Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I ran MQ2 on KPemu. I probably used it at its most basic level. It was just easier to use a global hotkey to have your box toons cast / heal instead of alt-tabbing through windows. For this reason alone, I liked it.

I know MQ2 goes far beyond that and can fully automate. I didn't have any interest in all of that.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
MQ2 is fun but I only use it on servers that allow it nowadays. I never really got into full automation but like Jysin said it's nice to control only 1 window and be able to use hotkeys to have your melee boxes assist, clerics heal you, etc.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
MQ2 and ShowEQ on P99 was awesome until it was detectable. Then wa$ time to leave P99 for good.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lets be honest, the best feature of MQ2 for boxing is the "/stick" command! Holy hell is the game's default /autofollow horrible.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I really hate boxing. It ruins community and I don't find it fun in anyway. It's just a hassle. I'd way rather just control one character.
Boxing is the only way I can enjoy EQ these days. The gameplay is so primitive with one character, it's only marginally more interactive than simply watching somebody play. Even if you play a mechanically interactive class like bard, you're still just going through a mindless routine. Nothing is difficult, it just takes a long time to grind and camp shit. Boxing makes it interesting and challenging.

I don't give a shit about community. P99's community is utter garbage, it's mostly a flock of socially handicapped people whose motivation for playing is the ability to exclude other players from content so they can feel like winners. My dream is for P99 to go open source so I can just run my own offline server and 6-box when I'm bored. Playing EQ like a genuine single-character MMORPG in 2015 is for special people.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Boxing is the only way I can enjoy EQ these days. The gameplay is so primitive with one character, it's only marginally more interactive than simply watching somebody play. Even if you play a mechanically interactive class like bard, you're still just going through a mindless routine. Nothing is difficult, it just takes a long time to grind and camp shit. Boxing makes it interesting and challenging.

I don't give a shit about community. P99's community is utter garbage, it's mostly a flock of socially handicapped people whose motivation for playing is the ability to exclude other players from content so they can feel like winners. My dream is for P99 to go open source so I can just run my own offline server and 6-box when I'm bored. Playing EQ like a genuine single-character MMORPG in 2015 is for special people.
I really have debated running a localhost so i do not have to deal with any part of humanity when playing. I love the game ,i love the content, but fuck most people.

Siliconemelons

MQ2 or ShowEQ "cheating" is bad imo and automating boxing kinda takes away.. I don't mind 1-2 boxes done "naturally" as it is kinda fun and I did do it on live with SK + Shaman it was fun going back and forth and the difficulty kinda enhances the gameplay aspect and risk v reward

Xeldar

Silver Squire
My testicles are starting to bang my knees. I'd much rather deal with the 405 in rush hour than 3+box with MQ.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, multi-boxing isn't fun to me. The alt tabbing and having to rig your hotbars/macros to similar lines for muscle memory just annoys me. Maybe if I had IS Boxer it'd be less gay.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've never MQ'ed but I have driven on the 405 (I take I-5 right now mostly though) and that's some pretty bad traffic let me tell you.

radditsu

Yea, multi-boxing isn't fun to me. The alt tabbing and having to rig your hotbars/macros to similar lines for muscle memory just annoys me. Maybe if I had IS Boxer it'd be less gay.
People Alt+tab? I run everything from the shadowknight.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Doesn't that take MQ2/IS Boxer? Can't imagine how you send commands to other clients without them. Just operating everyone from one client is really the only way to make it slightly OK, but on live all classes have 60+ abilities and on p99 it's forbidden.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I could probably set something up on my logitech to alt tab and put in multiple commands at the press of a button in a split second.

radditsu

Doesn't that take MQ2/IS Boxer? Can't imagine how you send commands to other clients without them. Just operating everyone from one client is really the only way to make it slightly OK, but on live all classes have 60+ abilities and on p99 it's forbidden.
Eqbcs //keypress commands macros etc