Post Your Pet

joz123

Potato del Grande
Found a cat curled up in a ball outside a store, no collar or anything. Decided to keep him. Named him Oreo. Most laid back cat ever, sleeps almost the entire day and gets up mainly to eat/drink and use the box. Ignores all the toys I got him except the feather ball on a stick thing.

rrr_img_39323.jpg
rrr_img_39324.jpg
rrr_img_39325.jpg
rrr_img_39327.jpg

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Anybody have a solution to dog farts? No joke my 8 pound puppy has the most noxious, room clearing, 300lb Billy-Bob hot wing and beer farts. I've been literally driven off the couch multiple times since I've acquired him. He's already being fed the highest caliber dog food that can be had. Now I know bulldogs are notorious farters, but if there is a way to at least reduce the toxicity level from "mustard gas" to something tolerable I would be eternally grateful. The little guy is only 8 pounds and could already handily outfart your average pizza eating college frat boy, so I can only imagine what it would be like when he's fully grown.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Anybody have a solution to dog farts? No joke my 8 pound puppy has the most noxious, room clearing, 300lb Billy-Bob hot wing and beer farts. I've been literally driven off the couch multiple times since I've acquired him. He's already being fed the highest caliber dog food that can be had. Now I know bulldogs are notorious farters, but if there is a way to at least reduce the toxicity level from "mustard gas" to something tolerable I would be eternally grateful. The little guy is only 8 pounds and could already handily outfart your average pizza eating college frat boy, so I can only imagine what it would be like when he's fully grown.
Talk to your vet-- usually,just as with people, extraordinarily foul flatulence is a sign of poor diet in some regard. Too much fat or protein content for example, or a possible allergy.

Hasto_sl

shitlord
It could also be something as simple as they are eating their food too fast. Try putting something in their food dish that they have to eat around to make them take their time. With several puppies I have had to put like a ball or something in the dish to get them to slow down when they eat. This helped with their gas a lot.

fucker_sl

shitlord
err...ask the vet maybe ?

Siliconemelons

is that high quality super dog food hippy dog food that is not meat but like the equiv of soy burgers? dogs are carnivors and their digestive tracks are made for meat.

go full vegan or vegetation cold turkey one day- give it like 2 days and see how your farts and shits are... you will adjust after a week or month and be fine- but the transition is terribad- dogs are not as adapatable as we are though.

I would try a can of the real meat canned food that's most real meat like rather than dry and see if that changes anything... and of course seek your vets advice... and you may just have a super fart machine /shrug

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cool, I liked this thread on the old FoH forum.

Here are some pictures of the "pets" I posted back then.

This tank crashed and died due to a chiller malfunction. All of the coral was living before the crash.

P5150029.jpg

And here is the future home of my future pets when I finish the build I am working on. It is definitely a bigger better build. One that will not crash like the last one. It has been years in the making. If you look close you can see a sea serpent sculpture
smile.png
throwback to my gaming days I guess.

007-3.jpg

If you really have some time to wastehereis the complete build thread.
forgot about this one. here is an updated photo of the new tank:

Greyform

Looks real nice. Sorry to hear about the crash man I know what a kick in the gut that feeling is. Are you on RC at all?
And belated gratz on having a TotM. That is an amazing accomplishment. What caused the crash?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It could also be something as simple as they are eating their food too fast. Try putting something in their food dish that they have to eat around to make them take their time. With several puppies I have had to put like a ball or something in the dish to get them to slow down when they eat. This helped with their gas a lot.
This is actually one of the things the Vet mentioned, though he also said it could be because we switched from the shitty Pedigree brand food the breeder was feeding him to Merrick, and when you switch foods you are supposed to do so gradually. Going to try the ball idea tonight and try sticking with the current food for another week and see if things get better.

FiReBReTHa

N00b
Looks real nice. Sorry to hear about the crash man I know what a kick in the gut that feeling is. Are you on RC at all?
And belated gratz on having a TotM. That is an amazing accomplishment. What caused the crash?
Yea, im actually everywhere haha
smile.png
firebretha is an internet whore so you can find me posting all over.

Pretty much it started with a coral falling and killing a clam, (The giant one on the left) then there were three other hand picked beauties that couldnt handle the tank toxin up and then kicked it and then pushed pretty much everything else over the edge.

frown.png

Here's some photos from when she was in her prime.

MacnaBuys_Scolygroup.png

MacnaBuys_clamstripes.png

MacnaBuys_clamgroup.png

MacnaBuys_orangepurpleclam.png

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
That was a sweet tank dude. Those Scoly's and even that finger/mump leather are amazing, not to mention the great color on the acros (which isn't easy) I had a similar setup-- a 50 gallon cube, LED fixture, Neptune Aquatics reef controller, Tunze Protein Skimmer, dual Vortech's-- the works.. Probably had about 5K worth of corals and things were going great for about two years when a Dino infestation came out of nowhere that I couldn't beat back. Tried everything but it slowly started to kill my coral. A clam ended up dying causing a full blown crash and all that survived was my Copperband Butterfly and some leathers. Been telling myself for the last year that I'll start over because it was just so amazing and beautiful, but losing the initial tank was just so devastating.

Greyform

FiReBReTHa, that tank is/was awesome I hope you rebuild man.

yeah a tank crashing especially after you have a heavy investment can make you pretty gun shy. it took me awhile to decide to rebuild. and when I did decide to go for it I did what I could to make sure I could maintain stability. Even if something goes horribly wrong.

That old link from my post I quoted is dead the local forum moved servers. buthereis the RC build thread. I know it's insane but It has been fun since I don't game much anymore I needed something to do with my time lol.