Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Having ~6-7 guilds with tons of capped chars wanting to raid (because of a 2+ year old expansion) plus the top guild having enough geared out level 60 Alts to log out at every contested spawn is also Not Classic.

I was on a big EQ server and we never had more than 3 guilds competing for the bleeding edge raid content because expansions were released in a timely manner.
So somehow making it more non-classic is a good solution? They should shut down red and open another blue server, they'd probably have a net gain on players.

Siliconemelons

Rogean posted his "solution" that is not "enforced" etc etc

some really odd rotation with mob kill caps (2? wtf) etc.

Carebear server has arrived- everyone start their own little guilds and get a peice of the pie

Siliconemelons

Its all kind of crazy...

I really dont care at this point about kunark and what happens between now and velious with this rotation or that lockout etc. Velious I hope has a classic outlook spawn variance and raid rules.. there is so much there that rotation and crap will get to be insane, esp with the large number of "raid guilds" on p99

I really do appreceate the server, I have been on it forever- I have seen the raid scene change and evolve but its always been vile and cunning- rules will always get lawyered around... and I feel that is what needs the most change is a complete set in stone by the head staff ruleset... not a rotation, or system of giving this that and the other to A or B or limiting this or that.

I will play, I hope I can play more come velious.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
holy fuck did the new Raid Discussion forum just give me a headache
Cliff Notes, please.

If they are trying to make the server more friendly for smaller guilds, I'm all for that. Hopefully they'll get rid of variance and make some changes to prevent cockblocking by asswipes just to be asswipes.

I'm not a long term player though. The length of time of on Kunark, the chaos, bugs, and exploits have screwed this server up so bad, It'd be nice for a fresh server, especially with Velious coming to allow for a clean slate, and not try and fight the raid battles against the people who bought/traded/leveled multiple 60s loaded with gear.

I've enjoyed my time here and appreciate the server, but really I killed all of Kunark mobs in 2000. I'm not going to fight to do it on an EMU server again, and if others want that 'experience' more power to them. Fuck that noise.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
They just need another blue server at this point. When like half of the server is trying to kill 12 raid mobs it leads to horseshittery.

Then again my highest is a lvl 41 monk so I got no real dog in this hunt and the neckbeard tears are sweet.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
They just need another blue server at this point. When like half of the server is trying to kill 12 raid mobs it leads to horseshittery.
The current server is very full and very stale now. They badly need to open another blue server. They could easily fill another, if not two other, blue servers with just the people that have quit because of stale content progression and a cockblocked raid scene. Just opening a new server brings people out of the woodwork (for those that remember the Live days) due to the excitement of all new player firsts and the opportunity to start on a fresh server.

If Rogean was smart, he would use the new blue server as the impetus for a donation drive, saying something like 'ok guys, I know there is big demand for a new server, but that costs money to initiate and maintain. If we get X money in donations by X date, I'll open a new server.' Everyone wins this way

bozeugene

Trakanon Raider
i dream to still have time to replay everquest, but wife + baby since this old good time make this dream impossible :-(

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Cliff Notes, please.

If they are trying to make the server more friendly for smaller guilds, I'm all for that. Hopefully they'll get rid of variance and make some changes to prevent cockblocking by asswipes just to be asswipes.
Seems to me you Cliff Noted it just fine in your second sentence. It's all about cockblocking by asswipes, just because they wanted to be asswipes back in 2000 but were being cockblocked by other asswipes back then. Now, they have their chance at the top of the hill. Never mind that the hill is nearly flat, right?

Siliconemelons

Seems to me you Cliff Noted it just fine in your second sentence. It's all about cockblocking by asswipes, just because they wanted to be asswipes back in 2000 but were being cockblocked by other asswipes back then. Now, they have their chance at the top of the hill. Never mind that the hill is nearly flat, right?
indeed...

3ish hour window to promote parrallel spawns - refined FTE and some changes to play nice policies- along with velious and the epic mob changes (should be done soon after vel) will solve this problem. high end guilds will be racing always for the ST key dragons and high end stuff, NTOV, Kings and AoW - that really is pleanty- and if any of those are up- with a lower priority target guess what? thats when the other guilds let them race and go off to kill vindi, lozzy, velk, lord bob, fish dragon, WToV named...shit thats only in Vel- there will be tons of classic and kunark stuff for them to kill.

But if we keep long windows and variance the one-at-a-time spawn nature keeps up- guess what- a lockdown of mobs its easyer and will happen...thus requireing this carebare agreement...

as i said, do whatever untill velious...at that time keep the agreement in kunark and classic but leave velious free

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Cliff Notes, please.
i can't even

all the raid agreement proposals are so convoluted

i was wrong about the golden age of P99 approaching. i fear the server is about to enter the age of the young lawyer (worse than before).

here's the link to the new raid discussion forum. anyone can read, only selected guild representatives can post.Raid Discussion - Project 1999

2002User

Whole server suspended from raiding until you agree to play it non-classic.

What a fucking shit box lmao.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

The whole server is already non classic because Velious has been delayed so long - that's what caused these issues.

Even if Velious was on time, eventually it would have happened there. The whole issue with these "Classic" servers is eventually everyone who wants to raid is going to catch up to the endgame because after Velious that's it, no more new content. They'd need to keep creating new Classic servers that start over every couple years or the single server will get so top heavy that it will kill itself.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

for once i almost agree with you. the server-wide raid suspension is so dumb.

i saw a bit on Futurama last night where the two kids are fighting over a ball, so Nixon/Agnew come over and pop the ball by ripping it in half... to "solve" the argument.

and i laughed at the parallel.

2002User

The whole server is already non classic because Velious has been delayed so long - that's what caused these issues.

Even if Velious was on time, eventually it would have happened there. The whole issue with these "Classic" servers is eventually everyone who wants to raid is going to catch up to the endgame because after Velious that's it, no more new content. They'd need to keep creating new Classic servers that start over every couple years or the single server will get so top heavy that it will kill itself.
Buying/selling accounts for platinum being allowed (not classic) accelerated the problem. Even after it was disallowed the damage had already been done. With the shitty pathing outlined in the last page or so (pulling named to seb entrance) and farming plat trivially, it was a joke to monopolize the raid scene.

The server has come a long way but there are so many problems that plague the server to this very day. They should just launch a new server for people to play on if they so choose, and leave the old one up too.

Also, raid suspending the server is a laugh. The staff has abused their power since day 1. You could just tell how fucking smug Sirken was in his broadcasts saying the suspension was in effect. I just never thought the abuse would never get this blatant. It's pretty fucking sad.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's their server, and we don't pay for it, so they can do whatever they want.
indeed. i'm not going to get up in arms and rant about it all on their forums. if people enjoy this flavor of everquest, then more power to them. i enjoyed my grind towards the top, but now that i'm level 58 and as maxed out with gear as i can be without selling my life to the game.... eh. very bad aftertaste left in my mouth.

i will come back when Velious hits, so i can do group content and finish my last two levels... but unless the new raid scene changes get a lot simpler i can't forsee myself ever willingly dealing with the headache of all these endgame politics.

my guild <Azure Guard> seems to still be the perfect place for me. i can't forsee us ever dealing with tracksocking, but hopefully Nemce, Dulas, Yaolin, and Phiren can negotiate a nice enough niche that they will continue being able to get the most possible out of the game without treating it like its a job.