Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Are you aware that this link cannot be viewed without (I assume) creating a profile?
Brings you 1 step closer to a true armor class experience.

For the trolls who truly believe with their tinfoil hats strapped tightly to their head that The Sleeper or its crew would be involved in any sort of illegal activity is absolutely idiotic, it was only a month ago that we discovered a 0day which would have allowed usfull access to the p99 server, instead we reported it directly to their devs and it was patched. Sorry we're not the bad guys you wish we were. Now if you don't mind we'll get back to open sourcing classic EQ so we can give anyone the ability to run a classic / kunark / velious server, but please do continue;

rrr_img_36783.jpg

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
Brings you 1 step closer to a true armor class experience.

For the trolls who truly believe with their tinfoil hats strapped tightly to their head that The Sleeper or its crew would be involved in any sort of illegal activity is absolutely idiotic, it was only a month ago that we discovered a 0day which would have allowed usfull access to the p99 server, instead we reported it directly to their devs and it was patched. Sorry we're not the bad guys you wish we were. Now if you don't mind we'll get back to open sourcing classic EQ so we can give anyone the ability to run a classic / kunark / velious server, but please do continue;
Was that an answer to my question? If so I didn't get it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You gotta wait bub.

Their hands are full with Rogean and the other guys "upstairs" handling this DDOS thing and the GMs are busy resolving petitions as a result of it.

Use a proxy or something in the mean time.

But you hear me good. Don't think you're slick at any point and 2 box. I've seen enough sob stories.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
If kegz spent 10% of the time he spends making retarded posts with unfunny wanna-be meme actually working on his server it might not have failed so hard.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
How about SK instead of warrior? We won't be doing any twinking so getting the warrior a set of nice weapons may not be easy. Also, at low levels cleric rez is pretty bad, IIRC, so that doesn't change much.
If you plan to get anywhere near level 50 and beyond, then I would concur with a tank + cler + ench setup. With that trio, you fill all three of the non-dps roles, so you can just pick up random DPSers to fill your groups, which will be easy. The problem is if you don't pick up DPS, then your kill rate will be slow. You need to add DPS to your group to really shine. Add a shaman and two rogues and you'll just destroy any dungeon.

Druids are terrible for groups after the 30s. I played a druid to 60, but I did a lot of soloing. If dungeon crawling is the goal, then don't roll a druid.

If you don't intend to play past level 50, then other options become available. A group of three magicians will do very very well in classic, particularly in outdoor zones. Three magicians would outlevel any other group of three, but pets lose a lot of power in kunark. You could trio some classic (pre-kunark) dungeons if you play well.

If you insist on staying a trio and not fill out groups, then you could also do something like monk shaman DPS.

As for tanks, it's really a matter of preference. Knights have some clear advantages over warriors. You really, really need procing weapons on p99 as a warrior. If you go the warrior route, then your group will have to pool their money together to buy weapons for your warrior tank as soon as possible. Even with procing weapons, aggro will be an issue. On the other hand, knights will aggro anything to them like glue for free, and you'll have clarity on him with an enchanter. (clarity is important for knight tanks because it's standing regen) My personal preference is for an Ogre SK tank. Knights just make things so much smoother, although he'll level slow as fuck.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
For the trolls who truly believe with their tinfoil hats strapped tightly to their head that The Sleeper or its crew would be involved in any sort of illegal activity is absolutely idiotic,
rrr_img_36783.jpg
Im jealous that you live somewhere that weed is legal =(

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What would you guys recommend for a trio that wants to do dungeons? I readthisthread at the P1999 board but I'm puzzled that mez is not mentioned at all. Isn't mez pretty important for CC or am I remembering things wrong? We will probably never get past the low levels (20-30-40), it just takes too much time (my perfect server would be P1999 with 10x times xp and more drops).

I was thinking monk (tank), enchanter (CC, slow, haste), druid (heal, snare). It does lack dps though... We MAY get a 4th player in which case I would add a mage for dps.
If you guys really want to have fun and get fast exp then build a charm group; mage, enc, druid would do nicely in most situations, could even roll with 2 chanters if you feel adventurous. Charm killing is some of the most fun I ever had in EQ, did lguk farming and 50-60 charming on my necro on p99... good times.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Kegz does not have time to worry about shitty emu servers that don't open source.
Only shitty EMU servers that do open source?

it was only a month ago that we discovered a 0day which would have allowed usfull access to the p99 server, instead we reported it directly to their devs and it was patched.
LOL riiiiight.

Now if you don't mind we'll get back to open sourcing classic EQ so we can give anyone the ability to run a classic / kunark / velious server, but please do continue;
Please do, please stay so busy there that you never come back here.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Warrior is ok, except for the fact that armor only provides visuals and pluses to stats, AC doesn't work on any emulated server except ours, nice rundown on it here:https://epicemu.com/forum/ac-dynamic-hit-modification

Granted a warrior is a good tank, on P99 your armor is just a nice visual, doesn't actually stop the mob from hitting you as often or for as much.
this got fixed a long time ago

Kegz_sl

shitlord
this got fixed a long time ago
This is not true, our team parsed EQ live, EQ Mac, P99, and default EQEmu, a level 10 and a level 60 will get hit for the same amount and have the same hit chance from an orc centurion in crushbone, when a level 60 should take far less damage if ever even get hit by a low level mob. Unfortunately most emu servers utilize the built in HitChance percentage in the database, which does not regard AC at all.

Feel free to prove me wrong by taking some damage parse logs and posting them here so others can see that the hit chance and damage are actually effected by AC, even using the above scenario.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If you guys really want to have fun and get fast exp then build a charm group; mage, enc, druid would do nicely in most situations, could even roll with 2 chanters if you feel adventurous. Charm killing is some of the most fun I ever had in EQ, did lguk farming and 50-60 charming on my necro on p99... good times.
Enchanter, druid, cleric is probably the best trio in the game.

Complete heal for charmed pets (druid can charm situationally too), clarity, haste, slow, stuns, snare, invis, evac, hp buffs, ports, sow... Can take any camp in the game easy.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is not true [blah, blah, blah]
Really? From my eqemu source:

So, yeah, there is AC-based mitigation in eqemu code. It even allows for item shielding %, AA, etc. Not that you can see this, because you've got me on ignore, but hey, that's not my problem. I haven't run the parses (yet), but I will do so eventually, because I'm curious how well the stock eqemu code works now.

Also, you seem to be talking about AC mitigating hit chance. I hope you didn't make AC actually factor in to Mob::CheckHitChance, or you're a fool.