Prey

Cybsled

The fact they were back at camp says to me they were the least capable people or they were just there to process the hides/skins, not to hunt. An expedition of that size needs logistical support

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was just OK, better than The Predator but not by much. I think they should have cast a real Native American as the lead, I never bought that she was a real Indian. They also should have leaned more on practical effects, the cgi looked average at best. My other complaint is the scale of the fight scenes seemed to shift with no real rhyme or reason, one scene they are tied up to a tree with no one around and the next the predator is killing 10+ people with no set up to how they got there.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought it was just OK, better than The Predator but not by much. I think they should have cast a real Native American as the lead, I never bought that she was a real Indian.

Don't know if it's dumber that you're complaining it wasn't woke enough, or that you don't buy a native American as a native American.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
To me she didn't look or act like the rest of the native cast, i'm surprised she actually is native american. And you're right, wanting authenticity means I want a main character with blue hair in 1700.

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie ranks forth for me after rewatching. I don't think any of the AvP should be cannon

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Don't know if it's dumber that you're complaining it wasn't woke enough, or that you don't buy a native American as a native American.
Would of made more sense if he bitched about Comanche being portrayed as northern plains tribe.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Id rank it below Predator 1, 2, Predators (2010) but above The Predator )2018)

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think she’s like 1/4 Native American. But she’s basically a mutt.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
watch the end credits, there is a drawing (done in indian art pictorial style) of the indian village being surrounded by predator ships.

the likely scenario is that they came to retrieve their fallen comrades corpse, gave a weapon or shield or something to Naru as tribute for her warrior skills, and she gave them the pistol in exchange. It is the exact same pistol, people have screenshotted the inscription on the handle and its the same as in Predator 2.

Alternatively they wiped out the village for killing one of their young and took the pistol. That doesn't really jibe with the way they exchanged weapons with Glover though, so I think the first interpretation is correct.

I really wish they'd have had one final after-credits scene showing what happened. Would have been a great scene and this wasn't a movie that needed ambiguity or sequel-hinting at the end.

Know what sci-fi movie I wish would get a sequel? Life. That one ended on a cliffhanger but it actually made me want to see what'd happen next. Then...nothing.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The fact they were back at camp says to me they were the least capable people or they were just there to process the hides/skins, not to hunt. An expedition of that size needs logistical support
This. Overall, this was a good movie. Did not really get a big woke vibe off of it at all. Most of the bitching can be chalked up to this being probably from the looks of things a first time lesser teched out Predator, which is how you could probably explain his heat vision being inferior to the 20th century Preds we saw in older movies, among a few other things. Pretty well paced and decent action. Characters generally made intelligent and believable choices and deductions in the movie. Brother character was probably the most awesome part of the movie, aside from the trappers getting destroyed. Just like the original (and the Adrian Brody one), the character used their brains and agility to overcome the obstacle. Was pleasantly surprised by this, having finally seen it this weekend.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I really wish they'd have had one final after-credits scene showing what happened. Would have been a great scene and this wasn't a movie that needed ambiguity or sequel-hinting at the end.

That's a positive for them.

Make people wonder/debate what really happened while spending very little money and keeping it so open ended that they can turn it into whatever they want if they ever need to.