Prague

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Going for a couple nights with a friend. What should single, male 20-somethings do?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
There's a massive 5 level night club right by the Charles Bridge. Find a friendly Nigerian, way overpay for shitty ecstasy, and party until 6 am.

http://www.karlovylazne.cz/

Also, I took a tour of the Prague Underground around the main square that was fairly neat. There's catacombs or whatever you want to call them under and around the main square the buildings around it. I only partied the one night, so I didn't check out any of the other clubs or strip joints and the like, so I can't really offer much advice. The 5 layer club as we called it was pretty awesome, but maybe that was the MDMA talking.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
I spent a while there like 6 years ago, here's my best recollection:

Tourist stuff: Old Town Square, St. Charles Bridge (street performers and the like), Prague Castle, biking trip around the city

Food: Eat lots of pork knuckle and drink cheap beer. Have some absinthe while you're at it.

Regular clubbing: I honestly don't even remember where I went as I was drunk most of the time. If you're staying at a hostel or something, almost guaranteed someone staying there will be going out at some point so just follow them and pray it's not Hostel.

"Strip" clubs: There's a ton of them around Wenceslas Square. The most infamous one (6 years ago at least) is a place called Darlings. Almost every "strip" club in Prague is a front for a brothel - so ignore what Chris Rock says about the champagne room. Can have a fun time without partaking though - the women are (or were) generally ridiculously hot and blow American strippers out of the water.

Dangers: prague is full of pickpockets and other scammers. Be careful with your stuff, don't ever leave anything valuable out of your sight for even a second.

Vinen

God is dead
Traveling for work to Prague next week. Have more or less a full-day on my own Sunday followed by 5 evenings.

Any suggestions?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you go to a touristey restraunt, even if you dont eat out of the basket of bread they bring, youll be charged. Decline it when brought. Learned that with a friend in high school exchange trip 10 years ago.

Don't know how much is changed, but I enjoyed the hell out of cheap alchohol and local places to eat. Sausage ona bun w/ mustard, divine.

Vinen

God is dead
If you go to a touristey restraunt, even if you dont eat out of the basket of bread they bring, youll be charged. Decline it when brought. Learned that with a friend in high school exchange trip 10 years ago.

Don't know how much is changed, but I enjoyed the hell out of cheap alchohol and local places to eat. Sausage ona bun w/ mustard, divine.
The only starch I plan on consuming is beer. Thanks for the warning.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prague is awesome, definitely has the "traditional european city" feel to it. The beer is awesome, the % on the glass isn't alcohol though, it's gravity. The beer is tasty though....actually where is it not?

Again really depends on what you are interested in but there are plenty of:

-Castles
-Obviously go to "old town"
-churchs, other religious crap

adventure type stuff:
-they have mountain bike rentals nearby and you can go to one of the nearby national parks/protected areas. It's beautiful and you'll come across some traditional villages where no one speaks english
-There is a shooting range outside of the city where you can fire some badass weapons
-I believe they have an indoor skydiving windtunnel but I didnt get a chance to check it out myself

It's a bit of a hike but if you are motivated enough on Sunday you can take a train to one of the other nearby cities like Bratislava as well. Might be about 3-4 hours if memory serves though so it would take your entire Sunday.

Since you mostly just have evenings I would just try to find some local shit to do and always goto a new restaurant/bar. Look for places off the beaten path and get out of the tourist area....though have at least 1-2 nights of fun in Old town
smile.png

One thing I recommend, and yes I do it myself too, is to go on a "food tour" of every single city I visit/live in/whatever. I do this for a few major reasons.

1.) I love food and drink, worst case scenario I get to eat and maybe find a place to go back to later for lunch or dinner
2.) They usually take you to places in the city a bit out of the normal tourist area, though they typically hit that too. For instance in Sweden(stockholm) we started off in the middle of no where in the residential districts but ended up in their version of "old town". It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the general city layout, learn a little about the area, find some neat markets/places, and again...eat and drink
smile.png

3.) Most of the time its couples and strange folks, but I have met cool people on some of them. Even the ones where it's just couples/families they tend to be friendly enough. Surprisingly it's not all Americans, it's usually fairly mixed, though that may depend on tour company. I've made drinking buddies and even been on a date from one of them. Also found my apartment in Oslo that way!
4.) You can usually do it after work one night, I prefer one of my first nights in the city. This sort of helps you get your feet on the ground right away

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The old town is pretty cool, I stayed within walking distance of it.

