Primetime (2026)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
46,530
57,894
For a long time now there were a few stories floating around about Hansen getting overzealous at times and everything not always being on the up and up with the show but to flat out portray him as the villain is hilarious.
 

Caeden

Golden Baronet of the Realm
8,743
14,432
For a long time now there were a few stories floating around about Hansen getting overzealous at times and everything not always being on the up and up with the show but to flat out portray him as the villain is hilarious.
The catch here is that I don’t think a single target of the show was innocent. His zealousness was more like a vigilante. And I think it did result in some inadmissability or non-prosecutions but he batted 1.000 of creeps trying to show up to fuck a kid.
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
46,530
57,894
And I think it did result in some inadmissability or non-prosecutions
Some? The vast majority of the pedos he stung were never even charged with a crime, let alone convicted. How much of that is the fault of the prosecutors who declined to press charges rather than Hansen's fault would require digging a lot deeper than I'm prepared to. Ultimately his show was mostly just theater and he accomplished very little beyond his own self-aggrandizement, although what little positive he did achieve is still far more than most people ever do in their lives.
 

Juvarisx

Florida
6,370
9,110
There is a reason the police ask people to NOT do this now, and its because Joe Public will probably fuck it up, put themselves in danger, or do something stupid so the person can go free.

So the argument here is that Hanson in an effort to make it "bigger then lost" cared more if it was entertaining then if any pedos were actually convicted.

From NBC itself "The investigative television segment To Catch a Predator led to approximately 120 convictions out of roughly 200 indictments and 300 arrests" So they fucked up a vast majority of the cases. And this guy is a pedo because it portrays Hansen as someone who cared more for ratings then convictions.

This is very confusing,
 

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
28,792
21,877
I liked it. Solid performances all around.

Interesting take on the cynical entertainment industry. "Performative Justice". The show doesn't really care about child abuse as much as it cares about ratings which is quite relatable seeing as streamers are doing the same thing for views. More gross than pedos? Obviously not. But that's why it's impossible to give weight to the grossness of clout chasing vs the sickness of pedos. But good lord it's some alien world shit to be so removed from the actual victims.

I didn't see Hansen as a villian in the sense that he's a bad guy. He was pushed by the studio to create content! Patterson played give so fucking weird tho that I loved it.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
12,429
54,181
The catch here is that I don’t think a single target of the show was innocent. His zealousness was more like a vigilante. And I think it did result in some inadmissability or non-prosecutions but he batted 1.000 of creeps trying to show up to fuck a kid
Didn’t he incorporate the law into every episode? How could it be his fault when the legal system failed? He does not wield political power, the literal only thing he can do is shine light on it. I view any of the arguments that people make against him, in bad faith, at the least.
 

Caeden

Golden Baronet of the Realm
8,743
14,432
Didn’t he incorporate the law into every episode? How could it be his fault when the legal system failed? He does not wield political power, the literal only thing he can do is shine light on it. I view any of the arguments that people make against him, in bad faith, at the least.
The only downside is that they didn’t all get put down immediately once he found them.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user