He loves to put his head on my chest whenever I sit in my chair

The effect of the wide lens is hilarious

IMG_0239.jpeg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Not my pet. But I got some reactions to some of my shit from a few months ago, and I reread a line I wrote "winter is hard on dogs with 4 legs, and I'm saving her from that."

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE WINTER, MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?
IMG_20240227_112121684_HDR.jpg

It's fucking 45 degrees. We've got 6 inches of snow total. It's like it's some fucking Florida winter and I need to be worried about my orange trees or some fucking shit. This time of year, it should be -20, blizzards and shit. IT'S BEEN 40 DEGREES SINCE CHRISTMAS.

Even when winter isn't fucking me with car troubles, ice dams on my roof, snow removal and all the other bullshit, it still fucks me by not coming when I'm trying to save my dog from it.

FUCK.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Zachen

Molten Core Raider
My Maine Coon, keeps the house free of any pests. Flies, moths, house centipedes, crickets and silverfish have went to 0 in the few years I've had her. Not much of a lap cat but she's super friendly and chill.
1709058104148.png

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My Maine Coon, keeps the house free of any pests. Flies, moths, house centipedes, crickets and silverfish have went to 0 in the few years I've had her. Not much of a lap cat but she's super friendly and chill.
View attachment 516791

My sister's college roommate had a Maine Coon. Only hydrophile cat that I've ever met. We had to babysit him for a week once, and we couldn't take any baths, because he would keep trying to jump in the tub with someone.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Look at this guilty face. Hubby’s experiment in trying to have the paper towels back out on the counter again did not end well. Back under the sink they go, lol.
IMG_7776.jpeg

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Behold! The unbridled ferocity of a Golden Retriever defending its home against unexpected guests...

dog.jpg

She lay like this for half an hour and was sad when they left.

• 10Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 14 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Added a kitten to the crew

Attachments

• IMG_8594.jpeg
    IMG_8594.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 73098915072__FE9E46D6-3903-4C16-A385-9E48E4329F9B.jpeg
    73098915072__FE9E46D6-3903-4C16-A385-9E48E4329F9B.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 15
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8500.jpeg
    IMG_8500.jpeg
    754.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8489.jpeg
    IMG_8489.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 11Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Added a kitten to the crew
My god, that is one poofy kitten already. Adorable!
Came home last night around 1am from seeing Dune. Thought I saw a package sitting at my front door and then it suddenly moved and scared the shit out of me. Turns out it was a cat, heh. Probably was just trying to get out of the rain. I’ve seen some of the neighborhood strays but hadn’t seen this one before. Was somewhat friendly. I came out and gave it a cup of tuna, which it took its time with then got a nice stretch then sauntered off. Husband gave me the look, though. No more adoptions (for now).
IMG_7779.jpeg

• 11Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Was trying to find a place to post this, because it's too cool not to share, just couldn't figure out where. Maybe here's a good spot.

So, i've got a cat. I've called him the apex predator of the neighborhood before. He spends 75% of his time outdoors, murders squirrels, rabbits, birds, mice, all kinds of shit. The dog died last fall and I replaced her with something I shouldn't have. I really thought this one wasn't done growing, but she's apparently full size now, 45lb shepherd mix. Not big enough. Musta had some nutrition issues in her early life. I picked her up from the Humane Society, and I had some preconceived notions about rescue dogs, and turns out they're all true. I really did just pay for someone else's garbage. So, that's unfortunate. I'm gonna need to get another working German Shepherd here for my own sanity sometime soon. I mean, I'm still gonna keep Willow, but she's just not what I want in a dog, and that's kinda unfortunate for both me and her.

Anyway, I live in an old suburban neighborhood, with a lot of parks and a lot of water. Some of you probably remember pics i posted when Zel died of us just sitting out by the pond all day. There's plenty of wildlife around - deer, a heron comes up to my pond every year, and that's really cool. We had a pair of ducks that would come back every year and raise their ducklings in our pool for awhile (no predators I guess).

Well, it snowed yesterday after not snowing since December, so every flake is fresh and wasn't on the ground just a couple days ago. I'm out snowblowing the sidewalk and I see this trail heading into my backyard from the street.
IMG_20240322_053618854.jpg

Bear in mind, I'm out doing this at 5am. It started snowing at around 10pm. So this is fresh, and unlike anything I've ever seen before. It goes into the street, into the neighbors yard, and then crosses another street. It comes from my backyard, over/under my fence, and down somewhere to the pond. It looks like 2 tire tracks - but super close together. So it's not a vehicle of any kind, and there's not really any distinct footprints of any kind. Super weird. I sent the kid to go figure out where the tracks came from/went, and I went to work.

After I got situated at work, I checked my cameras. Thankfully, I have a camera on the front of the house, and one on the back of the house. Check this shit out.

River otters? That's sure what they look like. And then I looked into them... apparently river otters will fuck up snapping turtles. Super fucking lucky it snowed and the cat didn't wanna be outside all night. Probably wouldn't be anything left of him. I also don't think a 45lb dog stands much of a chance against 4 otters either. I'd like to think a full size German Shepherd would snap their necks in pretty short order, but thats kind of a game changer for leaving your pets outside.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
My dog Duke on the left and his best friend Ruby on our way to Puerto Penasco for spring break.
FB_IMG_1711518019121.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Poor Mr. Man apparently has a tapeworm. :( Not sure how he got it, since he hasn’t been outdoors since we caught him and he was dewormed, etc. as soon as we got him to the vet. His fecal test, etc. from that was all clear. Got him dewormed again, so hopefully it clears out. Thing didn’t do much to his weight, though, lol. This boy’s already 13.5lbs. Said we can switch him to adult food whenever, now. Crazy how fast this little guy’s grown up. He still even has his little baby man voice, it’s so cute.
IMG_7947.jpeg
IMG_7928.jpeg

• 11Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he/she will grow into it?

I'm jealous that you live somewhere you can still have a fireplace going in late April (or it is an old pic I suppose). I'm struggling not to turn the AC on yet because once I do it will be on until maybe October :(