have only heard of about half of them.
Sam Rockwell - IMDb

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah he also does a lot of small films that don't get much play but are good. You should check out some of his indie stuff. Better Living Through Chemistry was a recent one that was really good.

Cybsled

I don't know about dark comedy...
Edit: ha two links to trailer..

I have no idea where I saw it first. probably HBO.
Would have been 5 in theaters.

It was rated PG btw.
It predates the PG13 rating I believe, though. Spielberg got them to add that rating to the scheme for Temple of Doom
wink.png

Devlin

Golden Squire
I really enjoyed Joshua with Sam Rockwell, not a high profile horror movie but good for reasons you'd have to watch it to understand.

Column_sl

shitlord
Will watch it tonight. Watched Insidious 3 on Saturday, and it was meh for that series.

I heard the director is doing a documentary based on what he says were real paranormal events while shooting the remake.
He said they filmed the location shots in a supposed haunted house, and he was haunted by a spirit on location, and on the sets that reproduced the interiors of the house.

I'm sure it's all promotional BS, but I like that kind of Blair Witch security cam footage.

When I was in my early twenties for a couple years I was really into seeing anything paranormal (blame those ghost hunter shows), and in New Orleans there are a ton of haunted sites. I've been to everything from haunted houses, and hospitals etc with a couple friends filming. We never saw anything other then shit that can be explained like old pipes cracking etc..

I'll just leave it to the movies

Column_sl

shitlord
Don't even bother with this film, terrible on every level. They really phoned this one in, and pretty much got funding on the IP alone.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't even bother with this film, terrible on every level. They really phoned this one in, and pretty much got funding on the IP alone.
Completely agree. I am a huge horror fan and thought this was horrible in every way.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Also agree. Does not one up or even come close to equaling the original. Many of the actors felt miscast to me. Terrible movie...watch the original instead.