Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

They took my BFG !
frown.png
(

Siliconemelons

Wait they left bfg in and then took them away? Explain!
They should have "came to the conclusion" before release if they didn't want it...they know that EVERYTHING IS KNOWN so those "stupid easteregg" quests like the BFG are going to be widespread.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly. Guys, game is old, let it die. Move on with life. Reach for the sky, reach your goals, neckbeard basement minimum wage bros.
I reached all my goals, and I long for the neckbeard minimum wage times.. ahh such good times indeed. Real life isn't all its cracked up to be.

I would play a new MMORPG if they made one that wasn't trash. I tried WOW's latest expansion, the great new addition was farmville, LOL! FFXIV was disappointing. I think I'm becoming one of those cranky old neckbeards that won't be happy until EQ is remade exactly with new graphics.

koffin_sl

shitlord
I just got back onto P99 after many years of Netflix.
I rolled a rogue, am I ask fucked as we were back in the day?
You people still playing this shit? Or am I bound to play with randoms?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're a rogue. Go buy your epic for <20k or however cheap it is these days and win the game.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
rogues are more valuable than ever raid wise

kinda tough to start one untwinked but rogue epics are so damn cheap that if you plug away for a bit you're going to be geared to the teeth before you know it

rogue epics are so cheap that they get given away to noobs sometimes. start chatting up some friendly high level people from the big guilds and maybe you'll get lucky. =p

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Imagine if waking the sleeper caused an epic war between Kerafyrm and Mayong with whomever won having all zones populated with their denizens. Lvl 63, quad hitting and flurrying every fucker. It'd be a grand finale for the server.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah not classic from a mechanics sense, which makes it weird that Nilbog implemented it. but definitely classic from a feel sense.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Nilbog tends to be hardcore about making sure the game mechanics are classic. but this is 2015 and everyone has broadband internet / laptops that were supercomputers by 1999 standards / guides for every single encounter in the game / etc, which makes the game not feel very classic despite having classic mechanics.

there have been very few instances where Nilbog et al have implemented non-classic mechanics in an attempt to make the server feel more classic. the biggest example of a change like this is variance on the spawn timers of raid mobs. another example was how they nerfed the Fungus Covered Great Staff and binding in Timorous Deep so soon after launching Kunark -- i think TD binding got nerfed on P99 within a day or two of Kunark launch, whereas on live you had a much longer window than that. the difference being that back in 2000 when Kunark first launched, no one realized how OP firepot binding was or that it was going to be nerfed.

so classic mechanics /=/ classic feel

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
So after being without a computer for the last year, I just got a desktop back up and running. Someone talk me out of starting back up on this hellhole.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You couldn't hand in the rogue epic pre lvl 50 vanilla through Velious though you could delvl once you had one.

But a Quill should drop every time from the General in Kith.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Only took a year longer than planned. We talked about this back in Jan 2014 before I left the staff and they planned on changing it then. Wonder why it took so long. Kinda of pointless now.