Post Your Pet

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My bro just turned four a few weeks back too, wasn't expecting something this serious for at least a few more years.. I declined chemo but told them I wouldn't spare any expense in making him feel like he's on a heroin trip until he dies, as well as giving him the best quality of life until he does so I can run through a doggie bucket list. They gave me a heap of steroids and painkillers and his swelling has gone way down. They said the steroids will stop working in 2-3 weeks at which point I'll have to think about euthanasia. He's definitely not feeling his best, but far better than the half dead state he was in when I brought him in. Last night I ordered two roast chicken dinners and he had his own. This morning he got his own tray of ground beef..

Sorry to hear about that. I had to put my dog down last month. Letting them live like a king is so bittersweet. Dog is super stoked but not us humans because we know its only a matter of time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My little girl Sansa. Trying to look cute, but as always it's a trap.

XGe0zcx.jpg
eJM62JD.jpg
DCGz2NL.jpg
y8k4p8X.jpg
kRdTm5q.jpg

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Frenzied Wombat Frenzied Wombat Any updates? How's he doing? Is he eating Foie Gras yet?

He’s getting a bit worse day by day, but still holding strong and has an appetite. Most recently and concerning is the wheezing cough he’s developed. In the meatime, I am spending more on groceries for him than myself. He gets salmon steaks, fish roe, ground beef, and goat’s milk on the regular now.

F9627A62-4203-4C5F-A219-035B3A74800B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

Legazy

Molten Core Raider
My two devil dogs:

Jax & Anakin (choc lab), they are inseparable.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
I just had to put my baby girl to sleep a couple days ago. It has been absolutely heartbreaking. She was 3 years old.

We rescued Lexi from my neglectful neighbor. She was so full of life, always wanting to play and be the center of attention and then out of nowhere I noticed she was acting very lethargic and uncharacteristic. I checked her gums and they were pale. I called the vet and they said to take her in immediately. She was diagnosed with an auto immune disease called IMHA. Basically her body attacks her own red blood cells until they bleed out internally.

She battled against her own body for 3 days. She was given steroids, and even a blood transfusion when things got really bad and nothing seemed to help. Her red blood cell count kept decreasing.

We went up their to see her... kind of knowing what we were going to have to do and it was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do in this life. Her eyes and gums were yellow. She was very lethargic and drunk like when trying to walk. We took her outside to get some fresh air and sun for the last time. When we brought her back inside she laid down next to me and my wife and let out this big long groan as if she was miserable. Talk about heartbreak. The euthanasia was quick and peaceful. Basically wen't to sleep in front of us. Life can be really cruel sometimes.

View attachment 155187

• 13Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just had to put my baby girl to sleep a couple days ago. It has been absolutely heartbreaking. She was 3 years old.

We rescued Lexi from my neglectful neighbor. She was so full of life, always wanting to play and be the center of attention and then out of nowhere I noticed she was acting very lethargic and uncharacteristic. I checked her gums and they were pale. I called the vet and they said to take her in immediately. She was diagnosed with an auto immune disease called IMHA. Basically her body attacks her own red blood cells until they bleed out internally.

She battled against her own body for 3 days. She was given steroids, and even a blood transfusion when things got really bad and nothing seemed to help. Her red blood cell count kept decreasing.

We went up their to see her... kind of knowing what we were going to have to do and it was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do in this life. Her eyes and gums were yellow. She was very lethargic and drunk like when trying to walk. We took her outside to get some fresh air and sun for the last time. When we brought her back inside she laid down next to me and my wife and let out this big long groan as if she was miserable. Talk about heartbreak. The euthanasia was quick and peaceful. Basically wen't to sleep in front of us. Life can be really cruel sometimes.

View attachment 155187
So sorry to hear about this man. This exact same thing happened to our Jack Russel several years ago, and she was only 5 at the time. As you can imagine, being a Jack Russel she was full of energy. It literally happened over night, we went to let her out of her crate in the morning and she didn't even want to come out. We knew pretty quick that something was seriously wrong. She fought for about a week, and we did much of the same stuff you mentioned above. We were told that it can actually sometimes be triggered by their vaccinations.

Pic of my Daisy before we had to put her down. It isn't a great picture, but you can see her side is a bit yellow as well. At one point she was so yellow it looked like we had dyed her.
IMAG0082.jpg

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ryanz

<Banned>
IMHA is terrible. Within 24 hours she went from being her normal energetic self playing catch outside to being in critical condition. I didn't know such a thing even existed. Sorry man, I feel your pain.

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
I'm sorry for you guys. It's a terrible loss to deal with. Little heartbreakers is what they are, gonna go hug my dog.

• 2Solidarity

Raign

Golden Squire

Gah.. that is heartbreaking. 3 years is just... I have no words. We had twin brothers from the same litter, the one on the right below passed away 2 years ago, it was crushing. Other old boy is hanging in there though.. 13 years old this week

upload_2017-10-24_15-18-10.png

• 2Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider

View attachment 155187
I've had dogs for pets all my life and have been through it a few times. The last one was exceptionally heartbreaking. She was 12 and developed a skin disease. I took her to several vets, tried several different treatments. In the end there was nothing I could do. Felt like I failed her. Currently have two happy rambunctious dogs running around.

I know what it's like, bro.

• 3Solidarity

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Well, I finally had to make that dreaded call to the vet yesterday. Despite keeping a brave face, he was getting weaker each day, and yesterday he could barely walk. I give him a marrow bone daily, and though he made his best efforts he didn't have the energy to chew it. He would gnaw on it for a minute, then have to take a panting break before trying again. It was heartbreaking. Also the lymph nodes in his throat had finally swollen to the point where he was obviously uncomfortable lying down, and he wasn't getting enough sleep. You'd see him sitting erect struggling to keep his eyes open.

Vet came to my home and did the deed. He literally passed away with his face buried in a bowl of Haagen Dazs ice cream, using what was remaining of his waning life force to get that last bit of vanilla goodness at the bottom of the bowl..

RIP little guy.

EDE3C587-AD87-4D53-A2D7-CEAF16C0FDBE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 15Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, fell out of its nest when it was maybe a day or 2 old and started bottle feeding it. Surprisingly lived hah

20171014_170407.jpg

20171014_110736.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user