Post your (minor) frustrations at work

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dont have any frustrations at work. Im fucking awesome at what I do, I get paid well for what I do, im a mentor to many young people in my office that seek my advice. I hardly ever work 8 hours (more like 6-7 lol), I have like a month of vacation every year. 10 min away from home. shit is good, yo.

Hey. Fuck off!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People at various levels that get in charge of scheduling. Schedule stuff when to built, when to be delivered and in some cases schedule how to be erecrted in the field. Some of them have no exposure to the entire process, can't read drawings and do odd stuff like in a quick turnaround schedule the highest point of a structure to be designed, built, and shipped for the field first. Then can't understand why the field isn't working. Maybe cause you sent to top 40' of structure and not the bottom 100' that it sets on. Happens often. Companies seem to think the best way to introduce a guy to the work is put him in charge of scheduling.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Having more managers on shift than engineers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should just rename this to the Mist thread, or Misting at work, if you will

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I work with a woman who is such a fucking precious snowflake. She has mentioned that she's not comfortable with me, but she can't explain why. I immediately went to her superiors and said this needs to be dealt with, because I'm not letting her fuck things up later when she gets a full head of steam. She told the superiors that she's not comfortable with me. She then also said I've never done anything in particular to make her uncomfortable, and I don't threaten her in any way. I've never been sexist, and I've never even been alone in a room with her. When all this was discussed, logged, and recorded, the people in charge told me to just be careful with her. I asked what advice they gave this woman, they said none. I said she is the one with a problem that she is creating. If I ever have any issues with her, or if she ever comes up with something on me, I'm going to sue her, sue the company, sue the people who were in charge, and burn the building to the ground.

She's so precious, she feels threatened, but admittedly by her own word she has no reason to feel uncomfortable. But no, I'm the one who needs to be careful.

What the hell is wrong with the world?

Man and women I worked with were caught in the basement, woman on her knees, guy had his pants down.

Guy got fired, woman was allowed to stay and made quite a few promotions over the following years.

Some companies simply recognize talent when they see it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
During University I had a part time job at a big PC retailer. I'll never forget someone phoning the store to ask "what's better, an Nvidia graphics card or a TNT graphics card?"

I started to explain that Nvidia is the manufacturer and TNT is the model, but the guy interrupted me, told me I was stupid and hung up.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
During University I had a part time job at a big PC retailer. I'll never forget someone phoning the store to ask "what's better, an Nvidia graphics card or a TNT graphics card?"

I started to explain that Nvidia is the manufacturer and TNT is the model, but the guy interrupted me, told me I was stupid and hung up.

Apples entire business model is based on people like this.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I work in CNC as a pre-setter (preparing tools for setters, ordering new tools, cutting tips etc, dealing with a production planner and engineers) and I get triggered every time I come to work in the morning and discover hours later or sometimes even days later (depending on the tools) that the evening or night shift had broken some tool and discreetly put it back with the others. I mean, seriously. Some of the them cost over 3 grand easy and might take days for the new one to arrive. I worked 4 years as a setter, and I never did that. It's frustrating as hell. Especially if the tool is needed for another job and the duplicates are all already in use. We've had instances where we had to postpone a job or outsource it to a subcontractor because some idiot broke a tool and didn't say anything. It's like I wouldn't find out who did it. We got more cameras in the cnc department than downtown London has.