The local food you should try is goulash and I liked it a lot.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind that everything doubles or triples in price around the Charles Bridge and surrounding area. Walk 5-10 minutes in any direction and things get more reasonable. I did a tour of the catacombs under the city that was pretty cool, there'll be dudes walking around in the main square handing out pamphlets. A bit tourist trap-ish, but my bud and I thought it was worthwhile. If you're looking for a party, then the 5 level club on the river a few blocks from the Charles Bridge is the place to go. When we went it was madness. Looked like the rave scene from the Matrix, but actually cool (although to be fair, we were pretty blitzed, so it might have been lame and we just didn't notice). Otherwise we only spent a couple days there so didn't have a chance to check a lot out.

The club:KARLOVY LAZNE

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Prague was dirt cheap, even in the "high end" stuff. I honestly thought the beer sucked compared to good Germans and Belgian beers, but they work good enough.

As for the city itself, it is very beautiful and great for a few days of tourist activities, but it's pretty lacking in the fun department, for me at least, but that's all opinionated. The John Lennon wall was neat, a few museums worth seeing, the castle and its big church were nice, as were all of the surrounding gardens in the area are all worth a visit.

Vinen

God is dead
Keep in mind that everything doubles or triples in price around the Charles Bridge and surrounding area. Walk 5-10 minutes in any direction and things get more reasonable. I did a tour of the catacombs under the city that was pretty cool, there'll be dudes walking around in the main square handing out pamphlets. A bit tourist trap-ish, but my bud and I thought it was worthwhile. If you're looking for a party, then the 5 level club on the river a few blocks from the Charles Bridge is the place to go. When we went it was madness. Looked like the rave scene from the Matrix, but actually cool (although to be fair, we were pretty blitzed, so it might have been lame and we just didn't notice). Otherwise we only spent a couple days there so didn't have a chance to check a lot out.

The club:KARLOVY LAZNE
Staying here:Google Maps

Near the Charles Bridge. Cheaper area I think? Or is this the same area really.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't know well enough to really comment definitively. I just remember grabbing a beer in a bar beside the Old Town square to watch some hockey and it was like 5-6 Euro, and later on grabbing a beer a 5-10 minute walk away and it was 2-3 Euro.

If you want to be a popular guy, wear a Hemsky or Jagr jersey or something. People will high five you all over the place.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Pilsner Urquell or bust, but some people find it too bitter. The price you aim for should be bellow 50 CZK ~ 2?, obviously you will pay more in the touristier areas.

If you need a day trip destination, go to Cesk? Krumlov, the historical centre is straight out of medieval fantasy, it's on a UNESCO heritage list. It's ~3 hours by bus from Prague, or Karlstejn, which is probably the most iconic czech castle besides the prague one. Or take a train to Brno, which is second biggest city, but it's more of a young people city with plenty of students and like 50% lower prices, the historical centre is also worth seeing. For bus/train tickets| STUDENT AGENCY | Letenky a j?*zdenkyis probably the best, but they only cover the major destinations.

As far as party places go, I can't serve you much I'm afraid, since I don't live in Prague and compared to the rest of the country, it's a lot more expensive.

If you have any questions, PM me

Vinen

God is dead
Pilsner Urquell or bust, but some people find it too bitter. The price you aim for should be bellow 50 CZK ~ 2?, obviously you will pay more in the touristier areas.

If you need a day trip destination, go to Cesk? Krumlov, the historical centre is straight out of medieval fantasy, it's on a UNESCO heritage list. It's ~3 hours by bus from Prague, or Karl?tejn, which is probably the most iconic czech castle besides the prague one. Or take a train to Brno, which is second biggest city, but it's more of a young people city with plenty of students and like 50% lower prices, the historical centre is also worth seeing. For bus/train tickets| STUDENT AGENCY | Letenky a j?*zdenkyis probably the best, but they only cover the major destinations.

As far as party places go, I can't serve you much I'm afraid, since I don't live in Prague and compared to the rest of the country, it's a lot more expensive.

If you have any questions, PM me
Wouldn't call it bitter, more burnt.
First glass was disgusting but its become tolerable to drink since then.

I haven't gotten out of the touristy areas due to time constraints so its' been ~80ish a glass.

redshift_sl

shitlord
Go here to drink absinthe -Hemingway Bar Prague - Cocktail bar in Prague
If you like high end (ie Michelin starred) food, go hereKalina restaurant, it's cheap and amazingly good. I was there last month and 4 people (pre booze) was around $120 USD for a meal that would have been easily over $400 in the states. Go here for cheaper foodAMBI LOKÁL. The Charles Bridge sucks, and the highlight of walking around Stare Mesto at night is picking out the hookers giving the girlfriend experience to fat tourists.