Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Madikus

Knows nothing.
This. If you arn't smart enough to realize you have to / all people your not going to make it! Add everyone thats good to your friends list then you can just / all friend
I'm in my 30's and have literally done this since about level 4. I have a pretty deep list and at any time of day I can pretty much / all friends and get into a group immediately.

Don't suck and people friend you back and send you tells for groups too. It's really not rocket surgery.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also helpful to try and get buffs if you are in EC. Druid thorns are god mode at early levels.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Whats funny is after running an orc1 group for about 5 hours one day, I had people sending me tells the next day asking if a group was going. So you build up group contacts, and I think that's how community in EQ1 developed.

This being an emu though, I think you won't get the full eq1 experience. I expect that as you level out of an area, you lose track of most of the people you were leveling with and have to start over due to high turnover on emu, esp. going from low to mid levels, then mid levels to 50+.
I actually saw a lot of the same faces from about 20 to 50 when I played Vanilla P99. It wasn't a bad community.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno, there was always Fish Bait if you were looking for a shitty community in Classic. Something for everyone I guess :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i suspect that the P99 devs are really taking their time on Velious because they want to make sure that its perfect at launch. it is going to be the server's swan song, after all.

that said, i have a feeling it will come out this fall.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
more excited for the 2 years after velious release calls for server wipe or relaunch tbh

not even velious can save how bad p99 has become with the retarded item saturation, your talking about guilds with every cleric having donals

every melee 50+ having a CoF, entire raid forces in vp gear........

shits not tite imo cant wait for relaunch

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Looking to try P99 since it launched and I was wondering what classes seem to be rare and in demand. Mainly looking at either an SK or Bard, but would play monk/rogue or a caster. I assume clerics are in demand too. I don't plan to taking raiding seriously, just want to get some good ol fashion groups going.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looking to try P99 since it launched and I was wondering what classes seem to be rare and in demand. Mainly looking at either an SK or Bard, but would play monk/rogue or a caster. I assume clerics are in demand too. I don't plan to taking raiding seriously, just want to get some good ol fashion groups going.
with a community this in-the-know you're not going to find many in demand classes. getting groups will depend way more on your skill and friendliness. you have to make yourself in demand no matter the class.

edit: here's a recent thread detailing population breakdowns -http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94797

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
For a healing class, not taking the game super seriously, I'd think it's hard to beat a shaman. You can heal for exp groups (+slow) as well as have some limited solo ability. With a cleric you'd be limited to undead to solo, but can help your group break camps with lull. (Druid healing falls off badly in 30's, not recommended unless you want to solo from that point)

Starting a tank class from scratch might be tough - gear seems to be pretty expensive on p99. A bard can aoe kite and level very quickly after 18, but it might be a struggle to get to 18 first, and even with the levels you'll be pretty useless without skills to a group.

It's much more common to twink a melee class than a healer class, so I'd expect to see twink melees / untwinked casters needing a healer for groups more than healers looking for a tank, making a healer (shaman/cleric) a great choice for someone who wants to put exp groups together.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Really worrying how Sirken completely fails to understand the source of the age-old P99 content problem and thinks it's up to the players to solve the problem of there not being enough content in the game. They've done nothing to try to emulate the fact that EQ had like two dozen servers, but they refuse to accept responsibility for the problems created by this and are just blaming the players. It has been such a blemish on the server ever since it was started, and the GMs have never understood or been willing to acknowledge that the problem isn't caused by players being petulant. Of course classic EQ GMs didn't step in to mediate anything, they didn't need to. The problem is P99's, not Everquest's. What does he want players to do? There isn't enough content for them and there's only one server. They have no way to "deal with it" other than to do what so many others have done: quit playing. Is that their goal?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I tried leveling up a paladin on P99. It was impossible finding groups because Crushbone was filled with a bunch of druids PLing other characters and there weren't any for orc camps in ECommons. :\

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Watching tiggles stream TMO kills... is pretty ridiculous. Dracolich/cazic thule dead in under 10 seconds? Do you even bring clerics to raids at that point?

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
A fresh P99 server would be a lot of fun, it's a shame that they still guard their db/code so jealously even after so many years.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Server getting ddos'd
frown.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Samwise :3 It's good to see another P99er.

also vaz, but he likely sold that damn forum account too ><