Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

I started a few days ago on EqMac. 24 Necro named Jysin.

Hit me up with some freebie gear people. I have two slots worth a damn (Robe / Mainhand), and the rest pretty much empty!
How you liking it? Had any groups yet? You got 24 levels in a few days?!

I'm not much further ahead of you so can't offer anything in the way of gear or plat. But I can recommend doing the temple of sol quests when you are high enough level. And the Thurgadin quests when you are higher again. Some really nice items from that and it saves spending your money on gear.

Only other tip is to auto join Alliance channel and keep an eye out in there. People sometimes give away gear and it's often really good. Junk from Kunark and beyond tends to be pretty amazing by old world standards.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I love how P99 staff gloat that they got Platlord's accounts banned. Instantly DDOS attacks start and duping is now confirmed. The more you try and fight RMT using 'War on Drugs' approach, the worse it gets for all other players. Honestly I don't think people would buy plat if more content wasn't being perma camped by so few players.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How you liking it? Had any groups yet? You got 24 levels in a few days?!

I'm not much further ahead of you so can't offer anything in the way of gear or plat. But I can recommend doing the temple of sol quests when you are high enough level. And the Thurgadin quests when you are higher again. Some really nice items from that and it saves spending your money on gear.

Only other tip is to auto join Alliance channel and keep an eye out in there. People sometimes give away gear and it's often really good. Junk from Kunark and beyond tends to be pretty amazing by old world standards.
Only one group where I was showing a new to EQ player (no damn idea how they stumbled across this game or obscure server) the ropes. The rest was pretty much solo with the majority of the XP pushes after an MGB with KEI and Virtue. Field of Bone and Kurns both, to my knowledge, have zone experience modifiers and as a necro, I can just plow through undead. I remember getting 5% or more per kill in Kurns alone (solo) in my late teens and there is little to no downtime at all. Since then I have moved to Paludal Caverns at lvl 20, which I am told is also a zone with and xp modifier. I just head to the deep bandit camp with my Virtue and KEI and plow through the mobs. They have a very quick respawn rate as well, which helps. I occasionally see groups of 3-6 people at that camp, but I have not seen anyone else soloing it like I have. These mobs will soon be turning light blue though, so I need to find the next appropriate zone with a ZEM.

Gear wise, I only have an Oracle Robe, a Zlandi Heart (great item), and a Stein of Moggok. The rest of my slots are empty for the most part. Thankfully Necro's are not nearly as gear dependent as other classes.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've actually been lucky to have a couple donations from rerolled members, but then ran across an old Darkwind guildmate who gave me a big dontation of plat. The Zlandi heart I talked a guy down to 9k.

qwerty, if you need some plat on Al'Kabor let me know
PM me your char name and I'll try and find you online
Sweet thanks!
smile.png

Pretty much in total love with this server. In about my 4th month now, just doing things my way, really fun. Wish more people played it, it's strange that P99 has such a big population when this is (more or less) the better server.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Sweet thanks!
smile.png

Pretty much in total love with this server. In about my 4th month now, just doing things my way, really fun. Wish more people played it, it's strange that P99 has such a big population when this is (more or less) the better server.
I played on Al'Kabor and found it to be pretty much like live - filled with boxes and 1-man armies. It just wasn't for me. I realize this shit happened in live, and I realize a lot of people enjoy it (hell, I boxed a whole group on Fippy). This time around I just prefer a server where everyone doesn't have a pocket Cleric, Wizard/Druid etc.

The community on P99 has been great for me. I've met people at all level brackets, done most of the classic dungeons and generally had a great time, minus the network issues recently.

If Al'Kabor didn't allow boxing, I would play on it in a heartbeat. To be clear, I'm not saying Al'Kabor is bad, far from it, just notmycup of tea currently.

Yeah I think if you want more social experience, p99 is the better choice at the moment. EQ Mac really needs more players. The boxing thing, not sure whether that would ever go away. It's so much fun to box multiple characters and it's also really good game-wise as well, because all the loot you make goes to you. You can camp an item with your boxes easily, and then when it drops, you give it to whichever box you want.

