Post Your Pet

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This fella belongs to the girl Ive been seeing, he's an F4 Savannah cat named Simba. Ive been around cats pretty much all my life, even owned one for nearly 17 years with no issues. It's been a few years now since my cat passed so I dont know if something in my physiology has changed, or if it's specific to him him being a Savannah cat or what, but Im crazy allergic to this guy.

He is super affectionate, loves to sit in your lap for naps or being petted endlessly and enjoys the headbumps like all cats do, but Ive learned through uncomfortable trial and error that anywhere his nose touches on my skin, I break out into hives. Something about his constantly wet nose and cat snot/saliva causes hives and rashes that do eventually go away but I feel terrible having to always move away from his head when he's trying to nuzzle. My first visit to her place ended with me having to flee because my eyes got huge, red, inflamed and looking like Id been thrown out onto Mars in Total Recall.

View attachment 488652

I have a similar situation with Arya. Don’t seem to have a problem with saliva or dander (which is usually also due to saliva) but very specifically her face glands. I can rub her head and cheeks all day myself, but when she goes in for bonking and rubbing, I’ll get massive itchy patches from it. It’s weird but I just let it happen because it’s worth it for the affection to me.
Bonus shot of her being a very heavy paperweight on me during my morning nap:
IMG_6900.jpeg

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Bean and Sugar lounging as they interpreted today's holiday as "Lazy Dog Day"....
1693882669532.png

And yes Sugar pulled the pillow from the far end of the couch so she'd have something to lay her head on....

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So.... We get new living room furniture. We now have a space in a corner. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I decide to put in a "cat tree" for the cat... See one on serious sale on amazon :

It arrives in a surprisingly small box for something that large. Requires assembly. Took me around 30 minutes while watching an episode of One Piece. Thing ended up around 4'6" tall.... Seemed like quite the deal for under $30.

Behold! Can you find where the cat is???
1694812801303.png

Where the cat is :
1694813185021.png

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So.... We get new living room furniture. We now have a space in a corner. Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I decide to put in a "cat tree" for the cat... See one on serious sale on amazon :

It arrives in a surprisingly small box for something that large. Requires assembly. Took me around 30 minutes while watching an episode of One Piece. Thing ended up around 4'6" tall.... Seemed like quite the deal for under $30.

Behold! Can you find where the cat is???
View attachment 490781

Where the cat is :
How is it? I seriously need a new one and that's stupid cheap, but if it is not fairly well made it will get destroyed by my two cats in no time.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
One of those deals that makes me worry for sure, lol. I guess it is like half of original, so yeah, not bad. I have a similar size one that’s like $60ish. Typical cat behavior though.

Here’s a pic of Sansa face planting in her perch:

IMG_6905.jpeg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
How is it? I seriously need a new one and that's stupid cheap, but if it is not fairly well made it will get destroyed by my two cats in no time.
TBH it feels pretty sturdy. Once assembled and all the bolts tightened well I was able to pick it up as one piece and move it without it wobbling and whatnot.... Now I will tell you more once the cat shows any interest at all in it. So far he's only interested if he sees me drop treats on it for him, and then only long enough to grab the snacks....

The wife is planning on dowsing it with spray on catnip over the weekend and he if he prefers the high life....

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
TBH it feels pretty sturdy. Once assembled and all the bolts tightened well I was able to pick it up as one piece and move it without it wobbling and whatnot.... Now I will tell you more once the cat shows any interest at all in it. So far he's only interested if he sees me drop treats on it for him, and then only long enough to grab the snacks....

The wife is planning on dowsing it with spray on catnip over the weekend and he if he prefers the high life....
Thanks for the info.

Looking at it later I realized that price doesn't include the $17 shipping, which makes it a little less enticing. Still not a bad deal, but I'd have ordered it without you even responding if it were free shipping. Now, not so sure.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The huskies look pretty awesome.

