Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure in kunark/velious era EQ, rangers out DPSed some powerhouse classes like, Bard, Enchanter, all healers, and mages on mod rod duty. Once they get vulak gear of course.
You dont accept that classic EQ has some downright retarded class design/balance?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You dont accept that classic EQ has some downright retarded class design/balance?
What? Who said that? This guy is talking about p99 so I spoke to him about that era. If I was talking about classic I would have never said rangers out dps enchanters.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the tips and the information though guys. I'm running with a friend of mine duo and I'll probably keep the ranger for shits and giggles, but then a separate group for well...group stuff, and I'll probably do a mage since it sounds like those are a lot better and seem fun.

Zyke

Anyone here have high level fletching or know someone who does? I'm level 8 and just finished the trueshot bow quest but I can't actually make the fucking thing without 200+ fletching. I don't have a lot of money but I'd give whatever I can if someone can help me out here.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I just fired this back up and I'm looking for some people to play with. I'm a Level 5 bard.

Zyke

Anyone interested in starting with a group? Me and 4-5 other guys are making new chars together this week that we're only going to level up together so we'll always be in the same place, be the same level, and have a fairly balanced group. We could use one more though and can't find anyone so if anyone here is interested let me know. We probably won't be playing it super hardcore so you might want a separate character for solo or shit like that, but it should be fun.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Good number but not really crazy. There are dozens of WoW emu servers with 2000+ people on. Surely EQ can have just one?
Having 1000 players in a game without instances is a more meaningful stat compared to 2k players in an instanced world. Just ask the raid scene if they need more raiders.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The amazing thing is that the server has been in Kunark for what, two years now? To still pull 1k on an emulated server with no major new content in so long is impressive.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what do you guys think of the recent account trading ban?

i think its a dumb idea, considering the RMT problem on the server. the rule is just gonna push more of the economy underground.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Come back to The Sleeper pharm, isn't the same with out you
frown.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
speaking of underground economy, if anyone wants a lvl 70 Fae Fury in EQ2 lemme know. Will accept p99 plat/loot. Not expecting much at all.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
I've been playing with a few friends for a couple of weeks now and I'm surprised how much I still love this game. I thought it might just be nostalgia and that it would wear off quickly but the gameplay is awesome. Horrible trains, naked corpse runs, inter-class dependency... All those things that were "fixed" in later games makes EQ so great.

We are playing mage, mage, enchanter, bard, with mage pets as tanks. The slow levelling speed will probably kills us eventually but at level 11 we are having a blast.

axeman_sl

shitlord
what do you guys think of the recent account trading ban?

i think its a dumb idea, considering the RMT problem on the server. the rule is just gonna push more of the economy underground.
It's like when schools ban something they know can't be stopped, such as sagging jeans, just to get the parents to shut up about it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife and I have been playing this, lol, only level 5 right now--it's amazing how fun this is, despite bad controls, and some really obtuse mechanics. Something about it just clicks. I showed it to my little brother (10 years younger than me) who was brought up on WoW, and he loves it. Not sure what it is about the EQ formula that sucks people in. I'm sure he'll get sick of it once the group mechanics really set in, but for now, the long leveling curve, combined with a huge power increase every few levels, seems to have him hooked.

If anyone has any spare old twink gear that they don't want, for a necro or cleric, let me know, I can give you on IOU, lol.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wife and I have been playing this, lol, only level 5 right now--it's amazing how fun this is, despite bad controls, and some really obtuse mechanics. Something about it just clicks. I showed it to my little brother (10 years younger than me) who was brought up on WoW, and he loves it. Not sure what it is about the EQ formula that sucks people in. I'm sure he'll get sick of it once the group mechanics really set in, but for now, the long leveling curve, combined with a huge power increase every few levels, seems to have him hooked.

If anyone has any spare old twink gear that they don't want, for a necro or cleric, let me know, I can give you on IOU, lol.
Make sure to set max fps to 50 or below. It affects your ability to mouse-turn when it's set at the default 100--makes the controls seem a lot worse than they are. Re-keybinding also really helps :p The defaults are atrocious.