There are still groups, just not as often. Although the high levels may be a totally different story. I have done /who 1 10, then /who 11-20, etc.. In my time zone there were only about 50 players online up to level 60, and then shit loads in those last 5 levels. And I heard horror stories of how the high levels play out on P99. So the ironic thing is that P99 is the better server to level up on with groups, but EQ Mac may be the better option once you reach the high levels.

But whatever, for me, I like playing by myself anyway. I have my box team and I go to all my favorite zones and take my time splitting nameds I want and camping for items or XP. Sometimes I grind, sometimes I just camp a mob and watch a movie and just tab back every 30 minutes for repops. Server is great if you are a loner type I guess.

Just a shame there isn't a server that is a bit of both.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Yeah I think if you want more social experience, p99 is the better choice at the moment. EQ Mac really needs more players. The boxing thing, not sure whether that would ever go away. It's so much fun to box multiple characters and it's also really good game-wise as well, because all the loot you make goes to you. You can camp an item with your boxes easily, and then when it drops, you give it to whichever box you want.

There are still groups, just not as often. Although the high levels may be a totally different story. I have done /who 1 10, then /who 11-20, etc.. In my time zone there were only about 50 players online up to level 60, and then shit loads in those last 5 levels. And I heard horror stories of how the high levels play out on P99. So the ironic thing is that P99 is the better server to level up on with groups, but EQ Mac may be the better option once you reach the high levels.

But whatever, for me, I like playing by myself anyway. I have my box team and I go to all my favorite zones and take my time splitting nameds I want and camping for items or XP. Sometimes I grind, sometimes I just camp a mob and watch a movie and just tab back every 30 minutes for repops. Server is great if you are a loner type I guess.

Just a shame there isn't a server that is a bit of both.
The rampant boxing and scipting done on that server is rediculous. Will never play there again.

What is the scripting? You mean like macros? I don't find it too ridiculous though, yeah people tend to box a couple of characters like a tank and shaman or whatever, but it's not a big deal. Lots of people still play one and so group as often as possible. And even boxers often want someone to join them. I got invited to join a guy just last night, and he basically power levelled me because I was out of mana when he invited me, so he ran around doing all the work and I just did bits. But he had 2 characters and I was playing one, so it was like half a group, we did well.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
For my level, I've seen one guy who has a scripted box crew aoe group. He has 2 chanters that start casting stuns 2-3 minutes before he starts, then he pulls the zone in small chunks for about 10 minutes then finally nukes it all down. I've seen the guy pulling and theres no break in his movement at all, so I have a hard time believing that at least the enchanters arent scripted.

That said, those guys seem far and few between. I've definitely had the option to group at every level range that I've been in, and have met plenty of decent players. Nearly everybody is two boxing but that doesn't really bother me. Honestly EQ is so slow that boxing feels more rewarding in some aspects than solo play. Taking out a hard area while juggling toons is fun. It can be annoying when you know that every character in the group is running at 60% efficiency because the owner is playing 3 guys, but thats the trade off in playing low pop.

Also, the scripting availability on live PC is far worse than on EQ mac, the only server that is legit is P99, which comes with its own host of problems.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I'd like to reiterate that I too love(d) boxing. For me, after my stint on Fippy with a full group for almost a year I just got burnt out on it. I have a few buddies on Al'Kabor that swear by it. Perhaps if I get burned out on P99 I may give it another go.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I understand what they're trying to accomplish, but it's stupid. I've all but given up trying to level 51+. Too many instances of no clerics or clerics bailing for guild events or pussies that don't want to venture to anything remotely dangerous. Annoying.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
Recently made a char on eqmac as well, nice people on there. Got a level 20 enc in a few days and a level 5 monk. I find myself not wanting to go out and grind unless i have MGB's :/ Still fun though. Oh and almost no gear and plat ugh..

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeeaaah buddy! P99 is way better if you don't want your AC to work so armor is just some pretty accessory, but sometimes players, especially melee classes, want their armor to work so they go play onThe Sleeper.
There is *ONE* guild on The Sleepers. That's how low its population is.

rrr_img_37838.jpg