Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

i played p99 for a long time. the problem in a nut shell is that the owners of the server are undoubtedly receiving perks either monetarily or who-knows-how from the RMT groups.

if anyone remembers Bob, i believe the toon abandoned the server in 2011. anyways, take a guess how much platinum went through his hands?

(if you're guessing under 500 million, you're wrong)

axeman_sl

shitlord
People always say P99 is rotten to the core, but the only indication of corruption I've ever seen was when Amelinda's name was mentioned in connection with something RMT-related. Nobody has ever provided any more evidence than that, as far as I'm aware. That really doesn't seem enough to conclude that the whole server is a festering pit of corruption and black marketing, and while it's known that RMT does exist, I'd like to see some evidence that there's an organized scheme behind the scenes before I can take all this shit seriously. "Corrupt as fuck" because one guide's name was once seen in some transaction receipt or something like that? Yeah... how about people actually provide something of real substance?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was a greedy server. The top guild typically had a clique that seemed to have enough greed to assume they were making money with items/plat. All in all, you expect that sort of thing to a degree, but I was always smirking when AoN's and shit seemed to go to the same guys to hold in the ole guild bank for raid use or whatever. Despite all that, it was a great server and I enjoyed the experience. Everquest needs greed and if you can have greed without staff corruption, well, you have everquest working as intended I think. Greed fuels the playerbase really.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Assuming and expecting doesn't prove anything. I haven't played regularly in over a year, but I never saw the slightest evidence of corruption. We knew there was some RMTing going on between players, but it wasn't enough to affect me in any way, nor has the economy ever crashed or anything. It just kind of pisses me off to see a growing rumour that P99 is somehow deeply corrupt and people implying that the whole staff team is behind it all, when really I've never seen anything remotely suggesting anything suspicious except the fact that somebody once (allegedly) saw Amelinda's real name on some paypal payment history sheet or something like that. If people want to accuse a whole server of being riddled with corruption, they'll have to back it up with something other than just accusations. This is the sort of shit that will make developers not bother releasing Velious, for instance, or might deter others from making new servers.

axeman I can't speak directly to tangible proof, but I can without a doubt tell you that SOME RMT'ers receive full bans/deletions when caught, others seem to just go on hiatus until the general pop. forgets about them.

the amount of obvious cheating, black marketing and so on is so rampant, that there is just no way to approach the situation without assuming someone deeply connected to the server isn't involved.

also, one other thing - if you ran a Vanilla-Your-Favorite-Game-Server and the mechanic you go to says "hey I played that game back in the day, ill do your oil changes free if you let me multi-box" - wouldn't you allow him? who gives a shit?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
No no Azeth, everyone has girlfriends and siblings that play with them, but never communicate with anyone.

Also: Lobster.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
The only "some RMTers" who were banned were the ones who weren't paying GM's to a cut of the profits. I was friends with someone who would regularly talk to Amelinda and would repeatedly get char names cleared from their private lists of revealed hackers using SEQ/MQ. I was probably one of the earliest to shit talk about how corrupt it was and no one bought it, until the shit hit the fan and things went public (to a degree). However, the server is legit if you are looking for some classic action, but high end RMT has always and probably will remain the dominant force on this server, and if you want to raid you probably can join TMO/FE but that means joining the absolute top dog.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Right, there was almost ALWAYS RMT when I played EQ in live, but I never knew of GMs being involved with the RMT people back in Live.

Rummel, Linse, Telen, all the big RMT guys from TZ (when I played), none of them ever were involved with the GMs. P99 you had Paymelinda, then you have people that get caught for bannable offenses that contribute large sums to server and somehow only get suspended for a few days, then certain people known for botting etc are able to do it for years +, known large scale RMT people allowed to operate for 2 years +, GMs having chars in guilds with multiple large scale RMT people, the only GM / Dev I would trust gets kicked off the team . . .

Its either inept, or corrupt. Take your pick. Neither is something I will put faith in.

penalty_sl

shitlord
I just assume the staff is involved to some degree because really.. who can say no to thousands of dollars at the expense of possibly pissing off some eq neckbeards.

yraapt_sl

shitlord
For leveling up and running dungeons P99 is a solid server. Unfortunately the raid/rmt scene is messed up. Aside from the Amelinda incident, I have not seen hard proof that the staff is involved. What is clear is that some people are making a lot of money off this server.

If you can ignore the RMT and don't want to raid the server can be a lot of fun. However if you keep leveling up you pretty much either have to join the RMT players in one of the top guilds or you have to pay the RMTers to get loot/epic.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
Rogean would be an idiot if he didn't cash in on the RMT. "Click Produce" Plat sell it for 3 dollars per 1k. Wtf are you REALLY that oblivious haha.
I am just guessing but I'd say hes made hundreds of thousands off you retards rofl.
I recently sold some characters I had sitting around. Made around $1,200. Hell if I quit the game and EQclassic.org comes out I might as well cash the fuck out.
Thanks

Rogean would be an idiot if he didn't cash in on the RMT. "Click Produce" Plat sell it for 3 dollars per 1k. Wtf are you REALLY that oblivious haha.
I am just guessing but I'd say hes made hundreds of thousands off you retards rofl.
I recently sold some characters I had sitting around. Made around $1,200. Hell if I quit the game and EQclassic.org comes out I might as well cash the fuck out.
Thanks
why do you post so demonstratively? do you have father issues?

it's okay though, we'll listen to you here. Go on.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Honestly with all the $ being thrown around I'm surprised sony hasnt shut the whole thing down. Sure theres no money being made out in the open, but theres obviously tons of money being made in secret.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Honestly with all the $ being thrown around I'm surprised sony hasnt shut the whole thing down. Sure theres no money being made out in the open, but theres obviously tons of money being made in secret.
Because the little effort it would take to prove the secret transactions is a lot more than what SoE would want to be doing right now. I can't see P99 hurting Lives numbers by any real margin.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
900+ more people playing live would help the numbers. Too bad we don't want to play EQ live.

Merquise_sl

shitlord
P99 seems to keep prices inflated to keep the RMTs going. I actually saw someone try to sell a Donal's BP for 5.5 mill last night. ROFL , pretty sure a donal's BP isn't worth a small economy car IRL.

Server is fun for nostalgia, but other then that I'd wait for eqclassic or EQ next.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
RMT doesn't really take away the fact that P99 is still the best server if you're looking to re-live the classic experience.

Also: it exists, unlike some other servers.