Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
really interesting thread over at the P99 forumshttp://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=114759

a guy started it saying "hey GMs -- i will reveal exploits to you in exchange for you un-banning my old cleric account"

everyone else on p99 said "yeah right, attention whore"

so the guy says "just wait, tonight at 8PM in EC i'll show you"

bunch of people show up, and sure enough he uses a trick to throw hundreds of Throwing Knives per second, and uses it to take down a level 30-40 guard with a level 4 character. twitch stream here:http://www.twitch.tv/enr4ged/c/2567840

then the P99 GMs publically get pretty irate towards him for going public with the shit.

also, lots of TMO conspiracy theories in the thread, like always.

fairly entertaining shit.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched the whole stream. He didn't have shit but MQ2 cracks. Sirken and Rogean caught him in multiple lies and made a fool out of him.

TLDR: most underwhelming drama ever.

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
Here's a classic experience:

Ran to highkeep, made sure not kos to guards, looked for safe place to bind. "Oh hey behind the banker."

So mem bind, cast it, bind there. Go to use banker, bank window opens, can see bags, etc. Seconds later banker is kicking my ass. You think, OK maybe he accidently autoattacked. Good thing just bound nearby!

Respawn, banker aggro from across room (she didn't aggro before - I had plenty of time to cast bind, then run up to her and open bank window with no aggro). Die 2 more times before can exit game out of death loop.

Edit: well I was able to finally run out after only 6 deaths, and 4 yellows of exp. A cheap lesson for EQ, maybe.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
This DDoS crap is getting old. QQ i know, but sucks since this was one of the few weekends I've actually been able to play. Oh well, back to RL.

Wizerud_sl

shitlord
Server and forums completely down right now.

EDIT: Aaand it's back, new patch deployed earlier today also. Update your spell file if you didn't already.

Ryoz

<Donor>
So it's been a couple years since I've played... where are some decent places to level 50+? Put a group together in KC but it was just awful. Maybe I don't remember what knightlife is like at 51.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
51+ is all hell levels, with a few double hell levels mixed in (54 and 59). 51+ exp just sucks. Best bet is to duo if you want to max exp but depends on your makeup. But its going to be slow for a hybrid no matter how you shake it. I go out of my way to avoid grouping in KC though, not because the exp sucks, but because I despise the zone.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
So it's been a couple years since I've played... where are some decent places to level 50+? Put a group together in KC but it was just awful. Maybe I don't remember what knightlife is like at 51.
I haven't played in awhile either but what was true on live is still the same here afaik. KC isn't the best exp but its probably the easiest place to get pugs in for a couple more levels then move on to Sebilis. If you have some people to play with though go to the Hole, Chardok or Charasis for some good leveling.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Actually Karnor's is great exp for the low 50s if it's not so crowded that you can find enough mobs. (big if) There just aren't very many options for the low 50s; you really want to hit the mid 50s before doing Seb and Chardok. The reason why is that killing low blues gives you the most exp per unit time because the amount of effort it takes to kill a high blue isn't fully compensated for exp wise.

There are a few mob levels where mob damage output and hit points jump up quite a bit; level 40 being the most noticeable, also ~level 50. The best exp in the game for upper 40s characters is the southeast corner of CoM because almost all the mobs there are in the upper 30s range. (also the slight ZEM) Deeper CoM is also good for low 50s people, but again the problem is the zone can't accommodate many groups. Karnor's doesn't hard light blue out until 56 or so, but Seb and Chardok never light blue beyond a few mobs, even at 60. After Karnor's, disco in Seb is the next good exp camp, as the mobs there tend to be a little bit lower level than the rest of the zone so you can kill more of them.

I hit 60 and quit long before The Hole opened up, but that zone could be good exp, albeit more dangerous; it has a nice ZEM. One trick people used to do on live was make a level 1 brell cleric and use that to drag corpses because brell clerics weren't KOS. Dunno if that works on p99.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I watched the whole stream. He didn't have shit but MQ2 cracks. Sirken and Rogean caught him in multiple lies and made a fool out of him.

TLDR: most underwhelming drama ever.
I made a point to sit down with him and try to get everything out of him.

I said to be there at 8:30, he pushed back to 10:30.

I waited till 10:36 and said fuck this. Can't be late for your Dr's appointment.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, just duo efreeti 51-60. It's by far the best exp you'll get. HS solo for certain classes (nec/shm) works, can also solo LDCs up til about 57/58 for good xp. Druids solo in perma pits quite a bit if they got the balls to charm.

Err, you're a knight, so you're kind of dead weight on a duo/trio...

If you're a tank and going for a full group, chardok fort entrance is very safe and easy. HS West with a competent puller is also fantastic. Seb/KC xp kinda sucks dick, but you can mix it up there if you'd like :p HS pulling is going to be a bit harder now, now that invis (and IVU) pulling has been fucked as per last patch. Probably should've hoarded some fungus tunics for a few months, but I haven't been in the plat game for almost a year now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
new patch on P99 yesterday. most notable changes are --Nerf to invis pulling --Nerf to rogue hide/sneak (see invis now sees through hide/sneak) --Nerf to Blue Diamond jewelry

so now Myconid Spore King isn't really duoable. gonna be interesting to see what (if anything) happens to the price of Fungi Tunics.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
Despite my long-standing relationship with Mr. Google he was not able to guide me in the right direction. And I've always been scared of pirates, with their eye-patches, parrots and stuff :-( But in this case a horde of ninjas hoarded the treasure and are selling it for outrageous prices. So it's pirates versus ninjas!

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Kegz stop DDOSing p99 forums and server just because no one is playing on your piece of shit project.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Despite my long-standing relationship with Mr. Google he was not able to guide me in the right direction. And I've always been scared of pirates, with their eye-patches, parrots and stuff :-( But in this case a horde of ninjas hoarded the treasure and are selling it for outrageous prices. So it's pirates versus ninjas!
It's called Torrent. Just google EQ Titanium Torrent and you should find one.