Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rogean repopped the entire server at ~8:30 tonight - I'm guessing to make it so ppl don't need to poopsock during Christmas day.
Project 1999 Raid Target Tracker | Whats the raid scene look like? Take a peeklooks beautiful today
smile.png

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you charm the right giants they sure as hell do, keep in mind you don't need any other dps besides charm pets. Donals nerf would be an issue unless you have mad necros. We would kill aow on eq Mac with Enchs and only 5 clerics. That was @ 65, so it depends on your enchs ability to keep aow tanked 100% of the time and cleric mana pool. Tanking with a warrior makes it way harder.

Of corse this all depends on how they code the expansion and mobs. No matter, it will be a crazy release day
EQmac with non era specific gear, AAs, level 65, more mana, more HP, updated spells..... the list goes on.

Ryoz

<Donor>
The server's underlying problem is that Everquest isn't an unknown anymore. Everything is known about every single encounter. There is no guesswork, and very little effort is required. Part of what made EQ fun was having to actually try.
The bigger issue is that original eq had roughly 630 days between the release of classic and velious. Were currently at 1,547 days on P99. You know how badly that has fucked with the economy? Allowing the top guilds to farm over 900 additional days worth of cure shields and prayers of life.

One guy on the foh forums predicted this years ago. I don't know how things are at present on P99 but hopefully there's a rotation. It's the only fair way to administer this content given the loopholes that exist on this server.

Heartbrand_sl

shitlord
Red Dawn recruiting on Red99,Red Dawntons of EXP groups going with the current 25% exp bonus on top of reds natural 200% bonus + scaling level bonus. Looking for all classes, but particularly Clerics / Wizards / Rogues.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lol, yeah, that video is gold

"The A-Team will have epics!"

"It's okay, Knix, the GMs still like you."

shan7_sl

shitlord
Red Dawn recruiting on Red99,Red Dawntons of EXP groups going with the current 25% exp bonus on top of reds natural 200% bonus + scaling level bonus. Looking for all classes, but particularly Clerics / Wizards / Rogues.
Isnt heartbrand that dude who stripped a bunch of chars he had access to?

What reassurances can you give that your guild wont be another TMO debacle? Or even that you may or may not be trusted?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
IIRC Heartbrand was always on red99. He was Holocaust I think for awhile, and got a little crazy trying to overthrow nihilum.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ i'm glad

i actually have the time to devote to being in one of the uberguilds on P99, and i still don't want to bother. parking my warrior out at a raid mob for 4+ days a week just so i can get woken up in the middle of the night to participate in a 45 second zergrush sounds... very, very unfun.

Siliconemelons

carebear rotation inc. Dictated by the most retarded people on the server and guilds who can't do jack nor shit.. Its literally like letting the 'tard home run the government.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
parking my warrior out at a raid mob for 4+ days a week just so i can get woken up in the middle of the night to participate in a 45 second zergrush sounds... very, very unfun.
You forgot the 2 minute prep while watching the other guild like a hawk, only to be pressured into pulling the boss early and wiping, then watching your competition curbstomp you.

I can't believe I ever allowed myself to participate in this, even for a second. It was, without a doubt, the least "fun" I ever had in any MMO I've ever played. The worst part is that things only escalated to this point because a bunch of zerglings couldn't agree to a rotation on content that is firmly ensconced in the who-gives-a-fuck column at this point.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
^ i'm glad

i actually have the time to devote to being in one of the uberguilds on P99, and i still don't want to bother. parking my warrior out at a raid mob for 4+ days a week just so i can get woken up in the middle of the night to participate in a 45 second zergrush sounds... very, very unfun.
But it's classic! Don't you want that classic experience 4 years into an EMU expansion!

Good change. It's way overdue. I expect major butthurt from those Krazy Kids who can't cockblock EMU content from those dirty casuals anymore. The amusing thing is if they really wanted competition they'd be on red.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forgot the 2 minute prep while watching the other guild like a hawk, only to be pressured into pulling the boss early and wiping, then watching your competition curbstomp you.

I can't believe I ever allowed myself to participate in this, even for a second. It was, without a doubt, the least "fun" I ever had in any MMO I've ever played. The worst part is that things only escalated to this point because a bunch of zerglings couldn't agree to a rotation on content that is firmly ensconced in the who-gives-a-fuck column at this point.
It was fun for awhile in vanilla when all we had was CT, Inny, Nagafen and Vox. But I was very surprised that everyone was still so into it when I came back and played for a few weeks in August/September. I was in Karnor's one afternoon when Venril spawned and it was dead before I even figured out what everyone was yelling about.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Having ~6-7 guilds with tons of capped chars wanting to raid (because of a 2+ year old expansion) plus the top guild having enough geared out level 60 Alts to log out at every contested spawn is also Not Classic.

I was on a big EQ server and we never had more than 3 guilds competing for the bleeding edge raid content because expansions were released in a timely manner.