Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh I thought for sure someone already would have the ports so scumbag guilds could go kill raid bosses hour 1

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
EQ000005.png

EQ000002.png

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I gotta work tomorrow and had limited time tonight..it kinda sucked. You gotta have a freaking werewolf tooth or something to get a port to GD unless someone was fucking with me pretty well. Oh or you could take the boat, but nahhhhhhhh. Was only on for 30 mins or so and can't stay up any later tonight. I will definitely check it out tomorrow though.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Hah all those years hard work on Velious and it gets dominated on day 1 by Kunark gear. Great job mob tuning Rogean.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm betting mobs were tuned fine, but it's the long wait that caused it. Everyone was best in slot, guilds raided with huge numbers as people came back to do content they'd been waiting for for years. I mean there's only so much you can do, either Vulak is impossible for a 50 man raid or it get's steamrolled by a 120 man raid. I heard the AoW wipe was really only because so many people engaged they started to desync.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I think you say that because you have a dog in the fight. Vulak down on day one to people only wearing "maxed out" kunark gear is a joke. I did consider coming back to gear up and raid, no longer considering that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think you say that because you have a dog in the fight. Vulak down on day one to people only wearing "maxed out" kunark gear is a joke. I did consider coming back to gear up and raid, no longer considering that.
I've never played on P99, I've just got a lot of pals who do. He's really not a hard fight. Dodge AE, and don't run out of mana for the cheal chain = win. Plus they have pre nerf Donal's bp's right? If anything they could have nerfed that pre launch (even though the true timeline nerfed it after).

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Vulak isn't that hard and I'm willing to bet they had probably 60 to 70 people fully geared and the strategy wasn't anything new, unlike the old days of 40ish people on 56k and Pentium3s.

The only real gear check mob is AoW.

Siliconemelons

Yeah I think the only mobs not killed where turnare (time sink, I am sure ramp or someone will kill tonight) and AoW... did someone get lord yili? Also st of courses didn't get pwned yet bc keyblock.

Kinda sad...

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I expected AoW to die on the first day too, they should of learned the lesson in Fear that you can't have 200+ in a zone without desyncs.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I remember correctly , AoW was more about luck in the beginning, it could 1 shot a tank if it had the right hits, even with a tight CH rotation.