Not a great pic, but this is my 3 year old GSD/Bouvier, Jake.
rrr_img_43632.jpg
I can't remember when exactly, within a year of the above post, we took him to live with my parents when the wife and I were too busy to give him the attention he needed. They were semi-retired at the time and live on 18 acres that's mostly fenced. Lived a good life, went to sleep and didn't wake up end July last year.

1695280980805.png

• 7Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Look how they massacred my boy."

Was petting my Norwegian Forrestcat and felt some bumps in his fur. Thought it was normal tangled fur but when he screamed as I was going to comb it out I started looking at the area. A 1.5+ inch in diameter open wound.

Not sure what the hell made that. He is not a fighter and usually avoids other cats.

10 stitches with some extra tough thread and $650 later he is back home and being miserable that he is confined to one room for now.

PXL_20230921_144302864.jpg
PXL_20230922_161658709.jpg

• 8Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 10 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
SOMEONE had a cracked tooth and abcess that had to get handled today....
... SOMEONE is still stoned off their ever loving gourd on ketamine and pain killers....

Someone ==
1695936714945.png

• 9Like
  • 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
My brother likes ordering things online. He decided since the dog doesn’t like to stick his head out the car window at higher speeds, that he needed sunglasses for our road trips.

IMG_0643.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 6Worf

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Here is one of my 2 cats. She is a 3 year old polydactyl. 8 claws and 7 claws on her front paws. A rare bacteria caused her to almost die at the age of 5 months. The lymph nodes around her body became as large as a clementine segment. First vet 1200$ could not guess and told me she would be dead in a few weeks. Second vet costed me 250$ and found the issue right away. Downside is that the medication affected her growth, most cats grew at 5 months. She will stay small.

Good1.jpeg

Paw.jpeg

• 13Like
  • 1Barf

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Here is one of my 2 cats. She is a 3 year old polydactyl. 8 claws and 7 claws on her front paws. A rare bacteria caused her to almost die at the age of 5 months. The lymph nodes around her body became as large as a clementine segment. First vet 1200$ could not guess and told me she would be dead in a few weeks. Second vet costed me 250$ and found the issue right away. Downside is that the medication affected her growth, most cats grew at 5 months. She will stay small.

View attachment 492753
View attachment 492754

So many extra beans to poke and tickle!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
... SOMEONE is still stoned off their ever loving gourd on ketamine and pain killers....

Someone ==
View attachment 492743

Think one of the funniest things was when Arya had to get X-rays and the vet I had at the time would put them under for it (new place doesn’t have to thankfully). Picked her up and the tech told me she’ll probably just want to go to sleep when she gets home since she was just getting off the anesthesia.

Nope. Now more than ever was the time to go exploring. Suddenly she just wanted to go climbing everything, wanted to jump everywhere, etc. but her damn back legs hadn’t even woken up yet, so she was just bumbling around like an idiot. Was funny but also had to keep corralling her so she wouldn’t hurt herself.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Think one of the funniest things was when Arya had to get X-rays and the vet I had at the time would put them under for it (new place doesn’t have to thankfully). Picked her up and the tech told me she’ll probably just want to go to sleep when she gets home since she was just getting off the anesthesia.

Nope. Now more than ever was the time to go exploring. Suddenly she just wanted to go climbing everything, wanted to jump everywhere, etc. but her damn back legs hadn’t even woken up yet, so she was just bumbling around like an idiot. Was funny but also had to keep corralling her so she wouldn’t hurt herself.
For us Buddy just became the most affectionate he's ever been. Continuous rubbing of head against legs, hands, whatever... He still hasn't re-coordinated his limbs enough to start jumping up on stuff, so stumbling around like that overly affectionate drunk friend at parties...

• 3Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Someone ==
View attachment 492743
Our Willis (Cattery name he got to keep, named after Bruce Willis) in the picure above came home drugged up as well. Put him in the kitchen to make a cozy area for him to wake up. Waddled to the food and started eating at the same time he pissed himself all over the floor. Forgot about the food bowl in all the stress so it was still there.

The wound seems to heal real well. No infection and he is not bothering it. Getting stitches removed next week so seems we are good minus a hefty bill.

• 3Like