Post Your Pet

Pups getting fat. They were 6 weeks old this weekend so 6 of them got new homes. Im happy for them, and sad at the same time. I got attached. I still have three and Im contemplating keeping one.
rrr_img_18836.jpg
rrr_img_18837.jpg
rrr_img_18838.jpg
rrr_img_18839.jpg

rrr_img_18836.jpg

rrr_img_18837.jpg

rrr_img_18838.jpg

rrr_img_18839.jpg

rrr_img_18836.jpg

rrr_img_18837.jpg

rrr_img_18838.jpg

rrr_img_18839.jpg

Ever find out how the vet fucked the spay up?
Pretty sure it wasnt even done. She has the scar where he cut her open, but didnt do anything after that I assume. I took her to her real vet and he said you cant mess up a spay that bad. You can mess it up where she might still go into heat, but not be able to get pregnant and have a litter.

SAIDIN_sl

shitlord
Does anyone here have experience with bullmastiffs ? So basically when I buy a house next year (with a big backyard), I'd like to get another dog in addition to my female black lab (puppy). I don't want a dog that is aggressive to the point where I'd fear having it around kids. However, I'd like to have a big dog that will at least bark and intimidate someone. If the dog barks, I can at least go grab my shotgun. I love German Shepherds, Bullmastiffs, Great Danes and Rottweilers. I don't know anyone with kids so socialization would be my fear. So I'm not deadset on a bullmastiff, but that is the best option I've seen from google.

rrr_img_19186.jpg

rrr_img_19186.jpg

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have English Mastiffs and kids in the house. They are extremely loyal to anyone living in the house and the kids have tugged on, sat on, and crawled over them and they don't mind one bit. Now if there's a knock at the door or a stranger you will know if immediately. I'm sure many breeds can fit this bill, but from my experience they are the most loyal to their family while being extremely intimidating to strangers.

dolaan_sl

shitlord
I had a friend who had 2 Bull Mastiffs and they almost never barked actually I can not remember ever hearing them bark even when you came to the door. He said that they were bred to protect the land of the rich English from Poachers. They did not want them to scare off the poachers they wanted them to kill the poachers so they did not bark. Do not know if that is true but that is what he said. That being said they were great dogs. The male used to eat baseballs, with out chewing :emoji_nose:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
All dogs can be good with children as long as you socialize and train them at a young age. Sure some are better than others but I wouldn't let it be the ultimate reason for getting one breed over another. Pretty much any "protection" breed with have natural instincts to guard what you hold dear. GSD, especially, become very protective of your children. Boxers as well. My cousin had her Boxer for a few years before having her first child and now that dog is the guardian of that little kid.

A few I'd avoid just because I've heard they're more difficult would be certain ancient breeds like Chow, Shiba and Akita.

Tenks

I had a friend who had 2 Bull Mastiffs and they almost never barked actually I can not remember ever hearing them bark even when you came to the door. He said that they were bred to protect the land of the rich English from Poachers. They did not want them to scare off the poachers they wanted them to kill the poachers so they did not bark. Do not know if that is true but that is what he said. That being said they were great dogs. The male used to eat baseballs, with out chewing :emoji_nose:
Most origin stories for purebreeds are more made up than origin stories for the XMen. They just come up with something that sounds cool and say thats what happened. Talk to any bulldog owner and they'll tell you the wrinkers were to irrigate blood away from the dog's eyes but up until very recently their faces were not very wrinkled.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
What is true is that many breeds can trace their origins to the Mastiff. This includes Great Dane, Boxer, Bulldog, Saint Bernard, Bullmastiff, and many others. This concludes my semi-useless trivia.

Tenks

That is very true. I forget all the classifications but there is like "Spitz" for many of the smaller screw tailed dogs and "Mastiff" is the classification for many of the larger "gentle giant" dogs. So a bunch of breeds fall under the "Mastiff" classification.

-edit-

Here we go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ff_Type_Breeds

And for Spitz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitz

wish I could remember more of the classifications. Forget where (Cardigan) Corgis and GSDs fall under. Pembroke Corgis fall under Spitz.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is true is that many breeds can trace their origins to the Mastiff. This includes Great Dane, Boxer, Bulldog, Saint Bernard, Bullmastiff, and many others. This concludes my semi-useless trivia.
We had a chow. Awesome dog and great at guarding the house. Except when the prick would get off leash or outta yard he didnt give a damn and would bite anyone who touched him, us included. Hd to put him down in the end because kids would come to the fence and bug him and he bit a few