Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

scal_sl

shitlord
So you would go cleric or shammy over druid or pally even?
Yes. Paladins do not partner very well with enchanters. Most high-end mobs are better off tanked by a charmed pet anyways since you can heal it more efficiently via memory blur or simply pitching the pet.

Druids are alright for the leveling process, but rather weak later on. Their healing and sustainability is very weak. For a pet with 6k-10k HP, it's going to take the druids entire mana pool to heal. You can ration this healing by using blur our of combat and conserving healing for the enchanter/dire situations, but why not just roll a shaman/cleric and avoid this entirely.
The three big things druids bring to the table are
1) Ports. Realistically, you should be bound outside of Seb/HS (whichever you're farming).
2) Snare. 3) Animal Charm. I'm lumping these two together because they have very similar downsides. For the most part, both of these abilities just aren't effective in high money camps. Snare can still be used for runners, but as an ability to mitigate charm breaks, the enchanter is likely to get summoned anyways. Animal charm is similar in the sense that where it excels is not where money is made.

With that said, the number of mobs that cannot be soloed by an enchanter, but can be duoed by enchanter/X is very small. The goal of your duo should be to reduce the chance of failure for a solo enchanter, and cleric provides the largest safety net for that.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes. Paladins do not partner very well with enchanters. Most high-end mobs are better off tanked by a charmed pet anyways since you can heal it more efficiently via memory blur or simply pitching the pet.

Druids are alright for the leveling process, but rather weak later on. Their healing and sustainability is very weak. For a pet with 6k-10k HP, it's going to take the druids entire mana pool to heal. You can ration this healing by using blur our of combat and conserving healing for the enchanter/dire situations, but why not just roll a shaman/cleric and avoid this entirely.
The three big things druids bring to the table are
1) Ports. Realistically, you should be bound outside of Seb/HS (whichever you're farming).
2) Snare. 3) Animal Charm. I'm lumping these two together because they have very similar downsides. For the most part, both of these abilities just aren't effective in high money camps. Snare can still be used for runners, but as an ability to mitigate charm breaks, the enchanter is likely to get summoned anyways. Animal charm is similar in the sense that where it excels is not where money is made.

With that said, the number of mobs that cannot be soloed by an enchanter, but can be duoed by enchanter/X is very small. The goal of your duo should be to reduce the chance of failure for a solo enchanter, and cleric provides the largest safety net for that.
I'm convinced. Cleric it is. Thanks all for the input.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This was asked on reddit in the World of Warcraft sub. Most upvoted comment was "Revive Pet"
Highsun all day. Sending people right back to their spawn point (their mothers womb) for the win. It would be one of the most diabolical powers ever.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Highsun all day. Sending people right back to their spawn point (their mothers womb) for the win. It would be one of the most diabolical powers ever.
God, I remember the epic trains we had to deal with in potactics on live, such an amazing spell when you want to grief.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
If I could do one spell, it would be Bind Affinity, no doubt. Die and respawn where I want to? Fuck yeah.

Does this mean, that If i bind myself at age 25, and I die at 80, that Id respawn as a 25 year old again?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
If you bound yourself in Freeport at level 12, then died at 20, did you respawn at 12? No, at best (worst) you respawned at 19!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You could get naked and just die repeatedly to get younger, while selling the organs from all your leftover bodies. You'd be rich.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So if you die of old age with bind affinity do you get stuck in an endless death loop where you spend the rest of eternity staring at an irl loading screen?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Die repeatedly and sell organs?

I'd rather have Sacrifice. Make people younger AND get all sorts of cash money.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No one cares about the people you ripped off running a WoW private server.

Anyone with brains and time could make that much through paypal.

How do you think I have been able to support myself despite having no real job? WarZ private server / GunZ the Duel private servers. Shit makes like $300-1700 per month if not more depending on how much 'private, non-released files' I sell in that time. You'd be surprised at the amount of people that will throw you money just to set up a private server of a game they don't even own the rights to.

All being said I would not be surprised if it was actually true. There's more idiots with money out there than anything else... but it's likely photoshopped or edited using firebug.
Can you please explain what the fuck you are talking about here Secrets? I'm still curious as fuck. What the fuck are you talking about? WoW Private server? Like I don't get it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Cor Por, or In Vas Mani
Nah dude, gotta go with summon blade spirits. Absolutely chaos. Summon that shit and run. Oh, cops realize its you summoning them? Good fucking luck trying to capture me while I'm dropping blade spirits all over your grillmax. Does this ability come with infinite mana?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Can you please explain what the fuck you are talking about here Secrets? I'm still curious as fuck. What the fuck are you talking about? WoW Private server? Like I don't get it.
You'll just have to be curious a little longer; I've ran out of fucks to give.